News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upper rear spring bushing

Started by randy73, December 17, 2017, 03:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

So I finally got my gas tank in and was going to bolt in the rear leaf spring when I noticed that the the upper shackle bushing I had would not work. It was just the bushing and did not have the metal outer shell and looking online I do not see it sold, so does any one know where I get a couple?   

birdsandbees

Upper rear spring bushings are just rubber.. at least on a '69 B body.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

randy73

Thanks, I wonder if someone added the metal ring.

HPP

Maybe someone force fit an upper control arm bushing in its place.

randy73

Well I put new bushings on and now have about a 1/4" of play, so I need to do something to fill the gap. Anyone have a suggestion?

Guessing the hole got boogered out some how.

HPP

Now we know why it had the sleeve.

Replacing the socket to accept the proper bushing is the correct way. Or, you could sleeve it down to the proper size. Seems like a .125 wall tube could be inserted and welded in place.

Or use a sleeved bushing again. Do you happen to have an upper control arm bushing handy?

randy73

I do not have a bushing handy, do you know if they anyone makes the socket?

68 RT

You may have a-body bushings, they are 7/8, e and b body are 1 inch.

randy73

Don't think so, there is at least a 1/4" of travel

Nacho-RT74

chassis and spring eye bushings are the same. You can get 8 pieces ( 4 pairs ) and will replace both sides
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

randy73

Yeah, but that is not my issue. Seems the chassis hole on one side has been larger and the is a big gap between the chassis and the bushing

randy73

So after comparing the 2 sides, the steel tube is gone from the passenger side. So I got a stainless tube from HD and welded it in after cutting it to length. The inside diameter is slightly bigger, but I got bigger bushings and now the suspension is finally finished.