News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73' Charger 727 Transmission cooler line question?

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, October 15, 2018, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Well,
  I need advice. Replacing my 73 Charger 400 , 727 trans cooler lines.
Waiting on the fittings and have the new lines, exact fit so far.

It was a real PITA getting the old lines out. I think I did it wrong a pulled from the back of the car.

Any advice for install?  Should I try going from the front?
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

c00nhunterjoe

Sorry, dont have a 73, but ive never replaced lines on any vehicle that was easy.

Gold Rush

I replaced mine in my '74 and I expect they are identical. 

As I recall the power steering gearbox was still out and that may have been the reason it didn't seem that difficult.  The key is taking your time and not forcing them too much.  Try from front toward the back first and if they don't go easy then try from the rear.  I'd also suggest getting the car up on four sturdy jack stands.  Remove the front wheels (at least the driver side) to let in and bit more light.

Good Luck
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

BMOTOXSTAR

Thank you guys...wow this was a PITA !
Don't know how I got those lines to finally fit, through the front I went !
Thanks guys....yeah this was a shitty repair.  :eek2:

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 17, 2018, 07:18:52 PM
Sorry, dont have a 73, but ive never replaced lines on any vehicle that was easy.

Yeah..took me hrs...it was rough.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

Sorry arriving late.

Remove my old lines was easy, they were cut by previous owner on K frame area and replaced by hoses up to the radiator conectors LOL.

Got new repro pieces ( not SS ) and I can't recall really a headache trying to install them aside get the flexibility of the lines at the borderline. I can't even recall how I made it! LOL. Fitment was pretty much perfect thought!.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bronzedodge

Cover both ends before you start to install them.  You'll likely have to straighten out or finesse it a little once it is in place.
Mopar forever!

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah, what a job !

Amazed at how the direct fit Chinese aluminum radiator was a perfect fit.Even the fan shroud holes were spot on ! $170 shipped on E-Bay and runs cool like a dream now !
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

JHolslin