News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Happy 92nd Birthday Your Majesty !

Started by alfaitalia, April 21, 2018, 08:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Hope I look that well and have that much energy when (if!) I'm 92!

OK....most on here could not care less....but I do. Royalist through and through!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Lennard

alfaitalia

Hey its the "off topic discussion" forum.....don't get much more off topic than this!! :2thumbs:

68X426

The little Irish blood I have says NO to the royals.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Otherwise, congrats.   :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

oldgold69

its nice when someone lives that long    as an American I don't really care about the royals  unless their from kanas city :nana:

Back N Black

I'm in Canada and we are still part of the commonwealth, so the queen is a big part of our heritage. We I joined the military I  pledged allegiance to the Queen and my rank as a Warrant Officer is the imperial crown.  :2thumbs:

oldgold69

I meant no disrespect to the queen    it just its hard to understand how you can have a monarchy and legislative government at the same time   im sorry if I insulted you

Kern Dog

Wasn't there a picture put out a few years ago with her picking her nose using a glove?   :smilielol:

69CoronetRT

She has seen an incredible amount of world history in her lifetime.

Hbd.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

alfaitalia

Quote from: oldgold69 on April 21, 2018, 11:42:44 PM
I meant no disrespect to the queen    it just its hard to understand how you can have a monarchy and legislative government at the same time   im sorry if I insulted you

None taken....there is no reason for you to know or care really...shes not your Queen.....much like I don't know/care much who the King of Norway etc is!! Ive lived in England my whole life and like most have a soft spot for the old girl....and shes a great ambassador when overseas pushing British business interests ....not to mention all the US and Japanese tourists who flock here to see her and her families heritage and castles....spending their money as they do! 

As far as a Queen and a government....well these days she's a figure head and has no real power to influence government decision making....although every law change is traditionally signed off by the Queen. Due to ancient unchanged laws (and tradition) she actually has a lot of power.....but luckily elects not to use. Each year they have to go to her to ask permission to open parliament....hoping she might say no one year!!! I love all these old traditions....its part of what makes us who we are.

Nacho-RT74

Monarchy nowdays are constitutional, and they have their restrictions. Queens and Kings are nowdays not anymore like in middle ages. Nowdays they are formed to be what they are. Of course they have their pros and cons like any person. Nowdays they are the state representation head, which is good, one person without really a public politic position allong the time makes a solid institution, which is also good for the state.

Spain is kinda the same than UK. And they/we are in democracy thanks to King Juan Carlos I.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Mopar Nut

Long Live The Queen! 

Happy Birthday!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."