News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger prices

Started by charger_fan_4ever, August 15, 2018, 11:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

I know ive said this before over the years.

BUT really are #s match 440 cars bringing 70K plus ? i saw that here in canada asking prices for r/t 440 cars are now 80-95K restored. I figured as usual canada prices. Went to ebay to find this.

I dont have the original engine or trans from my 70 r/t. Fendertag is b5 with white interior and top buckets console auto. I bought black interior already a 4 speed swap and planning on no console long pistol grip.Sprayed one quarter panel Y1 as was planning yellow.

Actually considering now spraying it back B5 blue. But i wonder at this point if having the original color or not really matters $$ wise as the interior,transmission,upgraded to power front discs had manual drums,vinyl ect are not going to be factory coded.

I have no intentions to sell it, so probably continue as planned just thinking out loud.

375instroke

I see 383 cars asking that much.  Some examples in the Delusional thread for $70,000 to $95,000 for 383 4-speed cars.

bigdsul

That's eBay and a lot of those cars have been there a while. Just because they are asking that much doesn't mean they are getting it

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: bigdsul on August 15, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
That's eBay and a lot of those cars have been there a while. Just because they are asking that much doesn't mean they are getting it

For sure. I know up here in canada ive seen the big $$ ads disappear. Dont know if that means it sold, or they gave up. In the spring local to me guy had a 68 r/t that had a 80s quickie restore that was bubbling out and needed to be redone again. Sold it for over 50k cdn in very little time. Wasnt a #s match car either.

Mind you this day in age the price of parts, a car to start with and labour. I doubt you could farm one out to be redone and get out of it under $50k all in, so there is that too. I think as time moves on there are less and less of guys that are doing it themselves.

Oneofthesedays

Agree with earlier posts... I have watched ebay for months and these pop back up several times.   They don't seem to be selling... at least the ones I have followed.

triple_green

Check the completed auctions to see what they are really selling for, tells a slightly different story....
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bigdsul

I've seen cars sit for a year or more on eBay with crazy high prices. If I remember RKM had a couple cars in the 250k range that sat for over a year without a bite.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: triple_green on August 15, 2018, 07:29:53 PM
Check the completed auctions to see what they are really selling for, tells a slightly different story....

Plz do tell ? I didnt know you could search for completed.

timmycharger

when you are in Ebay, on the left hand side you can select Sold or Completed items. I think you may need to be a member for this option, but it looks like this...

charger_fan_4ever

Awesome thanks.

I will assume the buy it now "completed" were where someone clicked the buy it now or do expired buy it nows fall in there too ?

Does mecum have a completed sale list ? I wouldnt go buy barret jackson but mecum auctions seem real legit.

And as another member said big difference.

#s match 70 hemi was bit to 79k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger/253766484595?hash=item3b15a94273:g:OHcAAOSw519bUqQp&vxp=mtr

a sold driver 70 r/t for 35k

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-R-T-/332664458999?hash=item4d7458cef7%3Ag%3AM4gAAOSwvYha9bp4&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=merYBJcif%252BfYgdQDu6LGXCqU%252FwI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

triple_green

Completed lets you see the price it was bid up to.

Sold means it actually sold (for that price).
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Charger-Bodie

i just sold one for sub but not far south of 100k
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

F8-4life

Realistically they need a hemi or a wing to sell for caliber of pricing.
Plus your looking at dealer cars, and really who buys a classic charger from a dealer except for a guy that would overpay for a XS U code car just to have it by the weekend.

krops cars

I always like to watch ebay and see what I could not afford. Now there they even cost more.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 16, 2018, 09:58:06 AM

But Brian , your car was a quality piece and deserved that $$$ figure . Not to many come up for sale that we can say "wow" nice Charger . Some if not most of the Chargers we see for sale ,  we all here that have a good eye can usually catch some form of mistakes/noticeable imperfections  on them . :Twocents:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 17, 2018, 12:06:04 PM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 16, 2018, 09:58:06 AM

But Brian , your car was a quality piece and deserved that $$$ figure . Not to many come up for sale that we can say "wow" nice Charger . Some if not most of the Chargers we see for sale ,  we all here that have a good eye can usually catch some form of mistakes/noticeable imperfections  on them . :Twocents:

I hear ya. Thanks
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Challenger340

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 15, 2018, 11:08:40 AM
I know ive said this before over the years.

BUT really are #s match 440 cars bringing 70K plus ? i saw that here in canada asking prices for r/t 440 cars are now 80-95K restored.

I'm in Canada and I just got an Offer that is very difficult to refuse, so in my opinion Yes, I think the #'s matching Cars are still popular ?
Then again,
I think the fella who offered is more enamored with it being still Original in great shape,(NOT rebuilt/restored), and #'s Matching.
Only wimps wear Bowties !