News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No Carpet?

Started by F8-4life, June 19, 2018, 10:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F8-4life

I have the idea of getting rid of the carpet in my roadrunner.
Possibly painting the floors in satin black and just running it that way.
It would give the car more of a fun hot rod feel.
It is a 4 speed no console w/ white bucket seat interior.
I think its a rather good idea at the moment, but wanted to run it by the forums..

Good or bad idea?

F8-4life

I suppose the value aspect is one downfall.

68 RT

Heat is another issue.

BrianShaughnessy

Don't recall if rubber floor mats are available instead of carpet...    :scratchchin:

That's another idea instead of bare metal...   which is not an option for me.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparstuart

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 19, 2018, 10:34:15 AM
Don't recall if rubber floor mats are available instead of carpet...    :scratchchin:

That's another idea instead of bare metal...   which is not an option for me.  :Twocents:
yes you could get the taxi cab interior in a Road Runner with just rubber mat 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2018, 10:46:38 AM
Don't recall if rubber floor mats are available instead of carpet...    :scratchchin:

That's another idea instead of bare metal...   which is not an option for me.  :Twocents:

I haven't seen anyone selling replacements, have you?

Had a 1973 Valiant years ago & my wife had a 1975 Duster with the rubber mat, it was insulated on the bottom side of it & easy to keep clean.  :cheers:

As for no carpet & a bare floor, I bought a new carpet years ago for one of my cars but I had a water leak so I removed it until I found the leak. I drove without any carpet, just the bare floor for a long time & hated it. It's louder, hotter & the paint wears off.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

6bblgt

Quote from: moparstuart on June 19, 2018, 10:46:38 AM

carpet was STANDARD on every Road Runner

moparstuart

I have seen several with the mats so maybe they  opted for less weight ?  I know of at least two A-12's with taxi cab style interior 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

RRs weren't the cheapest B-bodies and people did sometimes try to lighten them up even more.  A racy RR might have ended up with rubber floormats lifted from some other car. 

c00nhunterjoe

Got a friend with a 1 of 13 roadrunner that has the taxi cab option. Pretty sure its on the broadcast sheet. I will investigate.

richf

I was planning to look into modifying rubber flooring from a P71 Crown Vic into my Charger.  It's great, no worries about wear and tear, no guilt about trodding muddy work boots into the car...
1968 Charger 318/904 project
1985 Suzuki Madura GV700
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

Poor college student

RiverRaider

I like the idea, it would also be great for running projects.
I have not contacted them but the web site shows vinyl flooring in four colors
Auto Custom Carpets Inc.   https://www.accmats.com/flooring/
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

RiverRaider

Quote from: RiverRaider on June 20, 2018, 07:44:54 AM
I like the idea, it would also be great for running projects.
I have not contacted them but the web site shows vinyl flooring in four colors
Auto Custom Carpets Inc.   https://www.accmats.com/flooring/
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Old Moparz

There's a very rare, TF-99 option to consider. My friend had it but the grout was a bitch to keep clean just like the white vinyl top.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Birdflu

Quote from: F8-4life on June 19, 2018, 10:04:11 AM
I have the idea of getting rid of the carpet in my roadrunner.
Possibly painting the floors in satin black and just running it that way.
It would give the car more of a fun hot rod feel.
It is a 4 speed no console w/ white bucket seat interior.
I think its a rather good idea at the moment, but wanted to run it by the forums..

Good or bad idea?

Sounds HOT and LOUD! I wouldn't...

timmycharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 20, 2018, 10:19:33 AM
There's a very rare, TF-99 option to consider. My friend had it but the grout was a bitch to keep clean just like the white vinyl top.  :Twocents:

HAHAHAHA love it!!! I need to show this to my father, he put ceramic tile on every square inch of our house growing up  :rofl:

69bfan

If anyone is looking for the ACC vinyl floor covering, it is available.  The material is not as textured as the original and the original had a speckle color format to it.  If you should look at the "Group Buy - Special Pricing" section I have listed some carpet pricing for Carlisle.  The vinyl mats can be sold at the same price point and I can bring to Carlisle or have them drop shipped.  The attached picture above shows a one piece design, but these are a two piece design much like a carpet set.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com