News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One more time on locked posts.

Started by 62 Max, May 25, 2020, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

62 Max

I find it odd that there are way more locked post's on this forum than most others,this will probably be next !   :shruggy:

XH29N0G

There is a line related to bringing up and discussing politics that is enforced.  Probably others.  I don't mind that being there. 

Next thing for me is to get fresh gas into my car and get a better picture than the one I failed at yesterday.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Alaskan_TA

It is not the forum.

Note the repeat offenders.

It is a few of the members that refuse to play well with others, not the forum.  :Twocents:

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on May 25, 2020, 11:35:27 AM
It is not the forum.

Note the repeat offenders.

It is a few of the members that refuse to play well with others, not the forum.  :Twocents:

It's also fair to note the repeat crybabies.

Lennard

My opinion... talk politics = ban. You've read the forum rules when you signed up and it's stated in a sticky above.

I'm on this car forum for the CARS. Not f#cking politics!

RallyeMike

I love how people complain on other sites about how dead and liberal this forum is, the weak moderation, and lack of upgrades, yet spend hours and hours and hours here still   :shruggy:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lennard

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 25, 2020, 02:47:46 PM
I love how people complain on other sites about how dead and liberal this forum is, the weak moderation, and lack of upgrades, yet spend hours and hours and hours here still   :shruggy:

:yesnod:

MoparMike68

It's time everyone admits they can't resist a good debate/argument because if it weren't true nobody
would click in the" Off Topic Discussion for Non Auto Related Topics".
Because there's plenty of car discussion elsewhere. However I just happened to stumble upon this thread
I follow all the rules  :lol:

Challenger340

Quote from: 62 Max on May 25, 2020, 10:12:53 AM
I find it odd that there are way more locked post's on this forum than most others,this will probably be next !   :shruggy:

ODD ?

Ya THINK ???????????

They LOCK threads in here even if the threads themselves are NOT Political !      

Because ALL that has to happen to get a thread LOCKED ?
is that if someone.... anyone.... but usually the repeat same offenders... doesn't like the facts contained within that off topic discussion.... all they have to do is post a 'political' meme in the Thread and Bingo it gets locked !

By default the moderators in here have effectively granted a censorship gavel to certain repeat offenders here ?

For example:
all you have to do is point out, that any way you look at it....  the USA is the World Leader in COVID cases ? and maybe people should be cognizant of that and be extra careful during economic re-opening ?
THAT is a statement of FACT... and 'off topic' not discussing Chargers.... intended to re-enforce keeping personal safety in mind as the economy re-opens ?

Now, if someone doesn't like the above FACT ? and does NOT believe people should be extra careful to protect themselves and others because of it ?
Then ALL they have to do.... is very simply post up a "political" meme within that thread to turn it "political" and get the thread LOCKED !

By DEFAULT = a CENSORSHIP Tool...... when really the NIMRODS who turn it "political' are the ones that should be shit-canned for being MORONS !

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Challenger340

Quote from: Lennard on May 25, 2020, 02:15:33 PM
My opinion... talk politics = ban. You've read the forum rules when you signed up and it's stated in a sticky above.

You don't even have to talk Politics ?
You can be legitimately discussing other 'off topic' things that are NON-Political.... and if others for whatever reason don't like what you are discussing ?.... all they have to do is ADD a "Political" meme to that off-topic legitimate discussion others are having and get it LOCKED !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Alaskan_TA

I'll just leave this here for Troy to use as he see fit........

Birdflu

I love how people complain on other sites about how dead and liberal this forum is, the weak moderation, and lack of upgrades, yet spend hours and hours and hours here still   :shruggy:

One of the things I enjoy about this site compared to 'others' is the lack of advertising and that damned annoying 'infolinks'! The speed at which this operates is also refreshing! (Oops...accidental pun!) Thanks Troy for your efforts!  :cheers:

70charger_boy

The main reason why threads get locked is that there are certain people in here that despise other people in here, and anytime they see a post from that person--they have to chime in with something stupid.  I know this because I was one of those stupid people who had his list of enemies.  I viewed them as my enemies because I found out their political leaning.  I was a loser for that, and you guys should be proud of what Troy and the other mods do on this forum, because I've been on other forums that have a political section and it is a sewer. :Twocents:

XH29N0G

Well said. 

last post and other posts.   :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Nacho-RT74

some ppl is not mature enough to talk about anything without insert an insulting off topic coments to the topic being discussed to some other members with maybe a diff point of view ( and this is not just about the off topic section, but also on regular Cars threads ). Quite often repeatedly the same ppl.

Then happens what it happens
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

c00nhunterjoe

The golden rule in my garage when friends come over to endulge in chilled beverages- no politics- no world events. We talk care, horsepower and ood racing stories with cousin brucie blasting on the bose.

With this site- i dont really care, i can skip topics if i dont car to dive into a shit storm, or i can jump in and enjoy the popcorn and fireworks. I spoke my peace on covid once. Covid is political. The rest is popcorn for me. Carry on.

b5blue

I like it here and laugh when others proclaim useless crap on a forum intended for vintage Chargers. Why drag crap into this forum that nobody came here for? You forget the man that PAYS for this decides and I support (Again and like.) his format.  :2thumbs: Thanks Troy!

4cruzin

Its not a fun job being a moderator . . I am on other sites and trying to keep the peace is a pain in the A$$!  But not all members play nicely with others. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

John_Kunkel

:2thumbs:  'nuff said.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: b5blue on May 26, 2020, 10:22:09 AM
I like it here and laugh when others proclaim useless crap on a forum intended for vintage Chargers. Why drag crap into this forum that nobody came here for? You forget the man that PAYS for this decides and I support (Again and like.) his format.  :2thumbs: Thanks Troy!

I love how people complain on other sites about how dead and liberal this forum is, the weak moderation, and lack of upgrades, yet spend hours and hours and hours here still   :shruggy:

This off topic section is for no-car related topics, so what's the gripe about not talking about Chargers in this sub-section?. A major current event of the past couple of months has been the Kung Flu and unfortunately, because it has been politicized everywhere, politics can't help being discussed when talking about it.

If those who claim that they want to talk about cars, then do so, but one just has to look at the response count for nearly all of the different topics in the Charger section and it  shows that there's really not a lot of interest in Chargers. The same goes for the car guys section. For those of you who criticize me, you might want to ask yourselves why that is.

odcics2

Kinda like a train wreck.

Terribly bad, but you can't look away. 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: odcics2 on May 27, 2020, 05:46:40 AM

Kinda like a train wreck.

Terribly bad, but you can't look away.  

If there ever was a thread that was a real train wreck, it was the TransTona thread.

b5blue

A virus has no political affiliation anymore than death does. Would anyone here pass a person broke down on the side of the road with a vintage Charger? No you would stop and help, not ask political questions. This forum altered my Chargers future with the help gotten here. You only get so far with a 50 year old FSM.  :lol: 

67440chrg

Quote from: b5blue on May 27, 2020, 09:40:54 AM
  A virus has no political affiliation anymore than death does. Would anyone here pass a person broke down on the side of the road with a vintage Charger? No you would stop and help, not ask political questions. This forum altered my Chargers future with the help gotten here. You only get so far with a 50 year old FSM.  :lol: 

Thank You. I have neighbors and friends that have different political views but we all believe the virus is real and would not want anyone hurt by it. Be careful.