News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will Electric Cars Outsell Internal Combustion

Started by Ghoste, October 09, 2019, 06:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Long Before Electric Cars Dominate The Market

Five Years
Ten Years
Fifteen Years
More Than Fifteen
Never

Challenger340

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on December 07, 2019, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 08:28:58 AM
BTW, electric cars needs to make SOME small noise at least! Pedestrians life is in danger since we don't use to be around streets without some noise from cars. Noises from cars coming from engines are a warning signal for pedestrians

Very true and exactly why all EVs sold after 2020 here will need to have a noise of some sort....too many pedestrians getting hit....I was nearly one of then when I was out running a while back. Fancy your Tesla with a V8 soundtrack....no problem!

one EV taxi allmost hit me last year in Santander. True is it was going back so I never realize he was to leave its parking place.

Interesting.... you already have EV Taxi's in Venezuela ?
a country with arguably the largest Reserves of light/sweet Crude Oil left on the planet ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Challenger340 on December 07, 2019, 06:45:59 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 03:34:07 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on December 07, 2019, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 08:28:58 AM
BTW, electric cars needs to make SOME small noise at least! Pedestrians life is in danger since we don't use to be around streets without some noise from cars. Noises from cars coming from engines are a warning signal for pedestrians

Very true and exactly why all EVs sold after 2020 here will need to have a noise of some sort....too many pedestrians getting hit....I was nearly one of then when I was out running a while back. Fancy your Tesla with a V8 soundtrack....no problem!

one EV taxi allmost hit me last year in Santander. True is it was going back so I never realize he was to leave its parking place.

Interesting.... you already have EV Taxi's in Venezuela ?
a country with arguably the largest Reserves of light/sweet Crude Oil left on the planet ?

No, Santander is in Spain ( althought there is a Santander state/department in Colombia )

No EVs in Venezuela, and nothing projected to get in that deal. Most of population doesn't know they are coming or even exist. Venezuela is right now living like in XIX century, getting electrical power blackouts constantly, and, believe it or not, running out of gasoline on gas pumps quite often. Some cities get in fact  scheduled electrical power alternating the power between neighborhoods because the electrical capacity has being falling down ( and there is the 3rd or 4th most powerfull dam in the world, but half of turbines damaged! ). Thanks Chavez and Maduro!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 07:52:34 AM
is true about those apocaliptyc stories about the climate change were unprecisse and maybe exagerated, but is coming and you can feel it at this moment. If ppl is worried about the life style change with all these regulations, ( which is true are being hard and I'm not agree with that since own our world dictated it ), think on how you life style could change due the climate change later than the ecologist predictions, true, but sooner than non ecologist ppl says ( which still think is a false statement )

And still, if you don't care about climate change ( specially temp which is the most important topic being talked ) think on live on a earth completelly like this when you open your bedroom window and find this fog:

or travelling around the country and never see this anymore

and think on this.... green areas preserves the water fonts too

without forests, we won't have drinking water anymore (or not enough at least ). How many deserts get rivers with enough water ? they are deserts for a reason. Or do you want to live like in DUNE movie ? or think about Wall-E movie. It never talks about a time line, but illustrates very well the direction this could take

Climate change is affecting hard to Spain BTW, which is the bigger european food producer. Spain needs to get the balance between food production and reforesting, to make it look closer to XVI century, just right before most of forest were killed to make war ships to control the Spanish empire!

You can't say that the picture of that polluted city (wherever it is) and say that's what the air is like everywhere. And you also can't say that all of the forests are going to disappear. Yes, we have to take care of our environment, but let's not get hysterical.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 07, 2019, 08:10:28 AM
around 4 years ago, the Angel's waterfall in Venezuela ( which is the higher in the world with allmost 1 km height ) looked like this:

where uses to look like this:

so... is happening or not ? dry and wet seasons happens but never happened like that.

So... climate change is or is not happening ?

so, getting back to Electrical cars will outsell internal combustion... yes will do, and I'm happy will do, but you can't put me a gun on a head to get it... get me involved and in love of the change, seduce me about that, but don't push me. Education to the ppl is the main and first step on this. Make it accesible and reasonable. And change is not just on regular citizens. Each of us can't pay for that because the life style came on that way.

The climate change can't be reversed in a day just like when the Color TV appeared to substitute the B&W TV. So don't push me in something that can't be pushed like hat. Too many stuff involved on this.

The waterfall is beautiful, but showing one picture of it running fast and another running slow means nothing. One could have been taken after a wet season and could the other have been taken during a dry season. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Back to the topic at hand; it wouldn't surprise me if there is a substitute for gasoline powered vehicles sometime in the future, but unless there is some huge advancement in battery technology, battery powered vehicles isn't the answer. Wind and solar will not produce enough electricity to replace what supplies us with electricity today, not to mention the additional need for electricity if all cars and all buildings were to run on strictly electric power.

The time we are in now reminds me of when the government was forcing those horrible curly fluorescent light bulbs down our throats 20 year ago to replace incandescent bulbs. Everyone admitted that those things really sucked and were not good for the environment (when disposed of), but a better and cleaner technology eventually emerged in the way of LED bulbs. And everyone loves LED bulbs. Right now, there's a big government push for electric cars, but I just can't help to think that in time, something far better will be in our future and we'll look back and compare electric cars to the horrible curly bulbs of the past.

alfaitalia

Hydrogen cars were the future when I was young...only heat and water as emissions. Seemed the obvious choice to me...especially where long range is required...Wonder what happened there?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

odcics2

There's a bunch of scientists working on Transporters.
They transported a chile dog.
Unfortunately, when it materialized
the bun was on the inside. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Nacho-RT74

The poluted city is closer to you than you think. Mexico DF. And when i went to the mountains around Caracas, the pollution is visible specially ln downtown area. So it can be ANY city in the world

The dry waterfall pic was taken just right when I said, on a extreme dry season due the enviromental changes. The dry season never reaches that hard. That pic was taken to get warned about what we can reach.

At the same time the most powerfull electrical dam in Vzla got the lowest lever posible, allmost to get air into the turbines having to stop the hidroelectric plant

Is a fact glaciars at mountains are being reduced too wich also serves drinking water to rivers.

Big forest are being reduced buddy.. amazonian forest is the clearer example nowdays.

Once again, I'm not being apocalyptic, but if we don't take seriously this, NOW that we have time, we can kill ourself our only home. Challenger340 already mentioned, the natural disasters have been increased decade after decade in a geometric progresion, meeting with the technology  and industrial progression. That's not casuality

But must be a team job to make it softly and gently for everyone, without a need to cost a cent for ANYBODY. We paid the technology available at the moment, you can't blame now for that and make me pay my lifestyle for that now. The change should be unnoticeable to make it comfortably for everyone.

Is just about balance
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

ACUDANUT

Nacho, how are things in Venezuela ? Or did you move to Spain ? I can't remember.

Nacho-RT74

I'm in Spain right now and more here than In Venezuela right now, but still try to stablish in Spain. Having hard times to be on a decent job yet.

I try to don't think in Vzla right now. My mom and some other family members are still there and I'm trying to help as far I can, but I have to get focused here. Vzla won't be anymore like used to be anytime soon.

ACUDANUT

Glad your in Spain. Much better place to live. I have visited several cities there. Love it.

Nacho-RT74

New York

Of course on a windy day, NY never looks like that, but that doesn't mean the pollution is not being produced, just not getting stuck there.

So is closer to you than you think, St Louis, Los Angeles, Chicago... you name it!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: odcics2 on December 08, 2019, 09:24:56 AM

I think this is it...

chargervert

[quote author=Mytur Binsdirti link=topic=136325.msg1695483#msg1695483

And you also can't say that all of the forests are going to disappear. Yes, we have to take care of our environment, but let's not get hysterical.
[/quote]

It sure is, they are chopping more of it down everyday, to put up solar panels so they can run their electronic devices!

odcics2

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 08, 2019, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on December 08, 2019, 09:24:56 AM

I think this is it...

:2thumbs:
:cheers:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: chargervert on December 08, 2019, 10:59:02 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 08, 2019, 05:36:23 AM

And you also can't say that all of the forests are going to disappear. Yes, we have to take care of our environment, but let's not get hysterical.

It sure is, they are chopping more of it down everyday, to put up solar panels so they can run their electronic devices!

Yeap! Ridiculous! That's what I say is all about balance. Every kind of energy production comes in an enviromental disturb. Which one is the less agressive?

About electric cars you will need more silicious, copper and still use same ammount of plastic, steel, and now, litium. And everything comes from same mother nature. Just saving smog from cars. Nices step, but the rest?

Oil will be still needed just not for cars' fuel but airplanes, ships. Plastic, tires, and a long etc list of products coming from oil.

Once again, will need a balance

Mike DC

What we really need, is about 7 billion fewer people on the planet.  

BSB67

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 08, 2019, 04:44:49 PM

And that is where this is ultimately going.  If some bacteria doesn't wipe us out, the government will have to fix that too.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 08, 2019, 04:44:49 PM

That will come when every nation has Nukes. WWIII

Mytur Binsdirti

This pretty much sums up the carbon debate..................

odcics2

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 10, 2019, 06:00:55 AM

The Rise of The Machines. 

There really is a Skynet. 

Challenger340

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 10, 2019, 06:00:55 AM

Should be real interesting to watch the "weather" over the next 10 years....
and,
come back to this thread on here in 2029.

I mean once in awhile we see threads dug up from back in 2009 in here ?

Anyone care to make a few predictions for Electric cars in 10 years ? or the weather/climate in California ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

alfaitalia

Lots more electrics car....like anywhere else in the World....and ten years is to short for any meaningful weather data....but there will be a lots less glaciers and ice sheets on the planet cuz thats happening real fast (much faster than they predicted even five years ago)....but I'm thinking there already not many of those in California!!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!