News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulk head wiring, brake and wiper fluid

Started by AmadeusCharger500, December 14, 2018, 03:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmadeusCharger500

I am doing some custom wiring in 73 charger for a modern engine installation. I have a question about the washer fluid motor and brake sensor. The diagram tells me 3rd down on left is wiper washer motor, and bottom right is brake distribution block.
Is this correct same for all 71 to 74 set up? and if so, what is the brown wire from the bulk head light harness? (separate harness not shown in this diagram)

AmadeusCharger500

2nd part of question. What is this wire? This is part of why I am asking the previous question. It is tied in with the light harness bulk connector which I bought new.

TexasGeneral

Nacho-RT74

I made that diagram LOOOONG TIME when I was begining on this. some stuff could or not be exact to the year. Several changes were made on bulkhead disposition allong the 4 years and I could be making a mistake on some. As far I recal is that 73... right ?

Only three brown wires on engine bay harness are, one of the wiper motor harness ignition 2 to Ballast and wiper washer motor. The wiper washer and the brake dist block are some of the ones were turned around between forward lighting and engine bay. Starter relay Ign trigger too. If you got the brown harness to washer, then go for it there.

The brake sensor wire got two plugs actually. One to conect straight to the dist block, and the a splice like the one you show, that as far I know it was just hanging around intended for light warning testing on cluster

Also Tach was actually by 72 and 73 run throught the firewall with a grommet, so my bad there ( too ).
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html