News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ringbrothers ’69 Dodge Charger video: unveil and interview

Started by erlendch, October 31, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Generally not a restomod fan, but this is growing on me.
Yeah, I think I like it.
Glad you are happy with the outcome.
:2thumbs:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

alfaitalia

Looking at the pictures again....I'm not sue if I would have noticed the moving forward of the front wheels if it had just been parked at the side of the road.....I see it clearly now but is that only because I KNOW its been done. Much like the tail shortening......two inches is neither here nor there......that's not what my wife says but that's a different story!!! I would not be surprised if others who have commented would not have noticed either (without another one near to compare)....if they are being honest.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

moparstuart

now this one at Sema , on the other hand is a POS .  Looks like a ford from the side   

Mytur Binsdirti

Finn

I love it. The shift forward of the front wheel is cool and continues to grow on me. The quality of the work looks great and I appreciate the fact that when I first saw the build on instagram, I thought it was stock. Honestly I think a lot of the people harping on the changes made wouldn't have noticed unless it was pointed out. Congrats man it's a beautiful ride. You've got a new subscriber on YouTube now so I hope to see more of it!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

RCCDrew

Not a fan of either one. The white one is horrible. The positive offset of the front wheel on the green car makes the hub cap stick out too far. I do like that it tries to resemble the stock look, but as said before, you can't improve the Chargers original proportions.

darbgnik

Yeah that white one is completely ruined. Removing the door scallops and essentially doubling the height of the front fenders, I don't even recognize it as a charger.....

Neither they or you elaborated on the increase in wheel base. Was it done for handling? If so, I can sure appreciate the sentiment. I don't think it changes the proportions that much.
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

WHITE AND RED 69

I dig it.  :2thumbs:  The only thing I don't like is the exhaust tips(They are not bad but the stock tips would have fit the build better). Everything else was tastefully done and looks great.

I found some nice pictures online that show it off.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Homerr

White one is just terrible.

Green one is nice quality, not my thing.  Only thing on it I saw that I thought was an improvement on the original is the door panel under the armrest.

Mike DC

The Rings' car came out looking sorta like a Charger with its dimensions pushed a few steps in the direction of a 1st-gen Camaro.

bill440rt

I can totally appreciate the craftsmanship of the Ringbrothers car. Nicely done, & well executed.

However... yeah the body mods just do not give it justice IMHO. Certain subtle body mods I think are OK (shaving door handles, tucking in bumpers tight, shaving side markers, etc). But the overall body lines on a 2nd Gen Charger are just perfection. I just do not see the need to change them.
Then again mine's riding on Foose wheels which are not welcomed at least on this forum.  ::)   But I got some Ringbrother's parts on my car as well.   :2thumbs:

Congrats on getting your Charger done the way you wanted it. Now go enjoy it!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gtx6970

Quote from: erlendch on October 31, 2017, 09:44:57 PM
Haters gonna hate, but I'm happy!

Thanks for the support and positive feedback from many of you. Ringbrothers was suggested by a member here, HPP, so big thumbs up to him or her. Thanks for watching! Sharing of the video is much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/8eSBrncI1RM

I Like the idea it still looks like a 69 Charger to most people.
Not a fan of  the wheel offsets. ( or the wheel  themselves as Ive never been a big fan of steel wheel look myself )

BUT, it not MY car either. 
If YOU'RE  happy with it its all good, drive the snot out of it and enjoy the hell out of it as long as it put s big ars smile on your face.

RCCDrew

I like it more in the most recent pictures, but that front hubcap still throws me off.

johnnycharger

Hey man, I hope you are happy with it. I think it came out great. We all have different tastes and some will shove their opinions on you. What matters is that you are happy with it. Personally I really like how the wheels came out.
Drive it and enjoy it. It is yours and no one elses!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

erlendch

Thanks for all your feedback! I knew it was going to get some hate from Mopar fans, but I can live with that  :icon_smile_cool: I love hearing your thoughts on it though, but good and bad, so thanks again for all comments and keep it coming.

Kern Dog

So you know, the word "hater" may seem like a trendy and cool thing to say but it is not accurate. Just because someone has a difference of opinion, it is not always "Hate" that is the reason. Sometimes it is just how another person sees things. People that immediately discount another persons opinion or right to have one? That is closer to hate than the opinion itself. I am glad the owner of this car is open minded enough to see that. "Haters" ? No, more like "Critics".
Sometimes a critics opinion is based on years of experience in a matter, the opinion based on comparisons of several similar specimen. Sometimes the critic is just a person with no factual basis to form the opinion, they may not even own a classic car. THey have the right to the opinion but I'd think that their opinion carries less weight.
If you wanted the car to look like THIS, then you must be happy with the result. If you had something else in mind, I hope that you got a discount.
Sure, the builders HAVE ability.   Still, just because you CAN, it does not mean that you SHOULD. I have the money to pay Doctors to shorten my arms and legs and make my kneecaps stick out further but what sense does that make? The body mods done here did not correct a flaw. As much as I love the Wife's 2015 Challenger, the longer wheelbase and shorter front and rear over-hangs do make the car look more stubby. This is the same with this car. The extended rocker panels takes it even further.

moparstuart

moparstuart

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Mopar Nut

Quote from: erlendch on November 03, 2017, 12:20:26 AM
Thanks for all your feedback! I knew it was going to get some hate from Mopar fans, but I can live with that  :icon_smile_cool: I love hearing your thoughts on it though, but good and bad, so thanks again for all comments and keep it coming.

I like it, congrats!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BDF