News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how is winter going for you?

Started by b5blue, January 25, 2020, 12:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm seeing blast after blast of Arctic cold fronts sweep across the country this year and wondering how how ya cope with it? Me and my 70 spent one year up in that crap and baled out back to Florida. (So I spend summer on hurricane alert.) I don't know if it's just the news but this winter looks really bad up there?  :eek2:

Lennard

75f and a clear blue sky here in Arizona.

LaOtto70Charger

My part of Indiana had snow around Halloween and a green Christmas. Flurries/rain today. So pretty mild overall.

Kern Dog

It sucks ass. It sucks every year. Cold, gloomy and the daylight hours are too short.
Fuck it...It won't last forever. Spring is 2 months away. 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 26, 2020, 12:40:07 AM
It sucks ass. It sucks every year. Cold, gloomy and the daylight hours are too short.
Fuck it...It won't last forever. Spring is 2 months away. 

At least you don't have snow.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

I agree. I would not like that. I grew up here in California. Great weather compared to the North Eastern areas. I don't like having to wear lots of clothes to be warm. I don't like a real hot climate either. Maybe I am just intolerant.

XH29N0G

We have had a pretty mild winter so far.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

I do envy the South in the cold months. Los Angeles, Phoenix, The Dominican Republic...

gtx6970

Quote from: Lennard on January 25, 2020, 12:27:16 PM
75f and a clear blue sky here in Arizona.

Yep, just took a 2 mile walk with the wife.
low 70s and SUNNY
:2thumbs:

b5blue

For me 60-70's few dips lower. (Unless I plan for outside work on house or cars then it shoots back up to 80-90's.  :lol:)

70 sublime

Quote from: b5blue on January 27, 2020, 08:58:09 AM
For me 60-70's few dips lower. (Unless I plan for outside work on house or cars then it shoots back up to 80-90's.  :lol:)

Yes you are nice now but when we have our 70 80 s days in the summer I bet you are a bunch more warmer and not as much fun outside then  ;)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

73chgrSE

We've had a couple cold spells in the Atlanta area but a few days later it always seems to get back up to mid 50's and sunny.

Good cruisin' weather.  :coolgleamA:

b5blue

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 27, 2020, 10:53:46 AM
Quote from: b5blue on January 27, 2020, 08:58:09 AM

Yes you are nice now but when we have our 70 80 s days in the summer I bet you are a bunch more warmer and not as much fun outside then  ;)
Exactly! Having mostly worked construction I'd sweat more before 10AM Monday then some did all year!  :lol: Retired recently I'm diligently doing all needed home/car/truck repairs now.   

67440chrg

Cold and wet this year so far. Snow last week and more today. Every time it seems to start to melt off we get a little more. Temps arn't terrible though.

kab69440

It's headed into February and aside ftom a couple of dustings of snow, winter hasn't even started yet. Welcome to Ohio, you just never know.

All I heard last summer and fall were predictions of how horrible this winter would be. We haven't seen squat so far.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69wannabe

Quote from: 73chgrSE on January 28, 2020, 11:57:45 AM
We've had a couple cold spells in the Atlanta area but a few days later it always seems to get back up to mid 50's and sunny.

Good cruisin' weather.  :coolgleamA:

Yep, same here in NW georgia, we have had a good bit of rain lately and a few really cold days then it warms back up a little bit. I still like the 60's and 70's better but it really has been a mild winter here so far. Was weird today tho, was actually mild today and went to lunch about 1 pm and was in there for 40 or 45 mins and then walked back outside and the temp had probably dropped 10 or 15 degrees and the wind was blowing pretty good too.

Of course this is georgia so it may be 70 one day and 40 the next!!! LOL

Todd Wilson

I am ready for it to be over. It really hasn't been too bad in Kansas so far. I do hate the gloomy gray chilly short days though.  Gonna be in the 70's today and 28 and freezing drizzle/snow on Tuesday!

Todd

4cruzin

I think it has been pretty mild for winter here in Michigan.  Not too much snow so far and none on the ground today as it was almost 50* yesterday.  Typical though, haven't seen the sun much.  I look at the 10 day forecast and under the area of "Next sunny day"  just says "NONE"   . . . I think I heard there were no sunny days in January. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 26, 2020, 02:19:59 PM
I do envy the South in the cold months. Los Angeles, Phoenix, The Dominican Republic...
Quote from: Kern Dog on January 26, 2020, 01:57:51 PM
I agree. I would not like that. I grew up here in California. Great weather compared to the North Eastern areas. I don't like having to wear lots of clothes to be warm. I don't like a real hot climate either. Maybe I am just intolerant.

You would like to live in Caracas (Venezuela) an allmost eternal spring with a temperature average of 28-30 *C all year long
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Had a brief period of T-shirt weather last week when we hit the low 80s in some parts, then overnight dropped to low 60s and windy as hell. Either way, the old car is still out and about.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

HANDM

Typical western washington winter weather goes something like this...

Cold and rainy
False spring
Cold and icy
False spring
Mild and windy
Cold and rainy
Snow
Cold and rainy
False spring
Cold and windy
Snow
Wind and rain <--------------- you are here
Mild and raining
Actual spring
False summer
Cold and raining
Full summer!

c00nhunterjoe

Im in md. 2 days ago my pond froze over. Yesterday i was wearing shorts

4cruzin

Yeah Michigan is the only place I know of were you can get sunburned and frostbit all in the same day!   ;)
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

odcics2

Forecasting sunny & 60 in MoTown today.  :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

b5blue