News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger seat restore ?

Started by 68ChargerJMP, January 01, 2019, 02:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

On the front seats...what is the trick to releasing the little chrome "recline" button from the lever? Thank you.

Lennard

68ChargerJMP

Lennard

68ChargerJMP

Does anyone have a diagram of how the hardware arrangement goes for the front seat frame halves. I took one apart and it didn't have any washers under the bolts, just the fiber type washers for the hinge pivots. The other seat was missing a bolt but it had all the fiber washers and just one metal/rubber washer under one of the bolts. I'm not sure if having that metal/rubber washer is even correct. Obviously, I took it apart at one time but it's been so long ago I dont have a clue. Thanks in advance guys.

Lennard

You just need the shoulder bolt and a large plastic washer at each hinge point.

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: Lennard on January 09, 2019, 11:07:57 AM
You just need the shoulder bolt and a large plastic washer at each hinge point.

Ok. I wonder what the big metal/rubber washer could have been for? Oh well....Thanks Lennard.

Lennard

Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on January 09, 2019, 03:09:54 PM

Ok. I wonder what the big metal/rubber washer could have been for? Oh well....Thanks Lennard.
Can you post a picture of it?

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: Lennard on January 09, 2019, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: 68ChargerJMP on January 09, 2019, 03:09:54 PM

Can you post a picture of it?

Here is a pic of the washer.

Lennard

Well, all I can tell you is that I've taken apart my '68 and '69 Charger seats... and didn't come across any washers like that.

timmycharger

Boy I feel like I have seen those before during my 68 restoration.  Lennard, are you sure those are not the ones that go in between the upper and lower portions of the seat?  I picture mine as being gold cadmium with the rubber coating on it but I can't remember where I used it. 

Are they for the seat belts maybe? (retractor part)

Lennard

I'm 100% sure that the two pairs of second generation Charger seats that I have taken apart and restored, only had the thin plastic washer at the hinge points and didn't have that kind of washer anywhere.  But I'm not an expert by any means.