News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

stripe delete

Started by ht4spd307, March 11, 2020, 09:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

Hey all just wondering if it's just my car but the R/T badge is off center to the rear marker light is this correct as it looks like it's never been tampered with

ht4spd307

Lennard

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 18, 2020, 05:03:00 PM
:shruggy:
Maybe posting a picture that shows what you are talking about would be helpfull?

myk

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 18, 2020, 05:03:00 PM

Nothing personal man.  This site isn't as busy as it used to be.  But yeah, post pictures...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

John Milner

I'm no expert by any means but I would think that would be normal. I highly doubt that anyone would have measured to put the badge exactly in the same spot on every car. They were trying to get the cars out the door so things were not perfect.

jefferson

Challenger340

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 11, 2020, 09:06:16 AM
Hey all just wondering if it's just my car but the R/T badge is off center to the rear marker light is this correct as it looks like it's never been tampered with

Go get a pic and we can compare with mine ?(original), maybe some others can post up as well ?

But I'm thinking yours is probably right ?  simply because I don't think much exact measuring was involved when placing at the factory ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ht4spd307

ht4spd307

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 19, 2020, 10:24:56 AM

Go get a pic and we can compare with mine ?(original), maybe some others can post up as well ?

But I'm thinking yours is probably right ?  simply because I don't think much exact measuring was involved when placing at the factory ?
They are evenly placed on both sides but not center more set towards the back of the car I'll see if i can get a photo but it's at the paint shop at the moment under quarantine 

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

triple_green

Pretty sure that is factory, because when I went to put a stripe on my 69 R/T SE and still use the R/T badge it didn't lineup with the side marker, so I had to move it a little...I know everyone here hates the stripe and the badge together :)
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Challenger340

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 19, 2020, 07:23:39 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on March 19, 2020, 10:24:56 AM

They are evenly placed on both sides but not center more set towards the back of the car I'll see if i can get a photo but it's at the paint shop at the moment under quarantine 

I went out and looked at ours.... NOT centered directly above the marker lights, placed slightly towards the rear both sides.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

ht4spd307

thanks all much appreciated 

triple_green

I added a pic to my earlier post looks like I just let it be a little off center
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Kern Dog

Quote from: triple_green on March 20, 2020, 11:19:42 AM
I know everyone here hates the stripe and the badge together :)
Everyone? Really ?

I don't hate it.
I like this better but yours is just fine.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 22, 2020, 02:46:31 AM
I know everyone here hates the stripe and the badge together :)
Everyone? Really ?

I don't hate it.
I like this better but yours is just fine.

I'm agree. I don't hate it either. Just unsure if likes or not. I'm a "badges" liker, but being a performance car ( Bees, Charger etc... ) I think stripes are a must on them. But still like badges, sooo hard to decide! I don't think will have a 2nd gen ever ( R/T or not )  but sure would have a debate on the R/T badge over stripe or not if I get to that point on an hipotetical case like that.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

myk

Stripe and the badge?  Don't they all come that way?

ht4spd307

Pretty sure that is factory, because when I went to put a stripe on my 69 R/T SE and still use the R/T badge it didn't lineup with the side marker, so I had to move it a little...I know everyone here hates the stripe and the badge together :)
that's exactly why i asked the question as i wish to do what you done

ht4spd307

Quote from: myk on March 22, 2020, 03:59:04 AM
No they came with one or the other

Nacho-RT74

I think he considers the R/T cut out on Stripe as a badge, while you talk about the chromed emblem?

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

I for one hate the stripe/emblem combo..... :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Me as well, it is one of the things I will be fixing on my car at some point. (was done before I owned it)

ht4spd307

Quote from: Ghoste on March 23, 2020, 04:15:49 AM
Me as well, it is one of the things I will be fixing on my car at some point. (was done before I owned it)
Is yours a stripe delete ? Don't like the stripe or the badge /decal mix

myk

Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 22, 2020, 04:55:22 AM

So...if it has the stripe then the tail panel has no badge?  Does it just say Charger on the tail panel, then? 

70 sublime

Quote from: myk on March 23, 2020, 06:07:45 PM
Quote from: ht4spd307 on March 22, 2020, 04:55:22 AM

So...if it has the stripe then the tail panel has no badge?  Does it just say Charger on the tail panel, then? 

No

If it is stripe delete it got a metal badge with the R/T symbol on it that went on the rear quarter panel
If it had the stripe the R/T symbol was just cut out of the stripe so you could see the car paint colour for the letters   
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green