News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition Wiring

Started by krops cars, August 07, 2018, 07:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

On my 70 Charger I cut out all of the wires for alternator and resistor on my new harness. I could not find information on how the starting system works on the mopar. I tried the manual also. I have no power to the ignition  coil during cranking. I was going to add a diode to the from the yellow wire on the solenoid to the blue. Or is there a wire that powers up during cranking?

Nacho-RT74

Brown wire is the one what feeds the coil while cranking ( Start position )... blue on Run position

Why did you cut the resistor?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

krops cars

Went with fire core ignition coil and distributor. Also went with one wire alternator. Didn't want all the extra wires going no where.

krops cars

Also thank You for the information.

John_Kunkel

When using some aftermarket ignition systems, simply connect the brown (IGN2) and blue (IGN1) wire together for power in both Start and Run.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

krops cars

I'm a learnen. Thanks Appreciated.

NHCharger

Is this the Firecore RTR distributor?
I'm running them on both my big block Chargers.
If so I can walk you thru what you need to do. The first distributor I bought from firecore had pretty good instructions. If you bought this thru Summit their directions suck. I would have never figured out how to run the wiring if I hadn't bought my first one from Firecore direct.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

krops cars

Car is running just no spark during cranking. The guy at Fire Core I bought the distributor from was awesome. I was suppose to get my distributor that day. Did not show up. Figured I would call the guy next day. He called me at 7:00 that night. He apologized that he did not get it out and assured me that it would be going the next day. He also Thanked me for purchasing Fire Core. You know how many MSD ignitions I have put in. Not ever a Thanks. That made me feel good about the purchase. It is like they care about your project and their product.

krops cars

Brown wire was the ticket. Thanks