News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back seat

Started by krops cars, January 24, 2020, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krops cars

I' m looking for opinions. I will be redoing my rear seat. I bought Legendary. I watched their video. The question I have is the old burlap has metal listings. The new burlap does not. So I washed the old burlap. NASTY. I was thinking about putting down the old burlap and on top a piece of new burlap. This will give more support to the foam. What do you guys think? Also do you think that the old musty smell will come back after I cleaned it?

timmycharger

I ended up doing just that on mine. See page 3 of my build thread (link below). I left the old burlap as it had the metal wires already in it and just added another layer on top. I also added some thick wires to bolster up the springs since my seat was super saggy.

The old musty smell is still in my car but I actually like it and wanted it there. I even used some of my old headliner insulation to keep the smell in the car.  :shruggy: 

b5blue

I cleaned everything down bare metal frames and used the rear seat rebuild kit they sell. I bought extra burlap that I used to double layer front and rear seats as I built them and it's fine. Not one for the stinky I replaced EVERYTHING foam/burlap/plastic/cotton whatever wherever I could. (Florida is wet/hot and my car had leaks.)
  I think if I'd put wire in the burlap it would have worked out too stiff, everything is firm as it is.