News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B5 Blue

Started by JMF, March 21, 2019, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Does anyone know what codes I need to give my painter for B5 blue ? I assume just telling him B5 blue is not enough ?

Many thanks

timmycharger

That may be enough? It may depend on where he goes to have the paint mixed, does he do it in house or a paint shop? When I had my Charger painted B7 blue, I just told the paint shop guy this and he punched it up in his computer and mixed me up a batch of PPG.  Your painter may have a preference of what brand he uses and I learned that 2 paint manufacturer's formula for B7 are not the same since I had some of my car (jambs/trunk/engine bay) done with PPG, and the outside of the car done with Diamont brand and the shades are different.

I'm sure others will chime in as well..

hemi-hampton

For some reason most people leave off the first letter. Most Mopar paint codes have 3 digits, not 2. You have 2 different B5 blues. a EB5 Blue & a GB5 Blue. these are 2 different colors. Make sure you tell him the right one. If you wanta know which one is right ask me. LEON.

stripedelete

Which one is  right?

b5blue

Year and code, 1970 B5-Blue

CDN72SE

I told him GB5 1971 for my 72 Charger, gave him one of those PPG charts off eBay.
1972 Charger SE

hemi-hampton

ACUDANUT

Is Petty Blue the same thing ?

Daytona R/T SE

hemi-hampton

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 22, 2019, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on March 21, 2019, 09:04:49 PM
Which one is  right?

Depends on what JMF has? LEON.

Odd, Original Poster ask a question & never returns to respond? :scratchchin: :shruggy:

aifilaw

I told my painter B5 Blue metallic... he showed 5 different ones. Then he made a sample and sprayed me 5 different cards. i chose the darkest variant. It was veyr expensive and a nightmare to make because of all the pearl apparently.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Birdflu

We had two Challengers one time, a '70 and a '71, both considered B5 blue. The 1970 was EB5 while the 1971 was GB5. The '71 color is definitely darker then the previous year color. Either way...gotta love B5 blue!  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Quote from: aifilaw on March 27, 2019, 01:59:13 PM
I told my painter B5 Blue metallic... he showed 5 different ones. Then he made a sample and sprayed me 5 different cards. i chose the darkest variant. It was veyr expensive and a nightmare to make because of all the pearl apparently.

There is no Pearl in B5 blue also known as EB5 or GB5 Blue. Just metallic. LEON.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: aifilaw on March 27, 2019, 01:59:13 PM

Did you tell your painter the year as the new PB5 is very similer to the old color  but the pearl changes everything in the light.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi-hampton

SO, Is he painting a old car or a new car or using newer paint on older car? Original poster never said & was very Vague :shruggy: Wonder why he's never responded back after making original post :shruggy: