News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will 245 60 15's fit the front of a 69 Charger

Started by kevs1969daytona, October 27, 2018, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

anyone have any 245 60 15's on the front of a 69 charger.  Thanks seeing if they would rub ???????

c00nhunterjoe

I had them on 8.5 vector wheels. My front end sits level, not drooped like most guys run their torsion bars. Even sitting up, they hit the front lip of the fender on turns and the brace in the center over the wheel arch.

kevs1969daytona

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 27, 2018, 09:00:19 PM
I had them on 8.5 vector wheels. My front end sits level, not drooped like most guys run their torsion bars. Even sitting up, they hit the front lip of the fender on turns and the brace in the center over the wheel arch.

So was it still drivable (had to be cautious) or just not worth having them at all ?  Thanks.  (I have a lead on a brand new set for cheap, that's why I am asking)

Troy

If you're running 0 offset wheels (4 1/2" backspacing on 8" wheel for example), a 235/60-15 pretty much fits in all cases. A 245 is only 3/8" wider (3/16" inside and outside) depending on the brand. I don't think Vectors ever came in 0 offset (at least the reproductions didn't). I had 235/60-15 on mine with horrible 3 3/4" backspacing wheels (ie the tire was a full inch toward the outside of the car compared to "normal") and they didn't hit. That said, every car is slightly different, tire brands all vary from the "exact" dimensions, and the width of the wheel relative to tire changes the bulge in the sidewall.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

c00nhunterjoe

I trimmed the bottom lip of the fender and drove it with 0 rub issues. If you have them on the 7" versions that sit inboard, they would probably clear the fender but hit the swaybar/ frame on full turns.

richsteele

I run 15"x7" Cragars with 4.25" backspace and 245/60-15s on the front with no issues/rubbing.  Did a lot of research and poured over this thread http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63191.0.html before purchasing to make sure.

ikbrown

I'm running that exact size tire on the front of my Charger - just moved up from 235s and have no rubbing issues. My wheels are 15x8 w/ a 4" bs

Fred

Same here, I've got exactly the same set up and no issues .  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

XH29N0G

Didn't reply earlier because I don't have a 1969, but 15 x 7 with 4.25 backspace and 245 60 15 bfg T/A don't rub on my 1970.  Normal ride height. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

375instroke

'69 Charger, 245/60-15 BFGoodrich on 15x7 Magnum 500 with 4-1/4" backspace, car lowered, no rubbing.  275/60-15 on 15x8 rear, flipped front hangars, so about 1" lower, no rubbing.

Kern Dog

How about a 275-40-18 ? This is on 9 inch wide rims.

Kern Dog