News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's Sue China for their Corona Virus

Started by ACUDANUT, March 13, 2020, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteMy view is that this is a huge exaggeration.
I agree that it is a serious thing for the people involved but I am not the type to panic. I get worried about things but in general, I am not a negative thinking person. I see this as an instance of extreme over-reach. Maybe I have the luxury of not worrying because the protocols are working? Hard to tell, people. Slowing the engines of the USA is a disastrous move too.

"The protocols are working"?

How on earth would we even know?  This virus has been in the USA for two months and we still aren't even doing adequate testing.

I personally know of two people in the NYC area who had clear virus symptoms and still couldn't get tested 1-2 weeks ago.  They were calling around trying to find somewhere to do it.

The first case of the virus in the USA was late January.   That's two months ago.  If things get really bad in the next few months, just remember that the Federal authorities did nothing* until it became a stock market problem.  They are still not treating this like a disease problem even now, or they wouldn't be floating these criminally negligent ideas of getting people back out in public gatherings for Easter.      

* The Federal govt's response to the virus would have been the same from January until mid-March if there was no acting president/vice/etc at all.  That's what it looks like when an executive branch does nothing.

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on March 25, 2020, 10:19:10 PM
Okay, Sir, Thank you, and have a good evening.

No....  Thank You Sir.

opinions may vary,
but economies decimated by incompetence.... will vary opinions.

"Can't deny failure"
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 26, 2020, 12:01:48 AM

How on earth would we even know?  This virus has been in the USA for two months and we still aren't even doing adequate testing.

I personally know of two people in the NYC area who had clear virus symptoms and still couldn't get tested 1-2 weeks ago.  They were calling around trying to find somewhere to do it.

What's the big deal with a shortage of tests? If you can still smell your own farts, then you're ok.

Nacho-RT74

If you live in the country or in an open and wide neighborhood this could seem exagerated for you, but living in cities with high density population, is not. Everything will depends, as usual, about the personal POV and experience you are living from. And there you have the hability or not to be empathic with the diff lifestyles and be open minded you are not the only POV o lifestyle. Not everybody is able to freely choose his lifestyle and personal situation.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

b5blue

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 26, 2020, 03:30:00 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 26, 2020, 12:01:48 AM

I must be doing fine then!  :lol:

What's the big deal with a shortage of tests? If you can still smell your own farts, then you're ok.

Nacho-RT74

Damn! USA is now with more cases than China! raised faster than China and the rest of the countries
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 26, 2020, 06:06:27 PM
Damn! USA is now with more cases than China! raised faster than China and the rest of the countries

That is, if you can trust China's numbers.

Kern Dog

Yeah, no kidding.
Also, this is a relative number. If a country does NO testing, they will technically have NO reported cases.

XH29N0G

This gets to me because it seems to be the strategy in the US.  refuse the test kits from WHO, then say we want to use the US test, then say ok we can test and our great people will develop them - people who we have been shitting on.  Then say there are too many to test, so only test if it is important.  And yes, I know at least one person who has all the symptoms was told by several informed doctors he likely had it, but that he wouldn't be tested unless it got bad enough to be admitted to ER.  That effectively drops the US statistics.  And even with that we succeeded in passing all other countries to be #1. Apologies for the Rant.  Sometimes stupid arguments get to me.  :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

b5blue

2 things come into play, A: How many in China had it and or died without being labeled correctly and B: In China they kill you for not obeying and here many are compelled to not obey just on principal regardless of intent.
Example:  The crowded unemployment lines and offices are spreading C19 while they don't work so as not to spread C19?   :lol:  

LaOtto70Charger

Rant on. Pretty bad that we waited so long to ramp up for an obvious issue headed our way.  No just the Fed but even the multinational corporations.  I work for a large one and was talking with China, India, and Europe colleagues through out. The Euopean ones are already on week 2 of working from home.  We are just starting. Glad the individual state governors started reacting when they did at least.  Anyone ever hear where the 500,000 test kits flown in from Italy ended up? 

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 26, 2020, 06:40:20 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on March 26, 2020, 06:06:27 PM

That is, if you can trust China's numbers.

Yes is true, but still raised up faster than Italy and Spain. We are agree USA gets more ppl too, but also more spreaded around, except maybe on big cities. Dunno the stats by State thought

mel t

AHHHH! AHHHH! The Boogey Virus is going to KILL us! It's all the orange Man's fault—Boogey, Boogey, Boogey!

mel t

Due to the Boogey Virus, Every TX9 Charger will be confiscated! All owners of said Chargers WILL forward titles of vehicles to MelT@tx9.com

Mytur Binsdirti

It's all orange man's fault!

http://patriotretort.com/golly-i-wonder-why-new-york-city-is-the-epicenter/

Back in early February, Governor Cuomo said. "My message to New Yorkers is: take this coronavirus seriously, take proper precautions, stay informed, but also feel confident that our Health Department and this administration are prepared and ready."

Marck

I'm from Denmark.
It's been more than two weeks now, since the Prime Minister shut the country down.
All government employed, in non essential positions have been sent home. Those with the ability to work from home, are expected to do so.
All in the private sector, are urged to work from home, as much as possible.
All public gatherings exceeding 10 persons is illegal, resulting in fines if caught.
All social venues, bars, restaurants, clubs, sportsarenas, stadiums etc. has been shut down.
Our borders are closed. Schools and places of higher education are closed.
We currently have 55 deaths, out of a population of 6.000.000.
The daily number of deaths sadly seems to be accelerating, like it seems to be in several countrys across Europe. Italy have been seeing 700-900 deaths pr. day for a while now, luckily we seem to have gotten better out in front of the situation here in Denmark.

I hope you're all staying as safe as possible through this.

b5blue

Challenger340

There's no sugar coating anything .... being slow to react has, is, and will cost lives.

It's not "orange man bad" ?
nor
is it boogey virus ?

Because between the NSA, CIA, FBI and a couple others including The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)...
POTUS can ASK....  and be told damn near the most probable correct answer with a high degree of confidence on just about any question....
even...
what the f**k China's Communist President Xi JinPing had for Lunch last Tuesday ? and with whom he had it  ? let be maybe even the color of the terd he dumped later ?

Yet ...
Somehow American's are miraculously to believe "nobody knew a thing".... including the American Intelligence/Defense Community..... about an outbreak of one the most severe pandemic's in human history unfolding back in late December in WUHAN CHINA ?

Here are the timelines we would have to believe Nobody... including the U.S. Intelligence community knew nothing...
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-pandemic-timeline-history-major-events-2020-3

alfaitalia

Quote from: Marck on March 27, 2020, 03:05:35 PM
I'm from Denmark.
It's been more than two weeks now, since the Prime Minister shut the country down.
All government employed, in non essential positions have been sent home. Those with the ability to work from home, are expected to do so.
All in the private sector, are urged to work from home, as much as possible.
All public gatherings exceeding 10 persons is illegal, resulting in fines if caught.
All social venues, bars, restaurants, clubs, sportsarenas, stadiums etc. has been shut down.
Our borders are closed. Schools and places of higher education are closed.
We currently have 55 deaths, out of a population of 6.000.000.
The daily number of deaths sadly seems to be accelerating, like it seems to be in several countrys across Europe. Italy have been seeing 700-900 deaths pr. day for a while now, luckily we seem to have gotten better out in front of the situation here in Denmark.

I hope you're all staying as safe as possible through this.

Pretty much the same restrictions as us...we are up to about 800 deaths in total...but in Italy 915 died today alone.....I feel that the USs lack of action (having seen what happened elsewhere) will very shortly make these numbers look like chicken feed....according to the BBC news tonight you already have over 100,000 cases there and well over 1500 fatalities...and in a much shorter time than other countries......be safe people.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

QuotePretty much the same restrictions as us...we are up to about 800 deaths in total...but in Italy 915 died today alone.....I feel that the USs lack of action (having seen what happened elsewhere) will very shortly make these numbers look like chicken feed....according to the BBC news tonight you already have over 100,000 cases there and well over 1500 fatalities...and in a much shorter time than other countries......be safe people.

Only 1 in 500 Americans have been tested so far.  We have no idea how big the outbreak is here.   

The best indicator is how many hospital beds are being occupied (compared to normal).  That indicator is useful until the hospitals in a given area are full.  After that it's back to guesswork. 

The last time I checked, we were only testing the living patients.  People who die from the virus before they get tested will probably not be included in the 'official' death totals.  That has a small effect right now but it may become a huge distortion in the near future, especially as hospitals get full and more people are dying at home.   

I'm not holding my breath waiting for US authorities to fix this oversight.  They will probably take any excuse to downplay the true death toll.  IMO the only decent statistic will be to compare the total US deaths in 2020 to other years.

ACUDANUT

Well, It's official ISIS is claiming responsibility.

b5blue

We have had near misses plenty in the past you can recall Zika, Swine, HIV, and many more. What about Typhoid and Mary's deal, on and on. You don't really think any political person is to "blame" do you? I've read and watched plenty of info over the last 20 years about all of this. The knuckleheads in DC can't be looked to for help, they are bickering morons not scientists. Sadly some will die before they get their check from a week lost stuffing pork into 2T bill just past.  :rotz:

mel t

All the folks here that are of "advanced knowledge" take it easy and be safe.
And for God's sake—please stop yelling at people in the grocery store.

Mel out.

Challenger340

Quote from: mel t on March 27, 2020, 10:41:00 PM
All the folks here that are of "advanced knowledge" take it easy and be safe.
And for God's sake—please stop yelling at people in the grocery store.

Mel out.

I'm of the opinion Mel ?
that it didn't require any "advanced knowledge" to watch most newscasts of what was happening in Wuhan China around in early January ? and the first case in Washington Jan 20th ?, which by then was a catastrophy unfolding in China....  to realize there could be a potentially HUGE problem starting in the U.S. as well ?
just say'in....
if most numb-nutz sitting in front of the boob-tube like us could figure it out ?
WTF was the U.S. Intelligence Community telling POTUS ?

"Oh gee willackers Boss, just a flu goin around China... nuth'in to worry about ?"     Seems kind of unlikely don't it ? Because even the CDC was scream'in like hell by January 20th !

Mytur Binsdirti

Can't trust the Chinese at all..............

Stacks of Urns in Wuhan Prompt New Questions of Virus's Toll
Bloomberg News
March 27, 2020, 1:06 AM EDT

·         

Photos of thousands of ash urns circulate on social media

·         

China's public has questioned the accuracy of government tally

The long lines and stacks of ash urns greeting family members of the dead at funeral homes in Wuhan are spurring questions about the true scale of coronavirus casualties at the epicenter of the outbreak, renewing pressure on a Chinese government struggling to control its containment narrative.

The families of those who succumbed to the virus in the central Chinese city, where the disease first emerged in December, were allowed to pick up their cremated ashes at eight local funeral homes starting this week. As they did, photos circulated on Chinese social media of thousands of urns being ferried in.

Outside one funeral home, trucks shipped in about 2,500 urns on both Wednesday and Thursday, according to Chinese media outlet Caixin. Another picture published by Caixin showed 3,500 urns stacked on the ground inside. It's unclear how many of the urns had been filled.

People who answered the phone at six of the eight funeral homes in Wuhan said they either did not have data on how many urns were waiting to be collected, or were not authorized to disclose the numbers. Calls were not answered at the other two.

Some families said they had been forced to wait for several hours to pick up the ashes. The photos circulated as mass deaths from the virus spiked in cities across the west, including Milan, Madrid and New York, where hospitals were erecting tents to handle the overflow as global infections soar past 500,000, with 24,000 dead.

According to Chinese government figures, 2,535 people in Wuhan have died of the virus. The announcement that a lockdown in place since January would be lifted came after China said its tally of new cases had hit zero and stepped up diplomatic outreach to other countries hard hit by the virus, sending some of them medical supplies.

But some in China have been skeptical of the accuracy of the official tally, particularly given Wuhan's overwhelmed medical system, authorities' attempts to cover up the outbreak in its initial stages, and multiple revisions to the way official cases are counted. Residents on social media have demanded disciplinary action against top Wuhan officials.

China's Hidden Symptom-Free Virus Cases Means Epidemic Not Over

Many people who died had Covid-19 symptoms, but weren't tested and excluded from the official case tally, Caixin said. There were also patients who died of other diseases due to a lack of proper treatment when hospitals were overwhelmed dealing with those who had the coronavirus.

There were 56,007 cremations in Wuhan in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to data from the city's civil affairs agency. The number of cremations was 1,583 higher than those in the fourth quarter of 2018 and 2,231 higher than the fourth quarter of 2017.

Mourning Restrictions
The families of the deceased may not be able to say a proper goodbye to their loved ones just yet. Wuhan's government issued a statement on Thursday prohibiting individuals in the city from tomb-sweeping activities until April 30, meaning they would not be able to observe the traditional April 4 Ching Ming Festival, or tomb sweeping holiday. Other provinces including Guangxi and Zhejiang have also announced similar restrictions.

Two locals in Wuhan who have lost family members to the virus said online that they were informed they had to be accompanied by their employers or officials from neighborhood committees when picking up the urns, likely as a measure against public gatherings.

"I was told by district government to wait until further notice on when I can pick up my father's ashes," one Wuhan resident using the name "Xue Zai Shou Zhong," meaning "snow in hand," posted on Weibo. "There is a staggered arrangement for urn collecting."

Another Weibo user using the handle Adagier said she lost her husband to the coronavirus and had since been contacted by police warning her not to be too emotional -- and to stop posting online.

"I have only one demand," she wrote. "I want to give my husband a proper burial as soon as possible."

— With assistance by Sharon Chen, Dandan Li, and Claire Che