News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blower Motor Wont Shut Off

Started by John Milner, January 15, 2020, 10:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Milner

I am getting everything for my heater finished on my '68 Charger.  When I tested it out, the blower motor speed seems to work fine when I push the fan switch.  It increases the further I push the switch.  However, when I pull the switch completely forward to turn the fan off, the fan just keeps running on a low speed.  When I turn the key off, the fan does stop.  Does anyone know what might be causing this?  I have not run my vacuum line to the engine yet for the switch and box.  I didn't think that would make a difference but thought I'd mention it in case it does. Any help would be appreciated.

nitrousn

John Milner

Hemidog

My car is an A/C as well, and the fan never stops, I do not think the circuit has an off position, and current always goes though a resistor when ignition is on.

John Milner

That's interesting.  So, basically it is nothing to worry about if the fan runs on low continuously with the key on?  It does stop when I turn the key off.

Topher

I believe it's supposed to do that. The motor keeps running slow to keep air moving inside the car. That's what I was told about my 72 Chevelle I had back in the 80s. It was an ac car.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

nitrousn

Quote from: John Milner on January 15, 2020, 11:41:55 PM
Yes it is an a/c car.

Looks like you got the answer I was going to give once I confirmed it had A/C. I was not sure on your model but the blower will always run unless you have the mode switch on off.

Chargerfreak

Hi, sorry to mix in.

But i was very surprised to read that the blower motor can't be switched off

Im in the middle of getting my  blower motor working again.
And this post made me think of something i read in the 68 service manual.

If i read this correct it says the motor can be turned off right?

See attached picture.

Chris

Chargerfreak

And if its true the blower motor is always on, then that changes my case too.

My ac heater control has fallen apart years ago and i think im missing internals.

I can get the blower to work by jumping a wire somewhere, and also the 3 speeds will work, but
I wouldnt be able to turn it off. Thats why im looking to get a working ac control.

But if it is original that the blower always spins that makes my fix easier too.
Im not planning on getting the ac to work again

Chris

nitrousn

The blower motor will be on when two things are done. One the key must be on to send power to the heater/ac mode switch. Two the mode switch has to be in any position except off for the blower to work..

Chargerfreak

Nacho-RT74

So still should be off with key in ON, but pushbutton is OFF.

This just means the AC-Heater system is sourced from ign switch, not straight from batt

Damn how hard made it to explain THIS on the FSM LOL.

GUYS! CHECK THE DELAY SYSTEM!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html