News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking For An Original Super Stock Mag From April 1968 Feat. Dick Landy

Started by TPR, December 28, 2018, 01:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Anybody know where I might find one?
I've tried all my usual sellers of this kind of stuff on eBay.
Pic attached.
Cheers,
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

timmycharger

I would just keep checking Ebay, they come up time to time. I did a quick search in the completed auctions and saw one in November that went for about 10 dollars.  That is how I got mine, just kept checking and eventually I found one.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Swap meets used to be good but everybody cut their old magazines up to sell the individual pages on ebay.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ghoste on January 07, 2019, 07:20:03 AM
Swap meets used to be good but everybody cut their old magazines up to sell the individual pages on ebay.

Not everybody, as I still have my collection of them fairly intact.  Unfortunately, I do not have a spare issue of the one mentioned by the OP...

The funny thing is that now there are collector grading places that are starting to slab magazines, just like they do coins, comic books and baseball cards.  Kinda ruins the ability to read them though...

http://www.cgcmagazines.com/

I have a few car related magazines from the 1960s that I need to send in to have this done.  One of them is issue #1 of Stock Car Racing magazine from 1966....

Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

TPR

Thanks for the input guys;

Timmy - I can't believe I missed that auction last November, and it was a steal at only $10. I have now set up a 'saved search' on eBay to hopefully make sure I don't miss one again.
CDR - Great idea, I will try the Facebook route also.
Ghoste - Swap meets in my country won't have anything like this. Unfortunately, most people here wouldn't have a clue who Dick Landy was.
Tan Top - I bought that book last year. It has a lot of rare pics I'd never seen before, but I was kinda disappointed with the size of them. Lots of small, almost thumbnail sized pics that didn't really show his cars off. I would have liked to see some double page spreads.

Anyway, I'll keep hunting.
Cheers,
TPR
www.tr440.com

TPR

Timmy or Chad, does this mag contain a double page spread of Landy's '68 in flight?
Is that the image you have on your garage wall Timmy?
Thanks,
TPR
www.tr440.com

timmycharger

Hey there, I'm at work right now and can't confirm what is in the magazine but I know it is not that image I have in my garage, I have yet to see that one anywhere else. Here is a pic of it for those curious and maybe have seen it before? sorry for the poor quality, I just captured it from another picture.

Speaking of Landy, not sure if you have seen one as well, I picked this one up years ago and has some nice shots.

TPR

Hey Timmy, thanks for letting me know that the pic on your wall is not within that mag. I was very much hoping it was.
I would still like to get my hands on that mag though.

The picture on your wall is intriguing. I too have never seen it anywhere else but on your wall!

I discovered that Hot Rod Pictorial mag online just recently while looking for the Super Stock mag.
It has a great double page spread of his '68. I have been waiting for a seller to agree to ship to Australia and I think I have found one, so I'll have it soon.
Cheers,
TPR
www.tr440.com

timmycharger

No problem.  I am going to take a look at that picture and see if it is something I can scan and get a good digital copy of. I bought it so many years ago, I doubt it is the original anyway.

If you are unable to find a copy of the superstock mag or if the seller wont ship the Hot Rod one to you, let me know, I may just sell them both to you and have no problem sending overseas.

TPR

I have managed to secure the Hot Rod Pictorial mag from an eBay seller willing to ship to Australia.
Hopefully I will have it in my hands soon.

I am now also looking for this Popular Hot Rodding mag from 1969, but I'm keen to know whats in it:
TPR
www.tr440.com

timmycharger

Great to hear!  Love the cover of that Popular Hot Rodding mag!!

FYI, here is what is in the Super Stock mag...

TPR

Thanks for showing me whats inside the Super Stock mag Timmy.
Even though it doesn't contain the image on your wall, I'd still like to get one. That cover is a great shot.
Keep yours, Timmy, I'll find one eventually.
TPR
www.tr440.com

UFO

The inside of PHR.

6bblgt

TPR

Thanks UFO!
Nice suit there 6bblgt, how did you get your hands on that?
:2thumbs:
TPR
www.tr440.com

TPR

I just received a copy of Super Stock and Hot Rod Pictorial, both in great condition for reasonable $$$.
Thanks guys,
TPR
www.tr440.com