News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looks like I was right

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, April 25, 2020, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Everyone is a bit premature, as this C-19 rips through Africa, India and less medical capable areas we will find out if the 94-96% survival rate holds true. Your never going to know how bad or good anything could have been but have fun projecting. To take what we "Think" we "Know" and extrapolate won't make changes, only action will. Call your representatives please give them an earful!!   :2thumbs:

Mike DC

QuoteMan Mike, I don't know you, but it appears that you really are obsessed with class and other people's money.

One side of my family came from a different background than the other.  Some years of my education were at a much different school than another.  Etc.  It's partially just life experience.  

mel t

MoparMike68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 26, 2020, 04:48:19 PM

QuoteI have yet to see the word charger mentioned in the last couple pages  lol

Maybe we should move this thread to the "Off Topic Discussion" forum.   :scratchchin:
I apologize didn't mean to veer "Off Topic"  :smilielol:

Challenger340

BTW
what 'Flu' or super Flu ever approached a 7% Mortality rate like COVID ? ?

Because all I can find is that even the Spanish Flu Pandemic only killed less than 2.5% Mortality Rate Vrs infections ?

And I still can't figure out how the USA has 1/24th of global population.... but yet has fully 1/3 of all Global COVID infections ?   Bad reporting elsewhere maybe ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

XH29N0G

All,  

It appears that the intention behind this thread has been to stir things up, sit back and watch. Maybe to see whether people can be baited into getting banned.  

Although I am guilty of reacting myself, there is no need to get caught up in the argument. It is clear to me that a number here are up on the situation is with COVID and think carefully about our sources of information.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Challenger340 on April 26, 2020, 05:29:38 PM
BTW

Because all I can find is that even the Spanish Flu Pandemic only killed less than 2.5% Mortality Rate Vrs infections ?

And I still can't figure out how the USA has 1/24th of global population.... but yet has fully 1/3 of all Global COVID infections ?   Bad reporting elsewhere maybe ?

Looks more like 5.5% according to Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-has-lowest-coronavirus-mortality-rates-worldwide-highest-number-deaths-1499347

I live in eastern Massachusetts & per capita, MA has been hit pretty hard. Boston and especially NYC are both major international airline hubs servicing Europe where it freely came from. NYC is very densely populated which explains why it exploded there & NJ.

Mike DC

QuoteLooks more like 5.5% according to Newsweek.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-has-lowest-coronavirus-mortality-rates-worldwide-highest-number-deaths-1499347

I'm still betting on a true mortality rate around 1% (of total infected).  Been my guess ever since March.

And I still can't figure out how the USA has 1/24th of global population.... but yet has fully 1/3 of all Global COVID infections ?   Bad reporting elsewhere maybe ?

Too early to call it.  The virus hasn't even reached much of Africa yet.  China's numbers are BS.  Etc.  

NHCharger

I would like to see a comparison of how many people died from stroke, heart attack, pneumonia, natural causes for February, March, April for the last 5 years. Would be interesting to see if the numbers are fairly consistent or if there is a significant percentage drop for 2020.
I here so many stories about the numbers being skewed.
I did see a press conference from Illinois last week where a doctor stated the anyone that died in a nursing home and an autopsy detected the virus the death is automatically ruled covid 19.

Here in NH they have emptied out the hospitals expecting a huge surge. So far only 295 patients statewide have been hospitalized. Eliot hospital in Manchester just laid off 430 people.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mike DC

QuoteI would like to see a comparison of how many people died from stroke, heart attack, pneumonia, natural causes for February, March, April for the last 5 years. Would be interesting to see if the numbers are fairly consistent or if there is a significant percentage drop for 2020.
I here so many stories about the numbers being skewed.

IMO that's the only way to guess at the real death toll.  Start with the number of grand total deaths in the country during this period, and back-engineer it from that.  

They would need to consider other factors caused by the lockdown.  Probably an increase in suicides, a decrease in car crashes and on-the-job accidents, etc.  Compare everything to the yearly averages before & after 2020.  

QuoteI did see a press conference from Illinois last week where a doctor stated the anyone that died in a nursing home and an autopsy detected the virus the death is automatically ruled covid 19.

Here in NH they have emptied out the hospitals expecting a huge surge. So far only 295 patients statewide have been hospitalized. Eliot hospital in Manchester just laid off 430 people.

The hospitals started grouping the deaths that way for Hazmat reasons.  A dead body with the virus gets handled differently than a non-infected dead body, whether the virus killed the person or not.  

Also, they don't know stuff for sure.  High blood pressure has a big correlation with Covid deaths.  The virus seems to cause abrupt heart attacks in some people.  Etc.  If they only count the people dying from respiratory issues then they aren't counting all the Covid deaths.  The virus is not that simple.  (Why is it hitting older people so much worse than younger, even compared to a normal flu?  Covid-19 is not a normal flu.) 

There are factors that over-count the Covid deaths and there are also factors that under-count it.  Many people have gotten sick and died without ever being tested, especially in the earlier weeks of the outbreak.  

b5blue

Influenza killed 650,000. Look up pics of mass ditch burials. Don't overlook the intent of stay home was to avoid rampant overwhelming of the heath care system and to that end has succeeded. It bought the one thing you can't buy...time. Holes in the supply system have been identified and faults in the system are being fixed. I can't even imagine if this happened when I was raising my 3 kids alone, what I could have done.  :scratchchin:   

Challenger340

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 26, 2020, 05:49:05 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on April 26, 2020, 05:29:38 PM
BTW

Looks more like 5.5% according to Newsweek.

I live in eastern Massachusetts & per capita, MA has been hit pretty hard. Boston and especially NYC are both major international airline hubs servicing Europe where it freely came from. NYC is very densely populated which explains why it exploded there & NJ.

Newsweek article is only a week out of date ?

Today's numbers Globally are 2,994,958 Infections with 206,997 Deaths.... or tracking 6.9% Mortality rate

50,000 deaths in the USA in just 9 weeks ?

I dunno if re-opening against the best Medical advice in some states is all that smart ?

Challenger340

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 26, 2020, 06:05:38 PM

QuoteLooks more like 5.5% according to Newsweek.

I'm still betting on a true mortality rate around 1% (of total infected).  Been my guess ever since March.

Too early to call it.  The virus hasn't even reached much of Africa yet.  China's numbers are BS.  Etc.  

Today's numbers Globally are 2,994,958 Infections with 206,997 Deaths.... or tracking 6.9% Mortality rate

Just saying.....
with many states planning re-openings very soon let's all pray this nasty Bug doesn't get a new lease on an increasing infection rate/out of control, because the USA already has almost 1/3 of the Global cases with only 1/24 th of Global Population.

WHY is the USA bearing the brunt of this Bug seemingly worse than the rest of the planet ?

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 26, 2020, 04:43:09 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 25, 2020, 12:40:28 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 25, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 25, 2020, 03:49:31 AM
As I usually am. The Kung Flu was overhyped..........

According to you and the author of that article. Ever search for an alternate opinion before patting yourself on the back?

Ummm, compared to the MSM, that is an alternative opinion. How about telling us what you think is wrongly stated in that article instead of just crowing about the article itself?

First thing I do when reading a cherry-picked article that supports the poster's agenda is to Google the author of the article. Author of that article leans one way but that way evidently suits you so..................
Google? You might as well cite CNN as your source. Google is as far to the side as you can get.

alfaitalia

Google does not put the info on.......just an engine that allows you to access it........?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

MoparMike68

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 27, 2020, 03:44:09 AM
Google does not put the info on.......just an engine that allows you to access it........?
CNN "Larry King" Episode Featuring Biden Accusers Mother disappeared from google play catalog.

Kern Dog

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 27, 2020, 03:44:09 AM
You are misinformed.
Look at these sources as teachers or parents that filter every bit of information that you can get. They "allow" you to know what they are willing to allow and block info that may discredit those that they support.

Challenger340

If I'm understanding correctly here, so now Google, Firefox, Bing, etc., etc., are all now Fake search Engines as well ? and the information is NOT to be trusted, especially if we don't like the info that gets presented ?

So I guess it's time for me to just re-install my Tin Foil Hat and believe WHAT exactly ?   
Just where does anyone get the truth from ?

Just say'in here....
if the assertion here is that certain search engines are now being manipulated to provide only 'cherry picked' information..... then I believe we are headed into a 'political' discussion and we should STOP right now !

alfaitalia

Exactly why I didn't reply...there is something about this forum and FBBO where most seem to believe that everything is a conspiracy theory and every government (left or right, USA or foreign...he says....trying not to be accused of talking political and being anti USA...which I'm not) is out to control your thoughts and actions and the people who DON'T believe it are the nutters! Exactly why I'm trying (not very well) to avoid non car threads and have left the FBBO political forum.....but sometimes the temptation is too much! Lol.

Mike DC

QuoteCNN "Larry King" Episode Featuring Biden Accusers Mother disappeared from google play catalog.

Typical.

MoparMike68

Quote; If I'm understanding correctly here,"So Now",
It's not like it's something new no one should believe everything they read. Although it is sometimes
difficult to acquire reputable sources,in fact most of the time articles start with "source" What? Who? Where?
Doesn't even matter anymore unfortunately  :shruggy:

Nacho-RT74

on a side note about all what you are talking about, but just to let it know how thing changes when you are affected.

in UK Boris Johnson didn't took care really seriouslly the lockdown on the begining of the crisis untill touched him personally! Now that he got contagioused and even had to be ingresed into the ICU he doesn't care about the economy deal more than the health and he is not  prone to relax the lockdown untill there is no guarantee UK it won't get a second peak of infection!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/uk/boris-johnson-downing-street-speech-return-intl-gbr/index.html

How things change HUH ? and I bet some of you would change their perspective if this deal touchs you.

now, you can speak anything about Media stuff because I'm being posting a CNN link... I bet some will say something about that, but what about if we heard his own words ? just play the video! Actually I just posted the CNN link because it was the first one I found on google in english.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

MoparMike68

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 27, 2020, 11:32:38 AM

QuoteCNN "Larry King" Episode Featuring Biden Accusers Mother disappeared from google play catalog.

Typical.

Just providing a factual example that hasn't reached much of the fair press.   :nana:

XH29N0G

Quote from: MoparMike68 on April 27, 2020, 11:48:52 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 27, 2020, 11:32:38 AM

Typical.

Just providing a factual example that hasn't reached much of the fair press.   :nana:

Second one down when I open google.  Looks like real big repression to me   :eyes: 

I understand it was/is possible to manipulate google.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

alfaitalia

You can certainly pay so be at the top of the search listing.....we do is all the time to come up before our competitors.