News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best wiring harness available

Started by Bobs69, January 03, 2020, 12:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Who is selling the best full harness for our cars these days?

Mopar Nut

Yearone has the best plug and play factory harnesses, they own the licensing rights and has M&H make them.
They have a 30% off on them until Saturday night, use code - YN9545
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

I've bought several now and as much as I dislike Year One, I do love those harnesses.  Some of the best money you will invest in your car.  Bill Evans makes perfect harness reproductions also but he tends to stick with the smaller specialty ones.

krops cars

Mega Parts in Coon Valley WI. Good people great products.

moparstuart

Evans ?  i  think  makes some of them and i have had good luck with them 

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BrianShaughnessy

For main harnesses I prefer YO ( M&H).    I've had problems with Evans harnesses with the wires not being securely crimped... several times.

For some lesser cable assemblies,  there's a guy on ebay ( https://www.ebay.com/str/sniffoutparts ) that makes some lesser cable assemblies for options...   he made me a custom '70 AC harness for my '69 to use with the classic air kit.   I was just gonna order a stock '69 harness until he asked me what I had.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

NHCharger

Another vote for Y.O.  and yes, wait for the 20 to 30% off deals. I signed up with them to get notified every time there is a sale, which is quite often.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Bobs69

Quote from: NHCharger on January 05, 2020, 05:04:27 PM
Another vote for Y.O.  and yes, wait for the 20 to 30% off deals. I signed up with them to get notified every time there is a sale, which is quite often.

Good to know.  I'll look for that!  Will Year One do any customizing?

A383Wing

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 10, 2020, 05:10:24 PM

no...all they are is a warehouse full of parts...they just pick and ship...no manufacturing or modifications at all

Bryan

NHCharger

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 10, 2020, 05:10:24 PM

I think the only mods they offer is engine harnesses that are wired for electronic ignition for some years when only points style distributors were available and/or electronic was optional.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

VegasCharger

You can buy the same harnesses from Classic Industries.

Year One sucks.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: VegasCharger on January 11, 2020, 12:28:14 AM

Year One sucks.

that's new now! As far I know YR1 got exclusivity for the M&H harnesses
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

b5blue

Evens and Y.O. (M&H) both good but still tug check every wire crimp and examine closely for possible defects. Be ready to wait as sale prices drive up orders faster then production.
  Figuring out my 70 Charger's spare fuse block port came empty I called M&H and they will NOT modify or supply so much as a single clip for any reason. Evens will help if he can.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 12, 2020, 11:47:45 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on January 11, 2020, 12:28:14 AM

Year One sucks.

that's new now! As far I know YR1 got exclusivity for the M&H harnesses

Classic Industries buys from Yearone.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Rolling_Thunder

If you're going with just stock wiring then by all means get harnesses from YO or CI - I usually buy from CI since they are 20 mins away and I dont want to pay for overpriced YO shipping.

The wiring harnesses themselves are made at M&H electronics here in Santa Fe Springs, CA but are under contract with YO so you can't go there and buy one off the shelf unfortunately.

If you're going with a custom wiring set up there are plenty of good makers out there - Painless, American Auto Wire, etc ---   When I wire my polara I will just be using a universal kit - can't justify $1000+ to wire it when I can use a $150 harness and a weekend to do it - and get upgraded to ATO fuses.  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

jlatessa

Two Painless kits in our cars, excellent instructions, good help a phone call away and
YOU make ALL the terminations so you know they're good. Plus I soldered all high amperage terminals.

Also gives you a good understanding of your car's wiring.

My 2 cents...Joe