News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ideas to get a factory style hose on this car

Started by Finoke, January 14, 2020, 05:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finoke

Looking for ideas on how to get a factory style upper rad  hose on my Charger. Originally a 318 car but now a 440 with a factory style radiator with no numbers on it.

Tried buying some hoses from Napa. No luck.

tan top

as far as I know  the upper radiator hose was on the right side & the lower radiator on left for all 68-70 26 inch B-body radiators , that's prolly why you cant locate one  

which side  is the  lower  ?

could search through pictures of stock 26 inch  70 & later  C & B-Bodies  & see what might fit ?

70 b body  22inch radiator had upper left , but might be too short ..

small block 26  E/B body  have upper on left  & lower on right

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

b5blue

timmycharger

I ended up talking to a few parts counter guys at the local O'reilly's /Autozone/ Advance Auto with an old one and found a few that I matched up after going through the ones they stocked.  I had to trim it here and there but it ended up working great.  Below is a pic of how it looks.

Hemidog

I also have a driver side upper radiator.

Try out Gates 20874

Finoke

Quote from: tan top on January 14, 2020, 07:14:16 PM
as far as I know  the upper radiator hose was on the right side & the lower radiator on left for all 68-70 26 inch B-body radiators , that's prolly why you cant locate one  

which side  is the  lower  ?

could search through pictures of stock 26 inch  70 & later  C & B-Bodies  & see what might fit ?

70 b body  22inch radiator had upper left , but might be too short ..

small block 26  E/B body  have upper on left  & lower on right

Good info. My lower is passenger side. Upper is drivers side. I guess I can change radiators at some point but this one cools fine and doesn't leak.

Finoke

Quote from: timmycharger on January 15, 2020, 11:03:00 AM
I ended up talking to a few parts counter guys at the local O'reilly's /Autozone/ Advance Auto with an old one and found a few that I matched up after going through the ones they stocked.  I had to trim it here and there but it ended up working great.  Below is a pic of how it looks.

Looks great!

Finoke

Quote from: b5blue on January 15, 2020, 10:42:13 AM
Try correct one upside down?

Interesting, but visualizing I don't think it will work.

Finoke

Quote from: Hemidog on January 15, 2020, 11:50:31 AM
I also have a driver side upper radiator.

Try out Gates 20874

Definitely worth a try. My set up looks like yours. Thanks, I will let you know how I make out.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Finoke on January 15, 2020, 01:23:16 PM
as far as I know  the upper radiator hose was on the right side & the lower radiator on left for all 68-70 26 inch B-body radiators , that's prolly why you cant locate one 

which side  is the  lower  ?

could search through pictures of stock 26 inch  70 & later  C & B-Bodies  & see what might fit ?

70 b body  22inch radiator had upper left , but might be too short ..

small block 26  E/B body  have upper on left  & lower on right

Good info. My lower is passenger side. Upper is drivers side. I guess I can change radiators at some point but this one cools fine and doesn't leak.

You would also need to change the water pump housing as well if you do get the correct radiator.  Lower should be on drivers side :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

doctor4766

Mine came with both inlet and outlet on the driver's side.
Was a factory 318 A/C car with 26" radiator.
I've since replaced it with an aluminium radiator with the upper on the passenger side for a diagonal flow.
Gotta love a '69

Finoke

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 15, 2020, 04:23:05 PM
Quote from: Finoke on January 15, 2020, 01:23:16 PM
as far as I know  the upper radiator hose was on the right side & the lower radiator on left for all 68-70 26 inch B-body radiators , that's prolly why you cant locate one 

which side  is the  lower  ?

could search through pictures of stock 26 inch  70 & later  C & B-Bodies  & see what might fit ?

70 b body  22inch radiator had upper left , but might be too short ..

small block 26  E/B body  have upper on left  & lower on right

You would also need to change the water pump housing as well if you do get the correct radiator.  Lower should be on drivers side :Twocents:

Good info!