News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

install 4 speed trans

Started by dodgebee, October 02, 2019, 08:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgebee

i have the rear trans mount and bolts, do i need the bell housing to install trans? what  do i need to do to support front of trans with,do not have eng ready yet. need to see if it fit with new trans hump installed. thanks

timmycharger

If you are only test fitting the transmission, I don't see a problem with putting it on a floor jack, rolling it under the car and lifting it into place, fitting the crossmember and bolts just to see if everything lines up.   I wouldn't leave it there however as it could fall off of the jack and smash the front shaft on the ground.

dodgebee

thanks, i might want to just bolt rear trans mount and leave it there until i add eng in a few months,so what would  i need to support front trans up under car,do not have bell housing yet. thanks

krops cars

You will have to make a support. I seen people use wire and wire it up. I would leave it out until you are ready other wise  something may happen that you will regret.

nchrome

l know this won't hold the tran totally in pace  but for my automatics l use ratchet straps on the torsion bars from one side to the other works fine for me

AKcharger

Quote from: krops cars on October 02, 2019, 09:37:47 AM
... I would leave it out until you are ready other wise  something may happen that you will regret.
:iagree:

It's a risk/benefit decision...high risk of damage for very low benefit of saving what 3 cubic feet of garage space?