News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good Guy Nationals Autocross

Started by 68pplcharger, October 19, 2018, 12:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68pplcharger

A couple of photos from my first autocross event. Surprised to see my picture posted on Shutterfuel

challenger70

'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

68pplcharger

Thanks, I was very happy to see those pics and the quality. Especially excited to see how flat the car is going through a hard corner with that big block loaded with A/C and blower weight.

Lennard

Beautiful car. What do you have for front and rear suspension?

WHITE AND RED 69

Pictures look awesome! Now where's the gopro video so we can hear that baby?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

What size tires and wheels? What brand?

68pplcharger

Front and rear suspension is highly modded, to much to list. Definitely need a GoPro for future runs. Tire/wheel combo is 17x11 315-35 rear 17x9.5 275-45 front Goodyear supercar GSD3

Kern Dog

Thank you. The staggered tire sizes look great.

Lennard

Quote from: 68pplcharger on October 20, 2018, 08:54:01 PM
Front and rear suspension is highly modded, to much to list.
Very informative, thanks.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

Thanks Troy :2thumbs:

Edit: I didn't know that mounting a tubular upper control arm and bracing the factory lower control arm counted as "Highly modified" suspension.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,67718.25.html

This is a Charger with highly modified suspension:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DprPsueXkeI

WHITE AND RED 69

Come on now, in the Mopar world switching to radial tires is considered "highly modified".   :lol:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dual fours

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. That one with the blurry background is really neat, might have to re-wallpaper the computer screen. Opps, bad place for your co-pilot to hold on to the roll bar.  
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Kern Dog

Quote from: Lennard on October 21, 2018, 11:15:35 AM

Edit: I didn't know that mounting a tubular upper control arm and bracing the factory lower control arm counted as "Highly modified" suspension.

Hey, I've done that too but it doesn't take long to type it out.
I've also added frame connectors, torque boxes, welded up the seams in the K member, added gussets around the steering box...Just cheap and easy stuff I read about on these forums.

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 21, 2018, 11:31:58 PM

I've also added frame connectors, torque boxes, welded up the seams in the K member, added gussets around the steering box...Just cheap and easy stuff I read about on these forums.
I've done that too, and I have adjustable aluminum QA1 shocks, aluminum adjustable strut rods, hollow 1 3/8 sway bar, etc. But if a car still has the factory k frame, it's not highly modified in my opinion.

TiMopar

JR

I have to say, those SPC upper control arms are wonderful. I don't know why anyone would run something else, they make custom alignments a breeze.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

68pplcharger

Quote from: Lennard on October 22, 2018, 07:32:10 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 21, 2018, 11:31:58 PM

I've done that too, and I have adjustable aluminum QA1 shocks, aluminum adjustable strut rods, hollow 1 3/8 sway bar, etc. But if a car still has the factory k frame, it's not highly modified in my opinion.

Easier to state that way, bite me. Not interested in writing a book. should have pointed to the build, but was on my iphone. Also not all the mods are listed in the build. Yes it's slightly modified versus a full race suspension or radical change to tubular k member. You never know the audience on this site. Definitely easier to not share things here since someone is always a smartass trying to inhibit Camaraderie.

Stevearino

68pplcharger

Kern Dog

I'm not one to shy away from confrontation but in this case, I am being civil.
When I see "Too much to list", I think either there really IS too much or the writer is lazy. No offense to you by me on this one....I thought that this was some crazy custom job. Regardless, my "shortcut" description of my setup is modified stock based suspension and steering. The description is accurate without looking like I am bragging or exaggerating.
I was impressed with the stance, the pictures and the fact that you drive the car rather than sit next to it at car shows.
Don't have such a thin skin, man. Sometimes a simple misunderstanding leads to this sort of thing.

68pplcharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 23, 2018, 11:23:07 PM
I'm not one to shy away from confrontation but in this case, I am being civil.
When I see "Too much to list", I think either there really IS too much or the writer is lazy. No offense to you by me on this one....I thought that this was some crazy custom job. Regardless, my "shortcut" description of my setup is modified stock based suspension and steering. The description is accurate without looking like I am bragging or exaggerating.
I was impressed with the stance, the pictures and the fact that you drive the car rather than sit next to it at car shows.
Don't have such a thin skin, man. Sometimes a simple misunderstanding leads to this sort of thing.

Fair enough,  but the little details that was done to the chassis and suspension weren't mentioned in the build and would take a few paragraphs to cover. so maybe I am lazy when it comes to writing the details when trying to list quick responses from my iPhone. I don't think bolting on someone else's custom tubular k frame qualifies as highly modified either. Seems like a replacement aftermarket part at that point. it depends on the viewpoint I suppose. When the only thing left stock in the front and rear suspension is the lower control arms, torsion bars, and k frame.(all of which are modified stock or custom built) That seems highly modified to me, but I am probably wrong.