News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remember the late 70s?

Started by lloyd3, April 13, 2020, 12:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

While out test driving my Charger in Boulder last week, we stopped to show my car to another car-nut my buddy knows up there. This was his wife's car. Check out that interior....

This is a 1978 Porsche 928 with 40k original miles.  Time has been kind to these cars too.

Homerr

I've always loved the 928 since a guy in a parking lot in the early '80's saw me looking at his car so he got in and started it, then revved it.  Sweet sound!  And those interiors are the best.

The are more weird than I thought after seeing this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLQ_1zsrM

lloyd3

Homerr:  The sun visors in the back seat are an oddity, as are the "lay-down" headlights, but the shape is clearly very interesting, even today.  The little V-8 they have looks and sounds really neat. This one has a stick, which in my mind is another big plus.  God only knows what they paid for it.

Aero426

That is the called the 'Pasha' interior pattern.     As slippery as a 1969 Daytona, the top level equipped cars were good for nearly 170 mph.       Water cooled cars like the 928 and 944 were intended to be the future of the Porsche brand as the 911 model aged out.    The 928 is a great driving car.   They are also the poster child for deferred maintenance and a bad one will eat you alive.     Like other 80's performance cars, they've crept up in price after years of being cheap.   They made a lot of them over about 15 years.   

lloyd3

Slippery indeed.  They look fast just setting still.  Odd color combination here, an olive brown that would've looked horrible to me 25-years ago. Not so bad now.

Ghoste

I don't know about overall production but around it here, it seems like that brown was the color of choice for 928's.

odcics2

.41 without the rear lip spoiler
.38 with.

Not even close to a real Daytona!!!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

John_Kunkel

I had an '87 928S4, bought it from a fellow Mopar enthusiast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsxQZ_H96aY
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T