News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 + 70 don't exist

Started by G-man, June 20, 2018, 06:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hey,

Knowing the 68 charger and 70 charger are the most sought after due to their awesome grills and fast n furious... I would of thought SOMEWHERE on the internet would exist a 1970 charger in black and a 1968 charger in black side by side where one person could look at it and decide which he liked more.

I have looked through google images under a whole bunch of names like Charger 68, blown 70 charger, 68 and 70 charger side by side etc etc.... and nothing, no youtube, no anything.

It is hard to believe that so many charger lovers and nobody has managed to even get a photo of a 1970 + 1968 side by side, like a front view shot... can't be serious?

Anyway, I am trying to see those 2 next to each other in 1 photo. Trying to find them in images and seeing them as 2 different images doesn't really tell the truth because angles are different, lighting is different etc.

Any help on a Black  68 + 70 next to each other would be appreciated.

This is the angle I am referring too https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UIWnkNsxNGk/hqdefault.jpg - Just need a 70 Charger not Challenger!

ht4spd307

How did you come to that conclusion  :smilielol: :lol: :hah:

Birdflu

Though I have ZERO scientific data to back this up...I was always under the impression that the '69 was the most popular among the masses? BTW...I own a '68 R/T and love it!  :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

You don't need a side by side comparison. This is all you need to know....

timmycharger

No drippy booger kid pic to represent a 69 Mytur?   :rofl:

moparstuart

Yup 68's the best no need to look further   :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Birdflu

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 20, 2018, 08:25:13 AM
You don't need a side by side comparison. This is all you need to know....

Now that's FUNNY right there! :rofl:

JB400

Comparing Bullitt to F&F side by side.  I don't think you need to.

triple_green

here in green
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

JB400

It's good to be the middle child

cazzz

that one in the middle looks to be the nicest  :2thumbs:

JR

69 guys always seem to get offended when people prefer other year models. :icon_smile_big:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

VegasCharger

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargervert

I have one of the one on the left,one of the one in the middle, and five of the one on the right. Love them all,but prefer the one on the right the most.

dual fours

I was going to post the picture I have of a '68 and a '70 in black, side by side for the OP, but then after looking a little closer, I realized the picture is a black and white photo. :slap:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Kern Dog

You guys DO realize that the 1970 grille is NO wider than the 68 grille, right?

socalcharger

69 is the most desirable and probably worth a little more than the other 2, 69 is 1st, 68 comes in second, and 70 is 3rd, the 70 is the least desirable of the 3 and brings less money. Whoever disagrees is only fooling themselves.

Kern Dog

So,....The guy that whines and whines all the time has an opinion that we all must consider to be fact now?

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

G-man

Based on that photo of the 3... the 70 to me looks the most muscle like. Just looks chunky.

Why is 69 most desirable? Unless its a general lee, i dont buy it.

Any other photo?? Front diagonal shot preferably.

chargervert

It is the concensus of 69 Charger owners that their cars are better, worth more,and are more desirable.  But the actual prices that 68-70 Chargers are selling for proves that that is just their opinion, and not fact based. While I love all three years of the second generation Charger, all of them are holding their own in the current market, and all of them are considered desirable and collectable.  The 68 was the fresh new look,the 69 was tastefully updated as was the 70,but the 70 by far has the best options and colors.  While everyone has their preferences, a true Charger enthusiast would love them all.  I personally prefer the 70 Charger, but if the 69 owners feel that they are better than or a cut above other second generation owners,thats just ego,not fact. I have a 69 Charger R / T SE, and I don't consider it to be any better than any of my other second generation Chargers.

VegasCharger

Quote from: chargervert on June 20, 2018, 02:35:41 PM
I have one of the one on the left,one of the one in the middle, and five of the one on the right. Love them all,but prefer the one on the right the most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSN1F72QU4

Advance to 0:26  :cheers:

F8-4life

Really anyone who owns a 68-70 charger is already in a pretty cool club, even among other car/hot rod people.

Maybe the debate over which is the best year is a subconous justification by owners to cope with the fact that they cannot own all three years.

BUSTED!

chargervert

Years ago Hollywood and television kind of put the 69 on the map,so out of the second generation Chargers it garnered the most attention, but  Bullitt put the 68 Charger on the big screen first. When the 69 Chargers gained popularity, people started looking for other movies with Chargers in them,and Bullitt with the sinister Black 68 Charger R / T gained popularity too. When the Fast and Furious films came out,the 70 Charger  finally gained the much deserved popularity as well. Now everyone wants a second generation Charger and the market for all of them is strong.  I  follow the Charger market closely, and they are all bringing around the same strong money.  It just comes down to what flavor second generation Charger the buyer prefers. The last time the market was strong like now,the statement made by socal, was probably more accurate, but this time around, all the second generation Chargers are bringing equally strong money.  Since the Fast and Furious films, the 70 Chargers have gained equal status with the 68 and 69 Chargers. Instead of arguing about which is better, or worth more, we should be glad that all second generation Chargers are bringing really strong money, and are probably the most sought after Mopars this time around! I say that you cannot go wrong with any second generation Charger period!