News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So what are the thoughts on Charger prices with all that is going on ???

Started by 70 sublime, March 17, 2020, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

So are the Charger prices going to hold or fall or go up ?

With the stock market taking a dive will those people be looking for other things to put their cash into ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

INTMD8

I haven't bought stocks in a decade but probably will now that they are on sale.

As for Charger prices, no idea.   I would guess buyers will wait and sellers will hold.
69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

chargervert

I had my V code 70 Charger R / T sold and was supposed to be receiving a sizable deposit on it yesterday, but the buyer backed out because of this Corona virus crap. I took a hit like the stock market yesterday!  If I don't get my number on the car,I will put it together and drive it before I take a dime less!

6pkrtse

Don't matter to me where prices go. I still drive the hell out of mine.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

myk

The world, charger prices included, will recover and soar into the skies eventually.  You trying to sell?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

70 sublime

Quote from: myk on March 17, 2020, 05:36:12 PM
The world, charger prices included, will recover and soar into the skies eventually.  You trying to sell?

Nope not really
Just trying to decide if prices were going to go up to a more stupid level what I would do as I have two cars
OR
should I be trying to gather as much cash as I can round up and wait till the bottom gets here and pick up another  :icon_smile_wink:

Wasco

Quote from: chargervert on March 17, 2020, 01:31:03 PM
I had my V code 70 Charger R / T sold and was supposed to be receiving a sizable deposit on it yesterday, but the buyer backed out because of this Corona virus crap. I took a hit like the stock market yesterday!  If I don't get my number on the car,I will put it together and drive it before I take a dime less!

Is your car listed with pictures somewhere?

70 sublime

Quote from: Wasco on March 17, 2020, 07:14:37 PM

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,135706.0.html

Kern Dog

My car's value could drop below that of a '76 Pinto and I wouldn't care. I never looked at it as an investment.   :2thumbs:

myk

Well the time to buy is when the rest of the world is on its knees after a nice kick to the nads like we're experiencing right now.  Buy low if you can now, then sell high to the glazy eyed dreamers in 2021after everyone's forgotten about 2020...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

The value of all toys will go down as people unload them in exchange for toilet paper.

chargervert

Quote from: Wasco on March 17, 2020, 07:14:37 PM

Its listed here and on for b bodies only.

smithenhiven

I kind of hope Charger values tank, if they do I wouldnt mind picking up another one on-the-cheap.  But I dont see that happening.  Sure, they might dip a little, but I dont think we'll see any fire-sale type of deals to be had.

Challenger340

I dunno here.... but it almost seems most asset classes are tanking right now, with some severe and lingering questions around just what anything is going to be worth ?

In Canada....
I think Real Estate could become very telling mid-late Summer into Fall....  because much of Canada's "wealth effect" consumer spending(68% of GDP) was Debt driven ? and let's face it at least a certain amount of those Charger purchases were wealth effect discretionary spending.

NO secret... or at least it shouldn't have been a secret even though the national media have been hiding it pretty well ?
But Western Canada was already in a Full Blown Real Estate Crash before COVID-19 and $9 a Barrel WCS Oil... so Charger prices out here should be tanking as well ?

So glad I listened and sold all my stocks/market positions back in January..... and the advice I'm still getting is don't even think about nibbling back in until Fall.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Lennard

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 17, 2020, 11:32:20 PM
My car's value could drop below that of a '76 Pinto and I wouldn't care. I never looked at it as an investment.   :2thumbs:
Same here :2thumbs:

superbirdtom

theirs like 9 superbirds on ebay right now and same w other mopars.   from 68 to 70 chargers theirs like 75 for sale  i stopped counting.      what does that mean??  dont know the prices shown certainly are no bargains

timmycharger

Quote from: superbirdtom on March 19, 2020, 02:07:59 PM
theirs like 9 superbirds on ebay right now and same w other mopars.   from 68 to 70 chargers theirs like 75 for sale  i stopped counting.      what does that mean??  dont know the prices shown certainly are no bargains

I think it means that people who are in this hobby for the "investment" are freaking out and trying to cut their losses?

chargervert

theirs like 9 superbirds on ebay right now and same w other mopars.   from 68 to 70 chargers theirs like 75 for sale  i stopped counting.      what does that mean??  dont know the prices shown certainly are no bargains

There are only 44 1968 to 1970 Chargers listed on e bay right now, and that is about the norm these days on there. Out of the 44 listed,20 of those are the same overpriced ones that have been listed on there that have been listed for a year or more.

AKcharger

Prices will drop in direct relation to the economy.  Economy good - buy toys, loose job,  no-buy toys and sell toys you have to pay bills

superbirdtom

Quote from: chargervert on March 19, 2020, 02:58:38 PM
theirs like 9 superbirds on ebay right now and same w other mopars.   from 68 to 70 chargers theirs like 75 for sale  i stopped counting.      what does that mean??  dont know the prices shown certainly are no bargains

There are only 44 1968 to 1970 Chargers listed on e bay right now, and that is about the norm these days on there. Out of the 44 listed,20 of those are the same overpriced ones that have been listed on there that have been listed for a year or more.

O WELL  When theirs 44 daytonas and superbirds listed i guess the bottoms fallen out.