News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you like to "collect"?

Started by b5blue, January 07, 2019, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I've a small pile of Sci-Fy related DVDs and stuff. What calls out for you to acquire? 

nvrbdn

I collect antique toys. When I say that, it includes toys through the 80's and newer for the star wars stuff. But all metal toys, cars, planes etc. Plus space toys, Gi joes, slot car sets, train sets. Yep, I am hooked.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

LUMI

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

I have a collection of war hammers and  battle axes and maces 

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

garner7555

I struggle daily to collect my thoughts.    :smilielol:      I stay so busy now that I can't remember anything it seems.    :eek2:     :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

John_Kunkel

By all accounts I collect "junk". Oh, and guns...got over 50 of 'em.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chad L. Magee

OK, but you will be exposed to my nerdism.  Here are a few that I have insured in locked storage for obvious reasons:

Generation 1 Transformer Toys (including 2 Optimus Primes, Star Scream, Soundwave and Reflector, including a few die cast versions before they switched over to plastic)
Video Gaming Systems and Games (from 1978 to 2010, Odyssey 2 to Wii and all systems in between)
Vintage Arcade Video Games (1978 ed. Space Invaders full cabinet, 1982 ed. Asteroids Deluxe table cabinet, 1976 ed. table game cabinet)
Monopoly Games (50+, including several odd 1935 editions, a well-played 50th ed. and an unopened gold foil 60th anniversary ed.)
Antiques (all types)
Vintage comic books (oldest is from 1906, also have a 1917 Katzenjammer Kids coloring book)
Rare books (including a 1912 copy of Aeroplane Designing for Amateurs by Victor Lougheed and a seldom found 1st ed. of Poisons and Poisoners from 1931)
Oil Paintings
Chinese porcelain
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: polywideblock on January 08, 2019, 03:59:33 AM
I have a collection of war hammers and  battle axes and maces 

I have an original Dane axe that I bought at an estate sale for the grand total of $1.  The old lady's family had brought it over from the old country and she did not have any heirs to pass it on down to.  As soon as I saw it, I knew what it was.  Everyone there made fun of me as they thought is was an odd looking, long-handled Tomahawk that I bought.  If they only knew...

timmycharger

Some cool stuff here guys!

I too collect vintage gaming systems, have about 30 working consoles currently..

HO slot cars

1980's up Hobby grade radio control cars and trucks

die cast cars, 1980s Burago F1,  1:18 Mopars..

Vintage Hockey (goalie equipment)

Ponch ®

die casts (me and every other guy here); books (yes, that's a thing); LA Kings memorabilia/jerseys, etc; and im slowly building up a guitar collection (I have like 10 now, pretty sure that qualifies as a collection)
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Alaskan_TA

1970 model year Mopar 4-doors.

I have 4 so far & I am hoping to add another one to the collection this year.........

b5blue

Great stuff guys, wide field of interests!  :2thumbs: 

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

RallyeMike

This is kind of an interesting topic. At first I did not consider myself a "collector" other than Mopars, but on second thought, I am:

T-shirts: I keep all my event T-shirts but don't really wear them. The oldest one is from a George Throroughgood concert in 1984. I had older ones but I used to wear them before I just started just putting them away. It's starting to take up too much space.

LPs: Its been 20+ years since I added anything. Most of it is rock and blues from the 60s and 70s. I cut it in half to about 200 LPs a decade ago keeping mostly stuff that you can't find in other media. Want to listen to Dave Mason, Johnny Winter, or every Steppenwolf album? I got it.

22LR: Through various circumstance I have have a lot. I didn't try to collect it – it just happened.

Empty Hot Sauce Bottles: My pal makes his own incredible hot sauce. It's a 7-pepper blend including the Carolina Reaper. He grows all the peppers and it's the perfect blend of hot and taste (for me). I'm lining up the bottles as I finish them off.

State and National Park Commemorative Quarters: About a grand worth so far. 

Papercraft Paper Cars: A guy sells these on eBay. They are TV and movie cars printed on paper that you fold and glue together. I only get the ones that also come with the stand-up paper TV/Movie figure related to the car. Mannix, Kojack, Kowalski, Blues Bros, Dukes, Crazy Larry, the Bandit, Rockford, Starskey & Hutch, etc.  It's cheap, rainy day fun.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

draftingmonkey

Budweiser Holiday Steins - 1980-present
Vintage audio gear - have racks/stacks of amps/pre-amps/receivers/tuners/tape decks/reel-to-reels/turntables/cd player-recorders and stacks of speakers
Audio media - ~10K vinyl albums (including classic 78 rpm discs that have a dedicated TT)reels/cassettes and 8-tracks
Books - mostly paperbacks due to space needed to store.
Really need to sit down and finish my inventory of books and albums. Get tired of buying something I forgot I had.

Back N Black

I collect old gas pumps,
traffic lights,
old refrigerators,
old pedal cars,
lots of die cast cars,
old oil and fuel cans,
Old outboard motors,
neon signs and
parking meters.
Also have a 1947 Schwinn Whizzer and Other misc. stuff like old outdoor movie theatre speakers.

TPR

Diecast Cars in all scales - of Chargers
Slot Cars - of Chargers
Model Kits - of Chargers
Vintage car ads & brochures - of Chargers
You get the idea!
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

b5blue

Lots of cool stuff! I can see why you'd bring it home.  :2thumbs:

69CoronetRT

No surprise....

Mad comics and magazines. I have 1-323. I stopped buying them off the rack the year Gaines died so my newest is 1993.
I have the More Trash, Folllies, and Worst from Mad from 50s and 60s as well as the specials from 70-93 with inserts.

I'm now upgrading the collection to F to NM.
I dabble in the sister publication Panic.

I also have the reprints do the classic EC comics (tales from the crypt, weird science, shock suspense, etc).

What? Me worry?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

dual fours

I do not think of myself as a collector of any one or two, five or ten like items. My mood changes so I swing back and forth with stuff. Depending on the swing I will buy vintage ammo then maybe a tall clock then maybe a British .303 Lee Enfield mk5 Jungle Carbine. An old milk bottle then swing back to a Civil War Confederate .36 cal. pistol. Old hard and soft back books, comic books. HO slot cars and HO trains and stuff from real railroads, post cards and slides. Carbide and kerosene mineworker lanterns (the kind they wore on their hats), oh and carbide cannons. Collecting junk at the right price is fun.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

69wannabe

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 08, 2019, 01:37:52 PM
OK, but you will be exposed to my nerdism.  Here are a few that I have insured in locked storage for obvious reasons:

Generation 1 Transformer Toys (including 2 Optimus Primes, Star Scream, Soundwave and Reflector, including a few die cast versions before they switched over to plastic)
Video Gaming Systems and Games (from 1978 to 2010, Odyssey 2 to Wii and all systems in between)
Vintage Arcade Video Games (1978 ed. Space Invaders full cabinet, 1982 ed. Asteroids Deluxe table cabinet, 1976 ed. table game cabinet)
Monopoly Games (50+, including several odd 1935 editions, a well-played 50th ed. and an unopened gold foil 60th anniversary ed.)
Antiques (all types)
Vintage comic books (oldest is from 1906, also have a 1917 Katzenjammer Kids coloring book)
Rare books (including a 1912 copy of Aeroplane Designing for Amateurs by Victor Lougheed and a seldom found 1st ed. of Poisons and Poisoners from 1931)
Oil Paintings
Chinese porcelain

That's awesome!!!! I am a dukes of hazzard fan and have a good bit of the original 80's dukes toys and merchandise and then moved up to He Man and masters of the universe and have some loose figures and a nice castle greyskull. Got alot of G1 transformers, some original and some re-issues and alot of the movie 07 and up transformers. Optimus Prime is a favorite and I have several different versions from the 20th anniversary edition to all the other recent releases. Also have an original NES and a PS1 and a PS2. Love my childhood toys, haven't grown up yet!!!!

alfaitalia

Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 69wannabe on January 11, 2019, 10:04:17 PM

That's awesome!!!! I am a dukes of hazzard fan and have a good bit of the original 80's dukes toys and merchandise and then moved up to He Man and masters of the universe and have some loose figures and a nice castle greyskull. Got alot of G1 transformers, some original and some re-issues and alot of the movie 07 and up transformers. Optimus Prime is a favorite and I have several different versions from the 20th anniversary edition to all the other recent releases. Also have an original NES and a PS1 and a PS2. Love my childhood toys, haven't grown up yet!!!!

Off the top of my head, here is the list of the video game systems that I own.  I know that I will miss a few obscure ones, as I put them away years ago in storage.  I am still hunting an Odyssey 1 for my collection, but the one that I did find was just too incomplete for the price ($200).  I typically play on a PS2 system as I have almost 400 different games for it.

Consoles:
Odyssey 2 (in box)
Atari 2600 (5)
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Commodore 64
Colecovision
Intellivision
NES (5, 1 in box)
SNES
Sega Genesis (3, 1 in box)
Nintendo 64 (4, 1 in box)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube (9, 1 in box)
Xbox (6)
Sony PS1 (15, 1 in box)
Sony PS2 (9, 1 in box)
Nintendo Wii (3)

Handheld:
Gameboy (2)
Gameboy Advance (5)
Gameboy Color (2)
Gameboy DS

Most of my systems were picked up at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets.  Rather than buying full retail, I wait until they go out of style and get them on the cheap.  I got 2 of my NES, 2 Atari 2600s and the Atari 7800 after someone threw them away and I spotted them on the side of the road in their trash.  Talk about hitting a gold mine.  I asked the owner about them and they said "You can have them as we do not want them anymore.".  I also got 200+ games for them thrown in, all for free...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on January 14, 2019, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on January 11, 2019, 10:04:17 PM

Off the top of my head, here is the list of the video game systems that I own.  I know that I will miss a few obscure ones, as I put them away years ago in storage.  I am still hunting an Odyssey 1 for my collection, but the one that I did find was just too incomplete for the price ($200).  I typically play on a PS2 system as I have almost 400 different games for it.

Consoles:
Odyssey 2 (in box)
Atari 2600 (5)
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Commodore 64
Colecovision
Intellivision
NES (5, 1 in box)
SNES
Sega Genesis (3, 1 in box)
Nintendo 64 (4, 1 in box)
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube (9, 1 in box)
Xbox (6)
Sony PS1 (15, 1 in box)
Sony PS2 (9, 1 in box)
Nintendo Wii (3)

Handheld:
Gameboy (2)
Gameboy Advance (5)
Gameboy Color (2)
Gameboy DS

Most of my systems were picked up at garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets.  Rather than buying full retail, I wait until they go out of style and get them on the cheap.  I got 2 of my NES, 2 Atari 2600s and the Atari 7800 after someone threw them away and I spotted them on the side of the road in their trash.  Talk about hitting a gold mine.  I asked the owner about them and they said "You can have them as we do not want them anymore.".  I also got 200+ games for them thrown in, all for free...

Damn, thats impressive. how often do you randomly take one out of storage for a session?

I'll always have a soft spot for the 7800. It was my first console when I was like 8. Odd console to have, because it wasnt the "old" 2600 or 5200 (even though it was backwards compatible with the cartridges), but the NES was already out by then, so I was behind the curve. Took another year or so of begging, doing chores, washing relatives' cars, and so on til i finally had enough money (and goodwill from my mom to put in the rest) to get the NES.