News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Scrap cars

Started by 70 sublime, April 05, 2019, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Birdflu

Won't be long until places like that are mere memories among us car guys... :'(

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 70 sublime on April 05, 2019, 10:00:45 AM
Do not watch if you are into Mustangs  :icon_smile_tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEtPUmVsx6Q

Fortunately it was mostly a lot of junk that had sat for just TOO long, we have a few yards like that around here, the owners never wanted to sell cars or parts for decades, now because of EPA/DEM, taxes, fines, etc, now they all want a Kings ransom for their rotted "classic" junk that's basically worthless after decades of sitting...

F8-4life

Seeing that edsel get dragged out was neat.

Kern Dog

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 06, 2019, 06:25:32 PM

Fortunately it was mostly a lot of junk that had sat for just TOO long, we have a few yards like that around here, the owners never wanted to sell cars or parts for decades, now because of EPA/DEM, taxes, fines, etc, now they all want a Kings ransom for their rotted "classic" junk that's basically worthless after decades of sitting...

Old guys like that need a kick to the dick.

70 sublime

One thing I noticed about the video that was nice was when you paused it all the stopped video was clear just like a picture and was nice to see what you were looking at  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

No doubt that the property value went up with all that crap cleaned out.

r4daytona

There is a place by me that I use to see from the NYS Thruway that I estimated had 30 mopars in a field. (you could see them for sure) I finally figured out where the place was and tried to contact the people.  This was 25 years ago!- Never a return call.  Then about 10 years ago I got tipped off that the lady worked for one of the local towns and I just happened to be at that town hall and asked her.  Total denial !  "I don't know what your talking about". That was 10 years ago.  Finally about 3 years ago i run in to her in the bank parking lot and she says " want to buy a 68 coronet RT?"  I said " I knew it"  she said she wasn't in a rush and was worried people would bug her and steal stuff.  But she said since I didn't bug the crap out of her i would get first shot.  She said she had a 69 RR she sold, a 71 superbee she sold - which kind of pissed me off since i didn't bug the shit out of her about the cars.  Well, she wanted 10K for the 68 but it needed a total resto. ( not financially sensible)  She said she has others but since her husband passed away she doesn't care if they rot into the ground.  I said "don't you think your husband would be happier seeing some of them restored?"  she said it didn't matter and that she could let her daughter deal with it!  UGH !!   By the way, she said she still has about 25 just sitting in the rain and snow!  So stupid.

timmycharger

Ugh!! these stories about owners who would rather see the cars rot to the ground vs. selling for a reasonable price just kills me!!!  :flame:

sorry off topic but It's not even just cars, people are delusional a holes regardless of what they have or want to sell... one of my other hobbies is collecting/restoring vintage hobby grade RC cars, this guy on Ebay has a few hard to find things I need that would only fetch about 20 bucks by themselves but he has them with a huge lot going for like $250.. this is on his EBAY ad.. what a Dbag..

MAKE OFFER AS I WANT THESE GONE BUT DONT BE STUPID I WILL BURN THEM BEFORE I GIVE THEM AWAY OR ILL GIVE THEM TO SOME KIDS THAT WILL JUST RUN THEM NOT CARING WHAT THEY ARE. SOME OF THESE ARE VERY HARD TO FIND AND IF YOU RESTORE OLD LOSI RCs YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I made an offer which he declined LOL... oh well..

r4daytona

Yeah, thats stupid.  Thats like saying  " I'll show YOU, I'll ruin them and throw them out and won't make any money for myself - that'll teach you"

ralley72

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 06, 2019, 09:45:03 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 06, 2019, 06:25:32 PM

Old guys like that need a kick to the dick.
Once again, you post something that should not have been  posted. The owner of those cars tried for over a year to sell the cars, a bunch of the Mustangs and VW's were sold. Most were beyond repair or even partible. I was able to pull some parts from a 72 Satellite and a 64 Polara. The owner is a very nice, young and personable person who did everything he could do to save what was possible.

Mike

1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

odcics2

The Cat operator is talented.

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?