News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hideaways wont close

Started by euroZ06, December 22, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hi all,

They used to work perfect, until they didnt. They open just fine, all the lines seem to be intact. I can lover them manually, and when i do it seems like there is some locking mechanism that doesnt relase, so i have to apply a bit of pressure to have it release.

Both headlights do it. Local shop doesnt know what could be wrong.

Thank you!
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

70 sublime

Sounds like you have a leak someplace in half the system
Maybe the valve on the head light switch ?

I believe there is a little latch type thing in the door that it bumps over when they fully open to help keep them open
I do not have my vacuum lines all hooked up yet on my 69 Charger but I have been opening the doors manually and can feel the bump you speak of on mine 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

c00nhunterjoe

There is a spring tab that they rest against. You can visibly see it when looking down behind the doors. That is the bump you feel. Its a simple system. Check for vaccum at the t junction and trace back to the headlight switch.

euroZ06

Back N Black

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 24, 2018, 09:27:47 AM
There is a spring tab that they rest against. You can visibly see it when looking down behind the doors. That is the bump you feel. Its a simple system. Check for vaccum at the t junction and trace back to the headlight switch.

The spring tab was 69 only, the 68 had a magnet in the vacuum pod to hold the doors open. Not sure the year of euroZ06 charger.

euroZ06

Quote from: Back N Black on January 17, 2019, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 24, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

The spring tab was 69 only, the 68 had a magnet in the vacuum pod to hold the doors open. Not sure the year of euroZ06 charger.

It is a 68.

timmycharger

Sounds familiar to what my headlight doors were doing after putting it all back together. Ended up being spider webs or some sort of bug stuff in the lines.  Put some compressed air from the switch side, heard a pop and then hissing and then all fixed!  

Good luck

375instroke