News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's happening with buyers on eBay ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, February 09, 2020, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

I can notice how sellers post their feedback without problem ( most of them sure are automatic or kinda of ) but what's happening with buyers don't posting feedbacks about sellers on eBay ? I think is more important a buyer feedback than a seller feedback!

I have sold several NOS Mopar stuff on ebay ( with a partner of mine ) since 4 or 5 years, and maybe  on last couple of years nobody post a feedback about the deal or product we have sold. Neither good or bad!

I'm just thinking is about laziness than a dissapointing opinion. I never have had a problem dealing with anybody except with a friend of the board here who unfortunatelly got a tail light with a small crack made by Fedex or customs along with a missed gasket. And it was REALLY a problem to get the insurance. Neither his or my fault.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Alaskan_TA

Once Ebay did not allow negative feedback for a seller any longer, they crippled their own system.

If all the feedback would automatically be good by default, then posting became a waste of to time to many people.

b5blue

I've never owned something worth the hassle of selling on eBay but have bought plenty and always leave feedback. (Very few issues of any kind.) I see now eBay is trying to side PayPal with other payment ways. PayPal is buyers leverage and feedback critical in deciding to purchase from someone.
  What I do see now is many sellers drop shipping orders. (Selling something they really do not have.) Feedback useless in these cases.

73chgrSE

I've noticed the "no feedback" from buyer thing lately also. & I've sold stuff lately to several people with a low # or even a (0) by the name and I was somewhat hesitant to ship but so far everything has been fine.

BTW I saw today that eBay just updated their user agreement. Maybe I will read it next time I have 3 or 4 days. :smilielol:

John_Kunkel

The only time I leave positive feedback for a seller is if they do a really outstanding job i.e. excellent communication and fast shipping.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ponch ®

So is ebay still a thing? Maybe its just me, but I think I've used ebay maybe once in the last 4-5 years.  With some rare exceptions, you can find most used things (not just auto parts) on CL, offerup, letgo, (at least in my part of the world/country) and even Amazon. As for old car parts, I've had more luck in the various forums' "parts for sale" sections. Example: I need a driver's side door panel for the satellite, and pretty much every result on eBay is a new part from a seller that more than likely already has its own website and/or is a vendor in forums, or sells on Amazon w/ faster shipping.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

gtx6970

Quote from: Ponch ® on February 27, 2020, 01:40:09 PM
So is ebay still a thing? Maybe its just me, but I think I've used ebay maybe once in the last 4-5 years.  With some rare exceptions, you can find most used things (not just auto parts) on CL, offerup, letgo, (at least in my part of the world/country) and even Amazon. As for old car parts, I've had more luck in the various forums' "parts for sale" sections. Example: I need a driver's side door panel for the satellite, and pretty much every result on eBay is a new part from a seller that more than likely already has its own website and/or is a vendor in forums, or sells on Amazon w/ faster shipping.

90% of what I buy via eBay is vintage model cars and parts.
occasionally I'll buy 1/1 car parts or items I need for around the house .

I'm sure there are other venues to buy the stuff I look for . BUT I use eBay mainly because I'm familiar with it. And I'm not a fan of change so to speak

b5blue

I recently bought a NEW set of shower walls from an eBay seller. It arrived in a box that had been opened then taped shut and had a very small crack in one panel. The almost 400.00 price was so much lower than all others (Shipping was free!) I just asked them was this sale for a blemish set? If not a blem I asked for a bit of epoxy to fix it. After sending the pics they asked for they gave me a full refund and said to keep the stall.  :2thumbs: 

Ponch ®

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 27, 2020, 04:02:54 PM

I'm sure there are other venues to buy the stuff I look for . BUT I use eBay mainly because I'm familiar with it. And I'm not a fan of change so to speak

That's fair.

I personally just haven't seen much an advantage to eBay over most other retailers, other than when looking for something very specific (like sports memorabilia and the like).  
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html