News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's Sue China for their Corona Virus

Started by ACUDANUT, March 13, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 23, 2020, 06:10:33 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on March 23, 2020, 04:51:45 PM
NO point in actively wishing malice upon anyone else in the world ? and I would suggest a poor use of mental capacity if anyone does  :Twocents:

I don't wish anyone dead (currently) but I do wish for discomfort of difficulty in the lives of a few people that have hurt others.

Are you telling me that is why it itches in the crack beside my little toe?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

Ahhh.....
Who the heck have you ever hurt?  :nana:
I'm talking about Molesters, Bernie Madoff types, drunk drivers, drug dealers, the real shitty people.

alfaitalia

....and, from what I'm scarcely believing I just heard in the News from the mouth of your mentally retarded leader you might want to add Trump to the list...quote " America (the most successful country in the world) (lol...but I'll let that one go) is not a nation you can lockdown and I want the US fully open for business by Easter" REALLY? does he not look beyond his own garden. We are on full lockdown here since yesterday and I can't go to work (or even leave my house for anything other that essentials or a medical emergency until at least May 1st....and yet we still have hundreds (soon to be 1000s dead). If you are stupid enough to let him do that he will be personally responsible for the deaths of thousands it not 10s of thousands of Americans. You need to stop him now. Or you could make China or Italy ook like a minor event. Stop him people.....I'm living this..it's not pleasant! Can he not see what's happening around the globe....it really is frightening...and should be more so for you guys. Good luck.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

You used to be a decent guy but your incessant insults are beyond worn out. I'd insult your leader but who the fuck knows or cares what fucking homo runs your shithole.
Pay attention to your own country and the fuck with what you think of ours.

alfaitalia

And that's the attitude that's going to kill thousands of you.......as of today your have the second fastest spread rate of the virus in the World...wake up and smell the coffee....

For the record I have no problem with the US or it's people at all and would love to visit.....it's your leader I take issue with.....as does probably 90% of the world so I'm far from alone...it's not a personal attack on you...so why respond as such?

...and of course it's a free country do your are free to think whatever you want about the UK and Boris Johnson.....just as I am about the US...but I don't defend the PM for glaring fuck ups and bad decisions or comments even if I voted for him...which I did.
Talking of facts, with five (known) kids with several different women...I highly doubt he's a homo!
Be safe, stay away from crowds..and at least 6 feet from other people, wash your hands as often as practical.....especially if your are over 70 or have any underlying heath problems......and you will PROBABLY be ok.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Your bullshit insults don't help.
Again, outside of politics I used to think that you were a reasonable guy but you have gone full retard. I don't want to paint things with such a broad brush but a large percentage of those blabbing against DJT are emotional, irrational and ignorant.
You are included in that group.
I have said the same thing that many have said....The "cure" the media is pushing seems to be far more devastating than the disease.
Time and time again Trump has said something the media deems as outrageous....Months pass by and he is found to be correct. Does the media step up and admit that they had it wrong?
No, they rarely ever do.
Imagine for a moment that a leader that you respect has to fight 90% of the media, half the Congress and about half the populace on every move. The media gives Liberal politicians a built in advantage to act with almost total impunity but a Republican or a Conservative has to wade through a sea of obstacles to get anything done.

Challenger340

:popcrn:

I think there could be between 2 Million to 3.5 Million COVID-19 Cases in the U.S. by Easter... and the numbers of sick may indeed still climbing at that time.
meaning,
any plans to re-open the economy could be a moot point ?

Time stamp:
Today is March 24th, 54,000 Cases, and the President of the United States is on record today, stating he would like to if at all possible "re-open" the U.S. Economy by Easter, April 12th, because "the cure may be worse than the disease"

No Wars wanted....
* just one opinion... mine
and
* some statements of fact for historical reference.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

XH29N0G

I just looked on the World Health organization at the data and what they had listed for yesterday put the US ahead by 50% in new cases over the next country (we are a big country) and 4th in the list of new deaths.  Also looked at Fox news which said thousands of ventilators were headed to NY, but also read that more than that were being held back and the NYC mayor was pleading for them now. Said he would deliver them to the next place that needed them, but the admin won't release them and apparently said he had is chance to buy ventilators in 2015. I don't understand the disconnect. Seems like people got to breath and if it isn't a big deal, then why not send them.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Kern Dog

I wonder if it is a matter of having properly functioning units. It could be worse to have a load of faulty and inferior counterfeit units...Having parts break off inside people or collapse, taking matters from bad to worse.
How many people carry two spare tires or a spare engine in their car?
We prepare for likely scenarios, not one in a billion situations like these. You can say that we were caught off guard but who would have thought to spend billions to stock up on medical devices that in all likelihood, we'd never need?
I still think that this is a gross exaggeration for us here. Except for the cities, we are not packed in tight like those in Europe or China.

Challenger340

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 24, 2020, 08:15:10 PM
I wonder if it is a matter of having properly functioning units. It could be worse to have a load of faulty and inferior counterfeit units...Having parts break off inside people or collapse, taking matters from bad to worse.
How many people carry two spare tires or a spare engine in their car?
We prepare for likely scenarios, not one in a billion situations like these. You can say that we were caught off guard but who would have thought to spend billions to stock up on medical devices that in all likelihood, we'd never need?
I still think that this is a gross exaggeration for us here. Except for the cities, we are not packed in tight like those in Europe or China.

I read that New York has 7,000 Ventilators I think ?
But that N.Y. Health Officials have told the Governor NY will need 30,000 Ventilators within 2 weeks... so the Governor of New York is asking the Federal Government to release the 20,000 Ventilator's from reserve stockpiles ?
Just say'in...
the way I read it the 20,000 extra Federal Ventilators are already there doing nothing..... but IMO, the Feds are probably reluctant to commit them ALL AT ONCE strictly to New York ?
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/gov-cuomo-says-new-york-needs-ventilators-now-help-from-gm-ford-does-us-no-good.html  

Did New York Vote Rep or Dem ?
just say'in....

Kern Dog

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 24, 2020, 08:28:06 PM

Did New York Vote Rep or Dem ?
just say'in....

Interesting point. It was one that I have thought about when the trend here was to move toward single payer (government) run health care.
What if as part of a determination of your eligibility for treatment was IF you were registered as a Democrat?  What if Independents and other NON Democrats were ignored or delayed ?

b5blue

I worked for the V.H.A. in logistics and can tell you it's hard enough to keep the system full of normal necessary supplies and devices when you have a bunch of people who get LIFETIME FREE HEALTHCARE and are VERY WEALTHY squeezing your budget. Just like now they are having pissing contests, why? They have no skin in the game.  You can't stockpile medical, it gets outdated and requires new certification or it's expired and trashed. I'm still seeing people who don't understand and are going to get sick out of ignorance. (I don't let any get near me, this isn't a game.) 

Nacho-RT74

KD, don't take opinions like insults. alfaitalia is not insulting anybody, just giving his opinion about your president attitude not your attitude, or USA situation about the virus. Not even the internal political issues. And his opinion is shared by 70-80% of the world and he is sharing that point of view like I did on the now gone thread. Many of you maybe are not able to see yourself ( or your leader ) from a 3rd person point of view and we are leaning to you on this. Yeap, as I mentioned USA is not the world just part of it. Trust me you are beginning to look like a blinded Chavez follower in Venezuela where his leader was so perfect that he could be eating shit and still will be good for him because his president said USA is the guilty of that situation there. So he blames USA and not Chavez just because Chavez said it!

And not, I'm not insulting you either! is just what it looks from the distance. I think you are a great guy, but just need to open a bit your mind ;)

Personally I don't think any president in the world ( not even Trump for USA situation about this ) is responsable of this situation in your own country. The virus is actually faster and more "invisible" than expected in a world where comunications and transportation is also fast, but the leaders attitude is what could be the wrong on this since the first instance. A humble attitude can hold mistakes by the ppl better than a superb attitude

As b5blue said, there is no way to be prepaired for this anywhere in the world no matter how great you are, for many reasons. But the attitude of ppl and goverment must be according with the situation. You can't get 10K or 20K beds hospitals or 10K ICU ready for this because nobody was able to economically support that in a regular situation. You ( same as EU ) so far so good can get at least how to support the situation, better or worst, but I'm thinking the rest of the world where mostly sure numbers are not being realistic. That could make not dissappear the virus for a loooooong time ( if ever ), so since USA, EU and even China are in the same world, could be fighting with this larger than we think.

I don't trust Russians stats either.... and actually I don't trust part of the Germany stats either about their deaths.

We can blame China for this the same we can blame USA for the "Spanish Flu" what killed supposedly 30 million of ppl as far I recall. But is not the case and that won't help. Shit happens! Just that.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mike DC

Viruses don't have nationalities.  

There is no point blaming anybody for this mess.  Not unless it gets tracked back to a govt germ warfare lab or something.  

China has so many people (4x the population of the USA) that it makes probabilities a lot higher for many things.  

As for unsanitary conditions & habits in parts of China . . . again, I don't think we should be pointing too many fingers.  There's about 2 million people the USA that don't even have clean safe water in their homes.  Many of them are in the great lakes region which is the biggest wad of cheap clean water on the planet.  That's like if poor Saudi Arabians were getting sick because they didn't have enough gasoline.    

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 24, 2020, 09:57:30 PM
Interesting point. It was one that I have thought about when the trend here was to move toward single payer (government) run health care.
What if as part of a determination of your eligibility for treatment was IF you were registered as a Democrat?  What if Independents and other NON Democrats were ignored or delayed ?

The key thing about single payer is that it should be for all.  I view health being connected to the declaration of independence statement 'Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness'. By the way, I am enjoying the questions that you (KD) are bringing up.  I think they are direct and make good points.  I prefer it to the 'take no prisoners' approach and 'its humor no one can understand'.  I am worried about Covid-19 because the statistics make it likely that I will more people who die.  I already know some and I have also known at least one person who died of the flu.  Right now we need to work for the common good of people in america and in the world. I'm trying to do my part with stemming a quick spread and also hoping I don't come down with it.  From a probabilistic standpoint it is more likely someone would spread it to would die than me.  I don't think that is something I really want to think about, especially if the hospitals become overwhelmed.  The way I look at it is if we can spread out the time it takes (I don't get the impression we diminish the numbers) the hospitals are less likely to be overwhelmed and more likely to save people who can be saved.  

Or maybe it protects us. 

Kern Dog

My view is that this is a huge exaggeration.
I agree that it is a serious thing for the people involved but I am not the type to panic. I get worried about things but in general, I am not a negative thinking person. I see this as an instance of extreme over-reach. Maybe I have the luxury of not worrying because the protocols are working? Hard to tell, people. Slowing the engines of the USA is a disastrous move too.
Alfa used to be a guy I liked to read from here. Once he started insulting the President, he immediately alienated me. Why not take a better approach and just say you don't like the decisions, you don't agree with the policies or simply don't like the person ? Why do the critics have to resort to insults? It has the instant result of making it look personal and petty.
Oh, I know about petty but when I stoop to that level, I do it intentionally.
Is that the actual motive for guys like Alfa and Ponch? Just trying to stir the pot? You will never get anyone to see your point when you set out to piss them off.

mel t

It is called the China Virus and its YUGE!

mel t

XH29N0G

Many of those things were because the country was set up to succeed and many are things that are bad.  Wait to see how history treats him.  :Twocents: :Twocents: slippery slope of politics...we should be sticking with cars.  

Or maybe it protects us. 

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on March 25, 2020, 06:26:27 PM
Almost 4 million jobs created since the election.
More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
Median household income has hit the highest level ever recorded.
African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
Women's unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
Under my Administration, veterans' unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
The Pledge to America's Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After-tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back into the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada's united bid for the 2026 World Cup.
Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
Record number of regulations eliminated.
Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached an all-time high.
The United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
Canceled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
The process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by the Supreme Court.
Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
Imposed tariffs on China in response to China's forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

The most Succesful US president of all time and folks have too much (racist) hate to see it.

When did FOX Propaganda....'err   sry  'News" register in here ?

We're gonna get this thread LOCKED by being too political ?

mel t

Fixed.
But you know I am right. "can't deny success."

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on March 25, 2020, 08:21:51 PM
Fixed.
But you know I am right. "can't deny success."

WOW !
Just WOW !

uhhh... NO....  
I could categorically deny everything you posted.... ANYONE could if they wanted to research the Truth ? But this is NOT a Political forum nor to discuss Politics ?

Putin is winning... he's got some people convinced that a Nitwit is some kind of messiah ?
Do you know what "propaganda" is ?  divide and conquer ?

Kern Dog

mel t

Okay, Sir, Thank you, and have a good evening.