News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Bandit won't be down for burnouts...

Started by Ponch ®, September 06, 2018, 02:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

John_Kunkel

"My movies were the kind they show in prisons and airplanes, because nobody can leave." Burt Reynolds
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

He'll definitely be missed.  Don't know if Barrett Jackson can sell a 77 TA without him

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 06, 2018, 02:53:28 PM
"My movies were the kind they show in prisons and airplanes, because nobody can leave." Burt Reynolds

:lol:

Yeah, most were pretty bad yet entertaining and fun to watch. Except maybe "Cop and a Half".

He was pretty legit in Boogie Nights tho.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

timmycharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 07, 2018, 03:13:40 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on September 06, 2018, 02:53:28 PM

:lol:

Yeah, most were pretty bad yet entertaining and fun to watch. Except maybe "Cop and a Half".

He was pretty legit in Boogie Nights tho.

Good call, he was great in that movie  :yesnod: not as good as Heather Graham though  :drool5: :D

He wasn't a bad Boss Hogg either in the Dukes remake  :Twocents:

Mike DC

QuoteHe wasn't a bad Boss Hogg either in the Dukes remake

IMO he should have been playing Sheriff Roscoe.  

JB400

I agree.  Danny Devito would have made a better Hogg

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 07, 2018, 03:57:29 PM

That movie was a POS, aside from the Charger (and in-her-prime-Jessica Simpson) eye candy.

I can watch Smokey and the Bandit 1, Cannonball Run, Stroker Ace, etc over and over again...even though theyre not cinematic masterpieces by any means.

On the other hand, he was in some undisputed classics - Deliverance, The Longest Yard (lets only count the original) and Boogie Nights, which I already mentioned. Even Mystery, Alaska was pretty decent.  

Dino

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 07, 2018, 04:06:22 PM

That movie was a POS, aside from the Charger (and in-her-prime-Jessica Simpson) eye candy.

I can watch Smokey and the Bandit 1, Cannonball Run, Stroker Ace, etc over and over again...even though theyre not cinematic masterpieces by any means.

On the other hand, he was in some undisputed classics - Deliverance, The Longest Yard (lets only count the original) and Boogie Nights, which I already mentioned. Even Mystery, Alaska was pretty decent.  

Dang, I have yet to watch Boogie Nights, or Mystery Alaska now that you mentioned it. Agreed on the rest. Especially that doh crap.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dino on September 07, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

Dang, I have yet to watch Boogie Nights.

Heads up, its not one you watch with the kids. Or with your parents, for that matter.

Dino

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 07, 2018, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 07, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

Dang, I have yet to watch Boogie Nights.

Heads up, its not one you watch with the kids. Or with your parents, for that matter.

Thanks for the warning!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

He definitely didn't suit Boss Hogg, and the whole movie should have been called something other than the Dukes of Hazzard starring a different car altogether.

Auto Trader also should have done a Bandit commercial like the Dukes.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Kern Dog

Burt Reynolds....
He appeared to be frail for quite awhile. I don't remember his last movie where he turned in a good performance. The Boss Hogg character was changed too much from the TV show. His performance there was wooden and lifeless. The TV show had Boss and Rosco doing the comedy, not Bo and Luke. To me, the TV show had the right formula. I can't blame him entirely, the script may have called for exactly what he delivered.
His early work was good. I thought he was a solid performer that seemed to enjoy himself. Maybe he was hiding health issues that caused him to withdraw from the limelight.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

kokxville

Sad news.
When i was a kid i grew the dukes of hazzard, smokey and the bandit, hooper,cannonball run and his gator movies.
He was one of my child heroes.
This makes me realize how fast life goes. :'(
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Mike DC

He was a football player in school and then he did his own TV stunts before he hit big.  In the last few years he said some of the old injuries were really coming back to haunt him.        

It happens to everyone.  Not even The Bandit can outrun the reaper.

He seemed mentally sharp all the way to the end.  That's something to be very thankful for.  

Mytur Binsdirti

AKcharger