News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Carpet Placement

Started by Ghoste, March 30, 2020, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

A couple of questions about getting the front carpet set in place, how far up the firewall did the oem ones go and what is the oem relationship between the base of the throttle pedal and the drivers heel pad.  I see some photos with the pedal placed on the pad and some with it as much as inch or more ahead of it.  Where did the factory have it placed?

Bronzedodge

I can help with the first question - I had to trim around the throttle pedal pivot.  It is an A/C car, the tricky part was the top center of the tunnel, under the heater box.  I'll try for some pics tomorrow.
Mopar forever!

Ghoste

Is that how they did it on the assembly line?

Nacho-RT74

the transmision tunel shape will tell you. There is no way to predict it on a reproduction piece
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Sorry I guess I'm not really making myself too clear here.  What I am trying to find, are photos of OEM carpet sets.  Survivor cars.  Where the carpet ended up the firewall from the factory and how the factory original sets were cut out around the throttle linkage and pedal. 

Finoke

I just replaced the original carpet on my 70 Charger. The gas pedal sits inside the vinyl foot pad on the extreme upper right hand corner. I guess I shouldn't say it sits on the corner. It was actually cut out to sit in it.

Finoke

dual fours

Original 1970 XP 50 year old carpet.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ghoste

So the factory had a cutout in the pad then?

dual fours

A- Floor Mat.
B- Dimmer Switch (cut round hole).
C-Throttle Rod (cut round hole).
D- Throttle Cable Bracket (cut rectangle hole, cut open on the top).
E- Heel Pad. (has a piece of sheet metal sandwiched in the rubber and two studs attached to the sheet metal)
The Heel Pad and the Throttle Pedal are molded in one piece. 
Ghoste, from reading you post, "not really making myself too clear here" you are looking for C and D locations?
But in your last post you said "pad" :shruggy: Do you mean Carpet or Pad as in Padding?
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Ghoste

I meant the heel pad.  Any photos out there of the cutout in that heel pad for the pedal base?

dual fours

I'm sure this you already know, The Throttle Pedal and rubber Heel Pad is one piece molded together. The rubber Heel Pad has a metal sheet sandwiched in the rubber, this metal sheet has two studs attached to it that go down though the cut out in the rubber Floor Mat, under carpet padding, though the metal floor (pre punched holes) and the nuts tighten from the underside. The Floor Mat looks to be cut out for the under side extension of the rubber Heel Pad.
I see the same thing you see in original car photos on the location, some rubber Heel Pads mounted on the rubber Floor Mat and some forward of the rubber Floor Mat mounted on the carpet. Looks like either way could be correct. You would think cutting out the carpet would be easier then cutting out the rubber Floor Mat. I guess someone took the easy way out.     
Ghoste  I'm trying to help.  

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG