News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Fraudz- New Season

Started by NHCharger, December 16, 2019, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

Anyone catch the the new episode of GYC last week??
Mark and his lead painter admitted that they had some sub-par employees do some shitty work. They highlighted a blue R/R. Said they had to tear the car completely apart and start over again.
I was dozing off and on thru the show (as usual). But I thought I heard Mark say that he was putting his daughter in charge of the shop and quality control  :smilielol: :smilielol:  This is the same daughter that just last year he was showing her how to install parking lights and side maker lights.

I feel asleep before the end of the show so I don't know if at the end of the show Mark yelled "April Fools" or not. Anyone else see this and verify that I wasn't dreaming? If true if I had a car in line there for any work I'd be yanking it ASAP.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

DAY CLONA

Quote from: NHCharger on December 16, 2019, 07:52:18 PM

Mark and his lead painter admitted that they had some sub-par employees do some shitty work. They highlighted a blue R/R. Said they had to tear the car completely apart and start over again.

That statement right there, shows that no one is watching nor instilling any quality control, besides the show is just smoke and mirrors anyway, just check out some of the finished work when it shows up at SEMA or other events, the lack of skill and quality, as well as amateur/rookie mistakes abound on their finish work...

Mike

Kern Dog

I'm not ready to bury the guy BUT when he had the hippie idiot from Magnum Farce suspension there to aid in installing his shitty front end parts, Mark's standing in my opinion fell several notches. Unless you are in a band, there is no sensible reason for a man in his 50s to look like that guy.

ACUDANUT

That show is all about "Buzzard Beak". (Mark) ..Worthless stupid talk. If they aired one car at a time, from start to finish I would watch it more.

Homerr

Wow, I was tired of Mark and his show YEARS ago.  I'm surprised GYC, let alone the show, are still around.

krops cars

I use to like Bodies by Boyed. Yes I know it wasn't a Mopar show. They showed you how to do things yourself. Then it turned into a soap opera. I also liked watching Stacey David. Showed you how to do stuff also. I guess people like soap operas and not things you can learn from.

70 sublime

Is Dane's son still working with the show ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

I was surprised that Mark hinted the business couldn't survive without the show.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

birdsandbees

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 20, 2019, 01:01:52 PM
I was surprised that Mark hinted the business couldn't survive without the show.
Interesting, yet others claim he's paying for the show out of his pocket.. so which is it! LOL
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

NHCharger

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 20, 2019, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 20, 2019, 01:01:52 PM
Interesting, yet others claim he's paying for the show out of his pocket.. so which is it! LOL

Hmm, I must have been snoozing when he said that.
There was another show on MT called Fantom Works which I liked. The owner chose to cancel the show stating it was too intrusive and cost him time and money. claims he is almost a million dollars in debt when he ended the show. That doesn't ring right to me. At anytime they had 50 to 90 cars in the shop.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

ACUDANUT

Fantom Works was a great show. 1-2 cars at a time (beginning to end) and no B.S. clowning around and no worm-man dancing around and solving anything.

Mopar Nut

Dan from Fantom Works is a drama queen.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

Here's a poll Graveyard Carz created.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 21, 2019, 03:14:16 AM

You're not kidding. Every car that comes in has "hidden" surprises, but to him, they are catastrophes, which makes him angry, and then it's time for a commercial break. Such false drama.

b5blue

I agree, he pretends to be upset at making more money.  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 21, 2019, 05:10:27 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 21, 2019, 03:14:16 AM

You're not kidding. Every car that comes in has "hidden" surprises, but to him, they are catastrophes, which makes him angry, and then it's time for a commercial break. Such false drama.
I've worked some side jobs with a guy that refers to every job as a "Nightmare".
Really? EVERY job is a nightmare? Not one of them was an easy or a fun job ?

RallyeMike

Scripted drama pays the bills. There will never be a series of successful car restoration documentaries.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mopar Nut

I don't know, Wheeler Dealers takes their work serious, no drama on that show.

jakeallcars

Iron Resurrection, didn't contain much comedy or drama. I don't know if it will be back. though. 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: jakeallcars on December 21, 2019, 09:03:55 PM
Iron Resurrection, didn't contain much comedy or drama. I don't know if it will be back. though. 

Joe Martin is a awesome metal fabricator.

JB400

I'm ready for some new content.  How about some comparison tests between makes both old and new?  What new parts actually make a difference in performance, or are fodder.  Are the new 392's better than the old 440?  There's plenty to discuss

chargervert

The best car show on television is full custom garage. The guy us an amazing metal fabricator! He inspired me to repair the roof on my 70 Charger R/T.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 21, 2019, 03:50:42 PM
I don't know, Wheeler Dealers takes their work serious, no drama on that show.

One of the best car shows on tv in my opinion. GYC was fairly decent the last 2 years only. Now this season, they went back to the bullshit bickering, but now with the show producer and crap. I am going to unfollow the show once I see how the "Christine" car turns out. And I LOVED Fantomworks.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Birdflu

Quote from: chargervert on December 22, 2019, 08:15:05 AM
The best car show on television is full custom garage. The guy us an amazing metal fabricator! He inspired me to repair the roof on my 70 Charger R/T.

If you wanna watch a show that's just about the cars, fabrication and repair with ZERO drama...this it it!

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 21, 2019, 02:48:54 PM
Scripted drama pays the bills. There will never be a series of successful car restoration documentaries.

And what's funny is all these guys talking smack usually fit in one or both categories:

1) they have never done any restoration or fabrication work in their life.

2) They aren't good enough at a sales pitch to get a TV show.  :icon_smile_big:

Seriously, after reading Richard Rawlings biography, I came to realy respect the man and appreciate how many of these shows get on the air. They man has been desolate broke five times over in his life. By his own admission, because he was a lecherous shithead. Through all that, and his love of cars and being a damn good salesman, he sold a network on Gas Monkey. My guess is that Worman is't much different. He sold the network on just what you said, [art drama, part comedy, mixed with is obvious love for cars and a pretty solid knowledge of all things Mopar. Love him or hate him, he has a show and we don't