News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My long lost original engine ?

Started by 440, May 06, 2019, 08:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrong spot for this but since I can't reply in the for sale forum.

This could be the original engine from my car. Thanks to "FastbackJon" and the Charger Registry. Thanks Chris for the email. Unfortunately I dont check my emails often enough so I assume it has been sold. Anyone have a copy of the ad or know where it has gone?

Maybe someone here bought it?

"Not my engine, I just saw this for sale locally. Maybe you happen to have the car?

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/spokane-chrysler-dodge-440-factory-hp/6859310415.html

Chrysler Dodge 440 Factory HP Block, crank and rods - $1575 (Spokane Valley)

Excellent Factory original 440 High performance block. .030 bore Standard steel crankshaft and connecting rods. Block is cleaned and magnifluxed good.

Stamped E440 date: 9-21 HP
Serial # XS29L9G162495
Casting date: 8/14/68 Casting # 253643010
Kirk - (509) 926-1555

Report to moderator    Logged"

Thanks.

INTMD8

Quote from: 440 on May 06, 2019, 08:24:35 AM
Wrong spot for this but since I can't reply in the for sale forum.

This could be the original engine from my car. Thanks to "FastbackJon" and the Charger Registry. Thanks Chris for the email. Unfortunately I dont check my emails often enough so I assume it has been sold. Anyone have a copy of the ad or know where it has gone?

Maybe someone here bought it?

"Not my engine, I just saw this for sale locally. Maybe you happen to have the car?

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/spokane-chrysler-dodge-440-factory-hp/6859310415.html

Chrysler Dodge 440 Factory HP Block, crank and rods - $1575 (Spokane Valley)

Excellent Factory original 440 High performance block. .030 bore Standard steel crankshaft and connecting rods. Block is cleaned and magnifluxed good.

Stamped E440 date: 9-21 HP
Serial # XS29L9G162495
Casting date: 8/14/68 Casting # 253643010
Kirk - (509) 926-1555

Report to moderator    Logged"

Thanks.

Did you try calling the phone number?
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

I double checked and It is the original block for my car. I found this that looks like it was posted 9 days ago so maybe he still has it.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/spokane-chrysler-dodge-440-factory-hp/6876219749.html

I have not called the number yet as I'm in Australia which makes things interesting.

I wonder how often original cars/engines are found that still exist?.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Its about time you read that email!  Glad to see you still have the car.  Good luck getting the original engine back.  One in a million shot...go for it!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargervert

If I were you,I would just buy the engine,and not let on that you have the car until the deal is done,and the engine is in your posession,or the price may go up,if the seller knows that you have the matching VIN car.

held1823

what a cool story. ditto on the not disclosing you have the car it goes to.

i have the engine from xs29L9b266274 and would love to reunite it with that car if it's still around.

i will eventually put it back in the daytona, but thought I'd see if i could make someone's day before doing so
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

375instroke

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!

It has been a tough decision and at this point unfortunately I have not. It is still available by the looks of it and I'm more mixed about it and back and forth then I thought I'd be. Firstly I'm not really in a financial position to just outright buy it, at the end of the day $1575 isn't a huge sum of money but by the time you convert it at $.69 to the dollar, pay freight to a shipping yard and pay the freight halfway around the world, add tax, and your talking a good chunk of change.

On one hand I feel guilty for not jumping at the opportunity, but the last year has been rough with an interstate move and just now getting on top of things. I have too many projects already and I'm not getting any younger, so I feel at the rate I'm going I'll be dead before I finish them.

Would having the original engine outweigh the cost in value to the car, dunno, Chargers here are already overpriced 3 fold and my car isn't exactly "original". It is an R/T so....

Once it's gone it's basically gone forever. It's a tough call, one that I'm struggling to make............

chargervert

If at all possible, you need to make it happen.  It is unlikely to be available to you again.

70B5Cuda

What would the complete cost be for you to get the engine to your door?
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Y1CHARGER

I would get it, you don't have to do anything with it for a while after getting it but at least you have it and if you don't build it ever, it still makes your car worth more just having it.  If it ever goes in the car you can still sell your current engine to offset the cost. Good Luck  if you don't get it this will be you  :brickwall:

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on June 03, 2019, 01:10:26 PM
What would the complete cost be for you to get the engine to your door?

As a guess by the time you convert the crappy dollar here somewhere around $3500. The block alone converts to $2260 without any conversion fees.

gtx6970

My  :Twocents:

If its reasonable, ( that number varies per individual ) Buy it.

If the total cash outlay isnt  possible right now.
Buy it, have it shipped to someone here on  the board. or maybe have someone near by pick it up and store it for a while.
then once you've recovered  a bit for the costs.  ship it to Aust.

Nacho-RT74

:iagree:

That's what I did with a NOS quarter panel for my 74. Was storaged by couple of members around by 2 or 3 years untill being able to ship it
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 03, 2019, 05:40:52 PM
:iagree:

That's what I did with a NOS quarter panel for my 74. Was storaged by couple of members around by 2 or 3 years untill being able to ship it

I've done the same thing myself (albeit other hobbies) and am currently housing a pinball machine for an old friend until we can get it to him. Going on 15yrs now I believe  :eek2: :lol: I certainly hope you can swing this. I'd be nice to have it reunited with the car but understandable if not.

Out of curiosity, what are members feelings with regard to the price?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Wasco

I noticed that listing (I live in Spokane, and although I already have a 383 for mine, I still look) but I thought it was priced a bit high?  Unless it was the original motor from my car - then I'd certainly be making a deal on that block at least!