News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how did you find your way here?

Started by b5blue, March 06, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Fans of the mighty 1ST, 2ND and 3RD generation Charger have found this forum from all parts of the planet. I followed a link off eBay from a member selling restored dashes.  :cheers:

JB400

chargermick

I googled Dodge Charger many many years ago.

Lennard

It's been almost 10 years since I joined this forum. I can't remember how I found it. :scratchchin:

dyslexic teddybear

Interested in all things Mopar......came across a reference somewhere....

Read a bit on the areo section.....realized this site had the higest ratio of good, knowledgable guys to internet rectums of any site I know of.

Joining was pretty logical :yesnod:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

nvrbdn

Doing searches for the Charger and clicked on the right option. Presto, a whole world of the 68-70 Charger was opened up. Didn't browse very long before I had to jump in. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

XH29N0G

I'd like to say it is in my avatar....because Buckaroo Bonzai said no matter where you go, there you are

i think i searched for chargers and I needed help in a big way.  I started off with a question about edelbrock heads.  
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

green69rt

I had run across the 69hemi.com site somehow.  There is a link to DC.com on that site and I followed it.  I don't think I went any further and never looked back.

JB400

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

johnnycharger

I met a great guy named Tom(used to go by Twodko on here) at a car show. My family and I had a great time making a new friend that day and he told me about the site.

bakerhillpins

I've probably been "here" for something in the neighborhood of 20 yrs now. I found the old site on the internets when I started dreaming of getting my charger after being in the working world for a few years but I just lurked. In 2005 after the great t-shirt and site evaporation debacle I joined up when Troy built this from the ashes.  :lol:

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 06, 2018, 10:11:00 PM
I met a great guy named Tom(used to go by Twodko on here) at a car show. My family and I had a great time making a new friend that day and he told me about the site.

Great guy! He had basically the same car as mine so I spent time talking with him about it. Hope he is doing ok.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

alfaitalia

Found it when looking to buy my one!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: JB400 on March 06, 2018, 06:38:22 PM
Internet search on Dodge Chargers.

Quote from: chargermick on March 06, 2018, 06:51:15 PM
I googled Dodge Charger many many years ago.

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on March 07, 2018, 07:02:27 AM
The old site.

:iagree: x3

back in 2002, with the old board... I was Venezuelan-RT74 back in the days. That board died with 12K or so posts by me... so... I could get 29K by today.

I don't have life quite often ( at this moment for example )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

John_Kunkel

Quote from: JB400 on March 06, 2018, 06:38:22 PM
Internet search on Dodge Chargers.

Me too. There was no Internet when I had my first two Chargers but when I got my last one (a '70 R/T) I looked for a dedicated forum.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 07, 2018, 07:10:23 AM
I've probably been "here" for something in the neighborhood of 20 yrs now. I found the old site on the internets when I started dreaming of getting my charger after being in the working world for a few years but I just lurked. In 2005 after the great t-shirt and site evaporation debacle I joined up when Troy built this from the ashes.  :lol:

Quote from: johnnycharger on March 06, 2018, 10:11:00 PM

Great guy! He had basically the same car as mine so I spent time talking with him about it. Hope he is doing ok.

Same here...internet search (probably Lycos, Hotbot, or Altavista...thats how long ago it was) led me to the old site when I bought my 74 Charger in late 2001. Then after the above referenced t-shirt meltdown and subsequent apocalypse I followed the crowd here.

Im still annoyed that my "5 word thread" concept got plagiarized....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger-Bodie

When I was working on my Charger that ended up black. I was searching for pics of black,white and or silver Chargers,cause I new it was going to have red interior. I needed to decide the exterior which ended up black. Been here ever since.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

Quote from: LaOtto70Charger on March 07, 2018, 07:02:27 AM
The old site.
Me too. Came here about a week after Troy got this one up and running.  :2thumbs:
I found the old site while searching the net for a grille, IIRC.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: 4cruzin on March 07, 2018, 05:20:55 PM
Troy came to my house . . .  :2thumbs:

He did? All I got was a coupon in the mail.  :shruggy:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Alaskan_TA

I was helping Fred look for his cat.

JB400

If I remember correctly, it was under the vibrating couch.

XH29N0G

I think I showed up late, but just after, or about the time of some couch discussion.  I still don't understand what was happening, and am still haunted by it and also because never could find those cats.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....