News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When do you know your done?

Started by b5blue, June 11, 2018, 09:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

With the car that is. So I've got one door window to service and I think I'm calling it done. Time to drive not fuss with, any nicer and I'll be avoiding use for fear of damage. The closer I get to my completion the more crap goes wrong anyway. (Really door lock knobs that won't just screw onto the rods?) After watching my AMD rear bumper pepper with rust and Trim Parts (Made in USA) door handles chrome checker and turn hazy gray just sitting mostly on my carport getting things nicer for a driver isn't making sense. Time to plan some road trips.  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

You are never done with an old car until the day you sell it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

John_Kunkel

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 11, 2018, 02:25:17 PM

Not always, I've become friends with the owner of one of my old cars and he occasionally calls me for advice on maintaining/improving it. So I guess it's safe to say "not until you're dead".
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Lennard

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 11, 2018, 03:15:50 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on June 11, 2018, 02:25:17 PM

Not always, I've become friends with the owner of one of my old cars and he occasionally calls me for advice on maintaining/improving it. So I guess it's safe to say "not until you're dead".
Did he pay extra for your continued support?  :lol:

b5blue

1st road trip will be short and soon.  http://suncoastprimates.com   

Kern Dog

The way I see it, I like to tinker with stuff and to be "done" might mean that it is time to start working on something else.

odcics2

You're done when you flat line. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

You are never done.  I hope anyway.

timmycharger

It's the question I get asked the most by friends and family..  What are you going to do now that the car is finally done?

My answer is always the same: It will never be done! The car will always need to be tuned, tinkered with and repaired (hopefully not often) as long as I own it.  Hell, I'm already planning a cam swap for this winter on my 440 that has less than 600 miles on a fresh rebuild  :yesnod:

alfaitalia

If you mean done as in fully restored ...then when its finished its finished. You know how it looked when it left the factory and when its as close to that as you can get...or can afford to get...job done. Maintenance and tinkering don't count IMO. However with a resto mod build like mine there is no finishing line as there is nothing to copy or base the car upon. Even though I'm not finished I'm already thinking about changing the seats as Ive seen some that might look better. Parts Ive fitted that might have been better chromed ...or not chromed! etc etc....I cant see how it will ever be really finished....I keep getting new  ideas and inspiration....but as least it will be a rolling project rather than garage bound!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!