News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looks like I was right

Started by Mytur Binsdirti, April 25, 2020, 03:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Some here will say that this is cherry picked and not a real source of information.....

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/COVID19/

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mike DC

QuoteJust providing a factual example that hasn't reached much of the fair press.

Well, they gotta bury that story SOMEHOW, don't they? 

XH29N0G

Mytur,

That CDC site is interesting.  Breakdowns particularly interesting.

Thanks for posting.

We will see what happens moving forward.  I am really hoping that it is way overblown.  There are enough different types of responses in the US and Europe and other places to see.  (Talked with someone from France today who said they were opening up schools.)

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 27, 2020, 02:21:00 PM
Mytur,

That CDC site is interesting.  Breakdowns particularly interesting.

Thanks for posting.

We will see what happens moving forward.  I am really hoping that it is way overblown.  There are enough different types of responses in the US and Europe and other places to see.  (Talked with someone from France today who said they were opening up schools.)

John_Kunkel

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 26, 2020, 05:48:30 PM
All,  

It appears that the intention behind this thread has been to stir things up,

Of course, note the source.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 26, 2020, 11:33:58 PM

Google? You might as well cite CNN as your source. Google is as far to the side as you can get.

So, I'll ask again, what do you consider a source of unbiased info? C'mon Greg, here's your chance to shine....do a service for your fellow board members and steer us to the  "straight shit".

XH29N0G

Maybe I stepped in it, I saw who posted it, looked at the web page, and thought it looked credible.
If I am the source to which you refer then that may be a different matter.  :icon_smile_big:

Arnold scares me a bit.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Challenger340

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 27, 2020, 12:32:11 PM
Some here will say that this is cherry picked and not a real source of information.....

Well THAT looks pretty darn credible to me ?    :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

John_Kunkel

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics"

The only way Filthy Rag and his ilk can claim to be "right" is to compare two scenarios...one in which the powers to be decided that CV-19 was no big deal and carried on business as usual and the scenario that actually occurred. Since it's impossible to go back in time and implement the first scenario, nobody can say what the severity of the bug would be or how it will play out in the future, only a supreme ego can claim to be right.

Only the history books will tell and they'll be accused of being biased.

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 27, 2020, 02:41:21 PM

Google? You might as well cite CNN as your source. Google is as far to the side as you can get.

So, I'll ask again, what do you consider a source of unbiased info? C'mon Greg, here's your chance to shine....do a service for your fellow board members and steer us to the  "straight shit".

I wish that I knew. You obviously think that I am wrong so are you fair enough to search and report back on the political leanings of the owners of Google?
What I do know is that at the very least, DuckDuckGo does not sell your search history.
Also, just for the sake of comparison....Hit Google and type in "American Inventors". The people on the front of the list almost all come up as Black people.
Really? 90% of the American inventors were Black? No Asians, No Hispanics, only a few White guys? You don't see this as heavily biased?
Does a Teachers pet brag about being one? Does a card player let everyone know what great cards they are holding? The answer to both is NO.
It threatens your advantage if you admit that you have one. If the media is biased to your side, you are not likely to admit it for fear of being accused of having an unfair advantage.

MoparMike68

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 27, 2020, 12:32:11 PM

Facts   :yesnod:  Took it Home  :cheers:

mel t

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 27, 2020, 03:43:36 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 27, 2020, 02:41:21 PM

I wish that I knew. You obviously think that I am wrong so are you fair enough to search and report back on the political leanings of the owners of Google?
What I do know is that at the very least, DuckDuckGo does not sell your search history.
Also, just for the sake of comparison....Hit Google and type in "American Inventors". The people on the front of the list almost all come up as Black people.
Really? 90% of the American inventors were Black? No Asians, No Hispanics, only a few White guys? You don't see this as heavily biased?
Does a Teachers pet brag about being one? Does a card player let everyone know what great cards they are holding? The answer to both is NO.
It threatens your advantage if you admit that you have one. If the media is biased to your side, you are not likely to admit it for fear of being accused of having an unfair advantage.

stripedelete

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 27, 2020, 11:14:57 AM
Exactly why I didn't reply...there is something about this forum and FBBO where most seem to believe that everything is a conspiracy theory and every government (left or right, USA or foreign...he says....trying not to be accused of talking political and being anti USA...which I'm not) is out to control your thoughts and actions and the people who DON'T believe it are the nutters! Exactly why I'm trying (not very well) to avoid non car threads and have left the FBBO political forum.....but sometimes the temptation is too much! Lol.

Some of it is a coping mechanism.  But for most, it's never having had knock-you-on-your-ass pneumonia.  The kind that takes 3-4 months to get back to 100%.  Not the little spot-on-the-lung and antibiotics for a couple weeks type.  :Twocents:

stripedelete

Quote from: b5blue on April 26, 2020, 09:00:50 PM
Holes in the supply system have been identified and faults in the system are being fixed.  

Much overlooked.   What we are learning should greatly improve our chances when the real nasty one comes along.  And it will.........

XH29N0G

Also could be that the order of things on google is influenced by an algorithm that takes the number of hits into account and african american inventors are high on that list for some other reason - maybe reports on african american history month.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: XH29N0G on April 26, 2020, 06:46:29 AMSome of you are trying to stir things up again with agenda-driven views.

COVID looks to be one of the most important things that has faced the world.  We should follow the best information possible, not the fake news of the OP and the misleading comparisons and information that was just given.

The most prudent route would solve the issue with a cure and vaccine.  

Well, don't hold your breath for a vaccine any time soon, if ever.

"No coronavirus vaccine has ever been produced"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-vaccine-may-be-impossible-to-produce-scientists-covid-2020-4

"Making vaccines is always challenging. Developing this one is made more difficult because there has never been a vaccine for any type of coronavirus."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/28/21156385/covid-coronavirus-vaccine-treatment-moderna-remdesivir-research

Before anyone here scoffs at more of what some may believe is misleading and fake news, just post some facts that will prove me wrong.

Mytur Binsdirti

Is there a possibility this coronavirus was overhyped, and even given empirical current data, continues to be so?  

THE MODELS WERE WRONG. DOES ANYONE CARE?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/04/the-models-were-wrong-does-anyone-care.php  

Let's face it, there are many in this country who support the Chicoms, even though they created this bio weapon and let it escape to the entire world. Despite this, people like Bill Gates are continually defending China. Keep in mind that his foundation is one of the largest private funders of WHO, and we all know they are in China's pocket.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/bill-gates-defends-chinas-response-to-coronavirus/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8259591/Now-not-time-Bill-Gates-defends-China-coronavirus-response.html

The real question that should be asked is why would the MSM want to keep the populace in a state of panic and fear? Connect the dots people.

Disclaimer: Yeah, I know, some here will say that I'm just stirring the pot with more fake and misleading news.  ::)

Mike DC

QuoteThe real question that should be asked is why would the MSM want to keep the populace in a state of panic and fear? Connect the dots people.

The MSM is a private industry.  They stoke fears to make a profit, like the news media has done for thousands of years.  A big organized sinister plot is not necessary just to make them do that.    

alfaitalia

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 28, 2020, 02:39:37 AM
Quote from: XH29N0G on April 26, 2020, 06:46:29 AMSome of you are trying to stir things up again with agenda-driven views.

COVID looks to be one of the most important things that has faced the world.  We should follow the best information possible, not the fake news of the OP and the misleading comparisons and information that was just given.

The most prudent route would solve the issue with a cure and vaccine.  

Well, don't hold your breath for a vaccine any time soon, if ever.

Vaccines are already undergoing human trials at Oxford University UK....and in their words on the news last night they are "very hopeful". I also understand its happening in other countries ....including the USA. It may not have been done in the past....but we've never needed it like this in the past....certainly not in my lifetime....its amazing what you can do/invent/discover when enough money is being thrown at the problem!!! Im nothing if not an optimist.....so those that believe in a God....start praying that these guys are a clever as they think!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52394485

https://oxfordbrc.nihr.ac.uk/oxford-covid-19-vaccine-begins-human-trial-stage/
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

b5blue

I.m looking forward to this weeks "NOVA" on PBS. It examines man's tendency to develop conspiracy theories.   

XH29N0G

Vaccine development was discussed in that linke I posted from the NASEM. They said that there were 107 verifiably active programs for vaccines targeting different aspects of the virus.  There was one in phase 2 trials in China and a handful in phase 1 trials (the Oxford CHADOX being one of those).  They said that in the end, How fast they appear depends on whether people (governments and rich people/foundations maybe companies) are willing to take a financial risk of starting to build inventory during the trial period.  

My guess is we are still talking about something in a year or two range rather than months, and it is possible that all will fail.

(Thanks for the heads up on conspiracy theories.)

Or maybe it protects us. 

c00nhunterjoe

how will they make a vaccine when they said it has already mutated multiple times in humans?