News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 door handles

Started by randy73, November 13, 2017, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

How does the door handle connect to the door release?

When I reach inside the door frame, I cannot feel a rod, I know it's there, just cannot seem to figure out where the damn thing is.

Also, is it possible to just remove the outside handle or do I have to remove the whole assembly?

aifilaw

There's a mechanism it attaches to (along with the lock, and a bar that goes to the indicator lock on top, and a bar that goes to the indoor handle, all connect there where it latches to the body.
The rod goes almost straight up to the outside door handle and cuts a 90-degree for half an inch, that's what inserts into a plastic piece that attaches on one side of the door handle.

To remove, It's a 7/16" socket wrench to take off two nuts from the center of the door handle on the inside of the door, then push the plastic piece that's holding the rod on off to the side. You really need a flashlight to see and it will make sense how to remove it without breaking the plastic.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

aifilaw

You can't see the rod because its on the end, closest to the end of the car door.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Nacho-RT74

you can remove the door handle and the rod will be exposed to be able to remove it from the clip. the rod inserts on eye end and spins to wrap the rod and securilly keep in place

( illustrative images not mopar related, but works the same )

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

randy73