News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone selling on Craigslist?

Started by b5blue, September 27, 2019, 10:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I've got a few things I'd like to sell and thinking of listing my 92 Thunderbird. Any advise, tips or opinions welcome!  :shruggy:

timmycharger

krops cars

I have sold a few things. Seems like someone tries to scam you. All and all ok to do.

73chgrSE

I sold a car last month on cars.com    No weirdos :icon_smile_big:

Todd Wilson

6 or so years ago I sold my old Honda car on CL and didn't have any problems. 2 years ago I was looking for another little commuter car and did run into scams as a buyer.  Seems like if its too good to be true it was a scam. I even had a scam that was txting me  from a local area code number but would never reply back to me about getting together to see the vehicle. After searching the internet it was in fact a scam. I found several ad's with the same exact wording except for make and model  changes and of course pictures of the vehicle. If I remember right the vehicle wasn't currently local but they would send it to me and let me drive it for a week and if I liked it I could buy it but I had to pay shipping or something. The shipping was very low priced.

Facebook Marketplace around here seems to b e taking off like crazy and there are tons of vehicles on there to buy!

Todd

73chgrSE

Craigslist is ok if you want to hear from every crazy person in your area.  :Twocents:

Also the scams are non f-ing stop.

Don't fall for that "send me the google code so I know you are real" scam.

They just want you to confirm a phone number for them so they can scam someone else. :brickwall:

b5blue

I got lucky and traded in the T Bird for a 07 Dakota.  :2thumbs:

krops cars

Old Moparz

Craigslist works, I've bought & sold many things on it. The amount of scammers you have to deal with depends on your ability to weed them out & how patient you are in general. Small items that you can mail can be sold pretty much anywhere online but the larger items that you can't mail, or vehicles, are fairly limited.

As unorganized & limited as Craigslist may seem, Facebook is worse. I tried it & would rather just avoid it. Maybe it's me or just my area, but the people I end up communicating with on FB seem like lobotomized, Russian trolls that have been drinking vodka since 6 am.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

b5blue

Cars.com was easy and kinda nice actually, just the Tbird didn't sell in 30 days. Finding the Dakota Carfax booked at 4800 I offered 2000 and the bird all in tax title transfer. He did the deal and sold the bird off his lot in 10 days using Craigslist. (For the 2500 I had wanted.)
  I'm thinking the bird would have sold on Craigslist so I think your right.

Supercharged Riot

Quote from: 73chgrSE on September 27, 2019, 03:17:56 PM
I sold a car last month on cars.com    No weirdos :icon_smile_big:

I was contacted by a lot of weirdos from craigslist when I was selling my truck. The resellers are the most annoying to deal with