News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration help

Started by dawgfather, November 15, 2017, 11:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfather

Hi guys
   So my builder is slowing down on my build and he can hardly support himself. He has been stalling  on the build and nothing much been done. Any of you guys know if the is a builder in the San Francisco area that could help me finish the job? Paint is done and needs buffing, motor needs some stuff, brake and fuel lines, install all interior. Any leads are much appreciated.

69rtse4spd

Sounds like he is in $$$ problems, talk to him & get your stuff out of there before it's to late. :Twocents:.

gtx6970

Quote from: dawgfather on November 15, 2017, 11:16:39 PM
Hi guys
   So my builder is slowing down on my build and he can hardly support himself. He has been stalling  on the build and nothing much been done. Any of you guys know if the is a builder in the San Francisco area that could help me finish the job? Paint is done and needs buffing, motor needs some stuff, brake and fuel lines, install all interior. Any leads are much appreciated.

wish you were closer

Old Moparz

Many years ago I got burned on a restoration project by a shop that ended up in financial difficulty & I lost thousands of dollars. After months of pushing the guy who was laying off his workers left & right, I went to a lawyer who told me the same thing 69rtse4spd said, "GET YOUR STUFF OUT OF THERE ASAP! even if you have to go there with a flat bed towing company.

In my case my car was still drivable so I removed the car that same week, but some replacement parts were missing. Less than two weeks later the fire department closed him down for multiple violations that were never corrected & he never reopened the shop. There were dozens of cars in the building including an old E-Type Jaguar, SS Nova convertible, a Mercedes from the 1950's, an early 60's Chryser 300 & a few other classics. All those cars went into the storage yard of another body shop behind a fence & sat for months in litigation & accumulated storage fees from that shop.

Sorry I can't help recommend anyone being 3000 miles away, good luck.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Dans 68

I'd recommend American Customs and Classics in Hollister. They restored my brothers '67 Catalina convertible, and it turned out fantastic. They are not the least expensive around but I can vouch for their work. Here is their https://www.facebook.com/AmericanCustomsClassics page.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

smos001

Precision Restorations in St. Louis, MO. Large restoration company, experienced techs.
Shipping maybe worth it if there is a lot left to do. But if the car is close to being done, may just have to interview the local shops. Just get everything in writing.

//www.precisioncarrestoration.com