News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got T-boned in my survivor 69 Charger while doing 55mph today

Started by 70B5Cuda, December 24, 2018, 11:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpd659

I'm sorry about your car. This just makes me sick to see this happen.  I'm glad you are ok. I'm not sure I would have been able to control myself at the scene.   There are a lot of people that shouldn't be on the road driving

Russ

hemi-hampton

Wow, That's a real bummer. glad your OK. I was in a similar situation twice so I know it can be devastating. It's easy to buy a Charger if you got the funds but not so easy to find/Buy another survivor car. LEON.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: mpd659 on December 25, 2018, 01:38:06 PM
I'm sorry about your car. This just makes me sick to see this happen.  I'm glad you are ok. I'm not sure I would have been able to control myself at the scene.   There are a lot of people that shouldn't be on the road driving

Russ

X2.

paironines

Very tough to look at. It seems like we are seeing a classic Charger in an accident once or twice a year now. It'll look better once the doghouse come off.

TruckDriver

Wow, that sucks  :'( But most importantly you are okay. It is just a car, but I hope the car can be rebuilt.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Pat1973charger

Wow! Glad you are ok! As others have said a car can be repaired right replaced. I'd say the charger gave you the ultimate Christmas gift, that being it's "survivor" status.

Back N Black

Wow, that's why I'm get a little paranoid driving on the highway. Good to see you made it out alive.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

ACUDANUT

Did you have a shoulder belt on ?  I think they had both lap and shoulder belts in 68 and up ?  :scratchchin:

charger Downunder

Glad your OK, I just hate seeing  the pics makes me feel sick.
[/quote]

Mytur Binsdirti

What a shame, but at least you are here to talk about it. Had you been hit in the driver's door, the outcome would have been a lot different. I home that you had it insured for a stated value.

Willomet_Motor_and_Fab

Glad to hear that you're well and I hope you enjoyed a fine Christmas with your family. As you said, and it's similar to a phrase I was raised believing - "it's just a car."

David

odcics2

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 26, 2018, 07:40:36 AM
What a shame, but at least you are here to talk about it. Had you been hit in the driver's door, the outcome would have been a lot different. I hope that you had it insured for a stated value.

X2

And the spin scrubbed off the power of the impact, so when it got ditched, it didn't flip. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

67440chrg

TPR

Terrible to see.  :'(
Think of it as good luck rather than bad. A few inches closer to your door would have been a lot worse.
I hope you gave your wife and kids a hug when you got home.
All the best with the rebuild if that's what you plan to do.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

HANDM

Well that just sucks!

As I'm looking at the carnage, the passenger side front picture in particular, I'm wondering why the bumper bracket isn't/ wasn't attached to the fender?? You can clearly see the bumper bolt is there but no telltale ripping out on the fender itself?

Previous work done? Bumper or fender replaced? Or just dumb luck that the bracket/ bumper/ fender/ seperated clean?

Glad you are allright  :2thumbs:

marshallfry01

Are you going to get your charger fixed or is it tweaked up too much?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

70B5Cuda

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

To answer the bolt question, the bolt ripped cleanly out of the fender. Pretty odd.

I need to see how the other guy's insurance treats me and I'm going through some things right now as a result of the crash so please offer up some prayers for me. It's been a tough week....I'll share more in a bit.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

69rtse4spd

WOW, prayers & best wishes to you & your family. As said before a few more inches & it would have been into the door. My brother hit a telephone pole in his R/T many, many years ago doing 30 mph, dead center of the drivers door. V-ed the door almost to the center of the steering wheel. The doctor said the only thing that saved his life was, he didn't have his seat belt on. Keep us in formed on the progress, & good luck. Tell the family you love them each day, life is to short.

1970Moparmann

Sorry to hear this.  Glad you are okay!   

People drive like ass clowns now a days.  Everyone is in a rush to go no where fast.   Just terrible...
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BLK 68 R/T

Wow! that totally sucks! Best wishes and hope all turns out okay for you.

garywi

bull

Yikes! That's a real bummer. :P Glad you survived relatively unscathed, it could have easily gone the other way by the looks of it. :o

That bolt thing has me wondering. I tried to avoid using any Chinese fasteners that came with some reproduction bracket kits but instead used refinished original stuff and new stainless steel fasteners when I could. Just makes me wonder if some of these 50-year-old bolts have gotten weak.

70B5Cuda

[quote Just makes me wonder if some of these 50-year-old bolts have gotten weak.
[/quote]

It wasn't the bolt that failed. The bolt ripped right through the sheet metal eyelet located on the leading edge of the fender.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60