News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Window - 3rd Gen Mounted in Door - Pictures

Started by 72Charger-SE, December 19, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger-SE

Unfortunately I keep learning the hard way that the many photos I took of the tear down of the car are insufficient and do not give the necessary detail to put things back together.  :slap:

Last night I spent several hours figuring out exactly how to reinstall the power windows on the driver and passenger doors in my 72 Charger.  I checked on here and the Internet for a photo of the proper bolt holes used and orientation of the regulator but was not able to find any.  I hope these photos will save someone time having the same issue in the future. Enjoy...   :2thumbs:

I will take a few more photos of the inside of the door to show what is where to give a visual and post them as well. 

The key to the entire process is to keep the squiggly shaped (like a backwards & rounded F) part of the regulator in the hole (see pic).  

Thanks, GOD Bless & Merry Christmas!

72Charger72

72ChargerSE curious if you know? I have a set of 73 SE doors with power windows. Do you know if the power windows would swap into my 72 Rallye Doors?

Nacho-RT74

YES it should. Usually 71/72 regulators got sliders and 73/74 got rollers to run into the glass channels BUT work and fit the same

I have a 71 regulator on my 74 passenger side door. I changed the slider assembly to roller what I took from the damaged regulator just for correctness but I made the fit test anyway and worked the same.

Its manual regulator but I guess powered hasn’t to be different
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

72Charger72

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 19, 2017, 10:50:22 AM
YES it should. Usually 71/72 regulators got sliders and 73/74 got rollers to run into the glass channels BUT work and fit the same

I have a 71 regulator on my 74 passenger side door. I changed the slider assembly  to roller what I took from the damaged regulator just for correctness but I dis the fit test anyway and worked the same.

Its manual regulator but I guess powered hasn't to be different
Thanks again Nacho!

72Charger-SE

Yes, I can confirm.  I have one of the 73 door regulators in the passenger door of my 72.

Quote from: 72Charger72 on December 19, 2017, 09:20:24 AM
72ChargerSE curious if you know? I have a set of 73 SE doors with power windows. Do you know if the power windows would swap into my 72 Rallye Doors?

72Charger72

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on December 19, 2017, 07:37:11 PM
Yes, I can confirm.  I have one of the 73 door regulators in the passenger door of my 72.

Quote from: 72Charger72 on December 19, 2017, 09:20:24 AM

Thanks 72Charger-SE! and to think I was going to sell them lol.