News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger - Dash lights - LED Conversion questions

Started by rollo1504, August 21, 2018, 04:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollo1504

Hey folks!

As I am gathering information in the internet before I order parts for my dash lights led conversion I would like to ask if someone already did it and can provide some pictures.

I am very interested in seeing pictures with cold white led's AND the question to that would be "Is it really shown then as cold white? Because I have seen that all GI lamps are behind these weird light blue covers" Were the OE style illumination light blue?

My dash was completely broken so I have never seen it illuminated and I am a little bit confused how these light blue covers affect cold light leds?

Another question is the headlight indicator... Is it the one which is on the top center of the speedo?

Thanks for any inputs/pictures

Roland

ODZKing

I am eventually going to do this with mine so I'm interested to say what folks say  :popcrn:

WHITE AND RED 69

Can't help on the 3rd gen questions but this is how cool white bulbs look with the blue covers in a 2nd gen. Not fully blue but it does give it a light blue tint.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

rollo1504

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 22, 2018, 01:43:02 AM
Can't help on the 3rd gen questions but this is how cool white bulbs look with the blue covers in a 2nd gen. Not fully blue but it does give it a light blue tint.

Thanks for the pictures... It helps for sure.

rollo1504

@White and Red 69

Btw: What do the 4 gauges in the lower section of your center console show?

Just curious...

Thanks

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: rollo1504 on August 22, 2018, 07:33:51 AM
@White and Red 69

Btw: What do the 4 gauges in the lower section of your center console show?

Just curious...

Thanks

Oil pressure, oil temp, trans temp, and fuel pressure.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

rollo1504

Another question.

What is the operating DC of the instrument cluster LED's? 12V right? Or 6V due to the voltage limiter right behind the dash instrument?

I would have guessed that the voltage limiter behind the dash instrument which cuts 12V down to 6V are only used for the gauges right and NOT for the light bulbs? So I assume the light bulbs are powered with 12V

Can someone confirm me that please?

Thanks

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rollo1504

Would make sense as I could figure out to find LED's with operating dc around 6V is not as easy to find as 12V leds'