News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snooping around on Auto Trader saw this picture

Started by 70 sublime, November 24, 2019, 02:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Was just looking at Chargers for sale and came across this ad with this cool picture ( in the snow get it  :hah: ) you might not see every day
Looks like it is at an auction for wrecks but can not tell what is wrong with it

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1969/dodge/charger/101240550

Vehicle Specifications
VIN
XP29H9B414597
Classic Car ID
Stock Number
Category
Muscle & Pony Cars
Body Style
N/A
New/Used
Used
Mileage
56,255 miles
Engine
N/A
Drivetrain
N/A
Transmission
N/A
Exterior Color
ORANGE
Custom Color
N/A
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

Dodgecharger74

74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

Mytur Binsdirti

smithenhiven

I thought that pic looks like a copart lot, so I checked and yup, here it is.  Out of Cleveland OH, bid to just over $20k as of this posting.  T-boned on driver side, still looks like a decent project.  4 speed too.

https://www.copart.com/lot/55135269

BLK 68 R/T

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

VegasCharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 24, 2019, 02:38:34 PM
Only one picture in the ad ? Really ?

Yes in the OP link, but the link that smithenhiven posted in reply #4 has a total of 10 pics.

With that being said, here's one of those pics below.

What was the purpose of posting this pic??? A pic of the hood covered in snow in a "for sale" listing. What's there to see if the snow is covering it up??? If it was some lazy yard employee, then what lazy idiot allowed it to be posted??? WTF is with lazy America with their idiot pics posting in for sale ads in Craigslist, Face Book market, ETC.

:brickwall: :brickwall:

Mike DC

I'm trying to figure out what kind of Dukes fan, Dodge Charger fan, or muscle car fan, would abandon that car to Copart over that amount of damage.  

GreenMachine

Sometimes insurance companies run wrecked cars through Copart to get an idea its current wrecked value and then let the owner buy it back. This ad says "pure sale", so it looks to be a legit auction.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

ht4spd307

:smilielol:
Quote from: smithenhiven on November 24, 2019, 08:25:03 PM
I thought that pic looks like a copart lot, so I checked and yup, here it is.  Out of Cleveland OH, bid to just over $20k as of this posting.  T-boned on driver side, still looks like a decent project.  4 speed too.

https://www.copart.com/lot/55135269

ht4spd307

chargervert

smithenhiven

Did anyone catch what it sold for?  That's what sucks about copart, they dont reveal the final selling price (unless you happen to be watching or bidding on the live auction as it ends).

70 sublime

Quote from: chargervert on November 25, 2019, 10:06:19 AM
The car looks very fixable.

As long as it was not too rotten before it got hit
Do not see very much bondo falling off from the hit

70B5Cuda

Quote from: 70 sublime on November 25, 2019, 04:04:54 PM

I spoke to the shop that did a quote on it. The owner said it had a lot of filler in it. The previous owner wrecked it and the insurance company paid him out. The insurance company offered it back to him with a buy back of $40k and he declined.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Wasco

None of this makes sense to me, but I don't work in insurance.  Maybe his coverage wasn't that good?  If it was only insured for 25k, and the bidding went to 20-25k, where do they come up with a buyback amount of 40k?  Ridiculous.  If I were him, I'd take the insurance money and go get another one rather than pay them that.   :eek2:

That driver door is pretty crunched - maybe the previous owner decided to walk away (if he could).

Mike DC

It was probably bought & wrecked by somebody with more money than brains.  

He impulse-buys a General Lee and gets ripped on an overpriced HLPAG-type bondo bucket.  Then he quickly discovers that owning & driving a 50yo classic isn't very practical.  

Then some other car slides into the driver's door.  (Maybe because the owner didn't leave enough stopping distance for the 50yo drum brakes, and overran a stop sign?  That's a T-bone wreck but not a very fast one.)  Anyway, the GL's owner looks at his wrecked prize and decides it's time to bail out of it.  Lesson learned.  

70 sublime

Quote from: 70B5Cuda on November 25, 2019, 04:24:57 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on November 25, 2019, 04:04:54 PM

I spoke to the shop that did a quote on it. The owner said it had a lot of filler in it. The previous owner wrecked it and the insurance company paid him out. The insurance company offered it back to him with a buy back of $40k and he declined.

If the insurance company offered him the car back wrecked for $40 000 I wonder how much he was paid for the car ?? $50 000 ? $60 000 ????

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

richRTSE

I was watching this auction too. It ended today. This morning it was at $26,500, not sure what the final price was. I did an online Ohio title search using the VIN and the car sold in 2012 for $28,000 and shows about 3,100 miles more since then.