News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boots for standing on concrete

Started by flyinlow, September 12, 2017, 02:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Tennis shoes aren't cutting it anymore for long periods in the garage. I was looking at Wolverine 6 inch Raider boots that where rated good for standing on concrete. TSC didn.t have my size so I was going to order a pair . Anyone use these or have a recommendation?

timmycharger

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BDF

Danner 25200
Very comfy on concrete all day, every day for 8 years. Can be re-soled, but I wore out the toes badly  :rotz:
Very $$$ up front but spread out cost over a decade?  :cheers:

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Ryan.C

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

FJMG

Red Wings here too, my current pair finally developed a hole in the leather...20 years after I bought them! I believe they also supply many in the nursing community, now there is a profession that spends PLENTY of time on concrete!

69rtse4spd

Looked at the old post, man almost 3 years ago when I bought the Cats. Bought three pairs, rotate wearing them, still got them & no problems. In them all day long, will buy again when I wear them out. But at my age standing for 3-4 hours at the mill or lathe, my back starts to hurt so brake time.     

Tilar

I have a pair of Red Wings that I bought back in 2008 and they are great... but they are starting to wear down on the soles.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

flyinlow

Thanks for the replies.  Had good luck with Danner hunting boots. There is a Redwing store about 40minutes away. Might make a Charger mission there next week.

RiverRaider

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2408-red-wing-shoes/2408-red-wing-mens-8-inch-boot-brown
Redwing 2408 boots there expensive $230+ for 15's  but worth it.  I am on concrete all day long.  I also wear
them at swap meets.    I have worn this style boot for years.  From time to time I will try others but have always
come back to the 2408.
My first Charger was a Stock Car.