News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here we go again, alcohol/bleach hording.

Started by b5blue, March 06, 2020, 12:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

4 stops yesterday and 3 calls today, you may have not noticed but isopropyl alcohol is wiped out, even at distribution points. (I use it in spray bottles for killing mosquitoes and light cleaning.) 15.00 a bottle on Amazon and eBay now as deals like 2 32Oz. bottles for 20.00 shipped dry up. Soon "bottled in bond" Evan Williams will be cheaper. Bleach is running out also with the buy more than you need now scared mentality. I'm use to seeing this kinda thing around hurricane season around here with so many high density retirement complexes around. (They tend to over react en mass.) So now that darn ethanol in our gas will run the price per gallon up! I'm still figuring how a virus in China got a Mexican beer's name?   "I've seen the enemy and they are us." 

Mytur Binsdirti

stripedelete

Pretty sure vodka would make a good substitute.

Don't eat at PF Changs and you will be fine.

Mytur Binsdirti

Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one
When you gonna give me some time, Corona
Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run
Got it coming off o' the line, Corona!

M-m-m-my Corona

Mytur Binsdirti

The virus has been spread through money. If you have money at home put on some gloves and place it in a plastic bag outside your front door. I'm going to be collecting all of the plastic bags tonight for safety. Think of your health, I just want you to be safe.

The virus can not, I repeat, can not be spread through coins so you can hang on to those.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ponch ®

Not worried, we got a lot of elements of the medical.

Or something.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

b5blue

All types/brands of bleach, alcohol and spray disinfectants gone from shelf and stores starting to limit quantity when they do have.  :shruggy: Greedy hordie hoarders gotta get get get! Now they say Trumpy may have been exposed to.  :scratchchin:     

Mytur Binsdirti

Mytur Binsdirti

odcics2

New Rochelle, NY "containment area " being enforced by the
National Guard.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ponch ®

Whole lot of travel bans and stock market crashes for an overblown "hoax".
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Challenger340

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 12, 2020, 03:45:04 PM

Yep !
Whoopsie daisies... there goes everybody's life savings/401K's.... "poof"....GONE !
and for what ?
basically a bad case of the Flu that of you are somewhat healthy you should be fine ?

A Saudi/Russian Oil Price war all by itself was bad enough for the economy ?
But,
throw in a bunch of nit-witted no brained morons freaking out hoarding bum-wad and runn'in around like village idge-yots pretending it's the zombie apocalypse because of a FLU BUG ain't exactly helping ?

I'm out.... sry for the rant
Only wimps wear Bowties !

birdsandbees

So Monday buy a bunch of stock and make some coin like the day traders are!  :2thumbs:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

b5blue

No rant, the market is now exactly where it started in 2017 so again stock brokers are making money market up or down!  :lol:  

Ponch ®

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 12, 2020, 08:40:39 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 12, 2020, 03:45:04 PM

Yep !
Whoopsie daisies... there goes everybody's life savings/401K's.... "poof"....GONE !
and for what ?
basically a bad case of the Flu that of you are somewhat healthy you should be fine ?

A Saudi/Russian Oil Price war all by itself was bad enough for the economy ?
But,
throw in a bunch of nit-witted no brained morons freaking out hoarding bum-wad and runn'in around like village idge-yots pretending it's the zombie apocalypse because of a FLU BUG ain't exactly helping ?

I'm out.... sry for the rant

Two days ago some dude says "nothing to worry about, it'll go away"

Last night same guy "this is a horrible infection and we need to close down the country"

Somebody is full of shit.

70 sublime

Two days ago some dude says "nothing to worry about, it'll go away"

Last night same guy "this is a horrible infection and we need to close down the country"

[/quote]

Yes because he can not find any toilet paper anywhere  :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah: :hah:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

Quote from: odcics2 on March 10, 2020, 12:36:22 PM
New Rochelle, NY "containment area " being enforced by the
National Guard.
I saw tonight they are supplying labor to distribute food packages and meals.  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Quotewo days ago some dude says "nothing to worry about, it'll go away"

Sometime in the next few weeks that clown will be on TV pleading ignorance:  "Nobody knew this outbreak would spread so fast!"  As if we weren't warned it was coming and there was nothing else that could have been done.  

This is a real mess.  Our leaders basically ignored this until it started hurting private industry/stock market.  (Hey, everybody has their priorities.)  

We should be testing our whole population for the virus as we speak.  On Tuesday the USA tested 8 people.  South Korea is doing 19,000 tests per day.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 13, 2020, 10:18:46 AM
Quotewo days ago some dude says "nothing to worry about, it'll go away"

Sometime in the next few weeks that clown will be on TV pleading ignorance:  "Nobody knew this outbreak would spread so fast!"  As if we weren't warned it was coming and there was nothing else that could have been done.  

This is a real mess.  Our leaders basically ignored this until it started hurting private industry/stock market.  (Hey, everybody has their priorities.)  

We should be testing our whole population for the virus as we speak.  On Tuesday the USA tested 8 people.  South Korea is doing 19,000 tests per day.

But its moar importantur to pwn the libz  :drunk:

the guy Rogan had on his podcast the other day: "we basically waited until the house was on fire to consider building a fire truck"