News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter window inside felt (whisker) installation

Started by green69rt, February 11, 2019, 05:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I have read several threads on here and at FBBO but didn't see how to put these things on so it suited me.  Maybe some of you guys know this but I couldn't find this info anywhere. 

So here's what I tried.

Pic #1  One thread said to drill down thru the felt and the metal of the upper rear pad and put staples in and crimp them over.  OK, I did and this is what it looked like.  I didn't like it at all.  Plus it looks like the staples may scratch the glass if I didn't get them in just right.

Pic #2 shows what I did.  The felt is made up of two layers that are glued together.  You can pry them apart if you are gentle and take your time.  Now I can get inside the felt, drill thru just one layer, install the staples.

Pic #3 Now I can just glue the top layer of felt back down and staples hidden, no scratching of the glass and I'm happy.

Pic #4  Just went to Lowes and got some Loctite glue.  I applied it a little dab at a time with a toothpick.

I still need to go back and pull those four staples that show but that's not a big deal.

Nacho-RT74

On my car the original WS got small cut outs on one side I guess to insert the stapler from inside of the WS "tube"
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

green69rt

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 11, 2019, 09:02:26 PM
On my car the original WS got small cut outs on one side I guess to insert the stapler from inside of the WS "tube"

Yeah, seems that the construction has changed over the years.