News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger for sale in my home town - UPDATED WITH MORE PICTURES

Started by Drache, May 29, 2020, 11:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Seller knows very little about it, father in law passed away. Asking price if $5500 CDN

Above the wheels on the dash it looks like a big red "R" from an R/T badge?

Sadly I no longer live there so I can't go look at it in person.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70 sublime

Could you get an R/T car with a flat hood ?
The console sitting on the seats is for an older style car and has the older style shifter handle on the floor
Should have the fancier doors with the scoops
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Drache

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 29, 2020, 12:21:10 PM
Could you get an R/T car with a flat hood ?
The console sitting on the seats is for an older style car and has the older style shifter handle on the floor
Should have the fancier doors with the scoops

yes the console and shifter are not for the car. The hood could be from a different car but good pointing out with the doors, they dont have the vents/louvers like a '71 R/T should have. I have someone who can look at the car on Sunday but the seller said he has someone looking at it today, so I probably won't get the chance to find out more about it sadly.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Nacho-RT74

WS23 on VIN.... that will tell you.

but flat hood and doors... it points out is not. easier to add an emblem than change both doors and hood

Pretty much interesting it got Rallye Cluster. It could be a Charger 500 too ( they got same R/T tail lights, with flat hoods and doors ). Can't recall the VIN for it. I know WP is SE, WS is R/T, WM is as far I recall SuperBee, WL is the basic coupe... so it should be WH ?

Editing... just checked, it shares the WP of the SE while WH is the same Hardtop designation than 72/74

Editing2... upper door panels are from 72...  Buckets seems to be from a Cordoba/Charger
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Drache

Only other info the guy could give me about the Charger:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70 sublime

So the Friday guy not show up or did they turn it down because maybe it was too rough or not an R/T ?

Kern Dog

Looks like EL5, Butterscotch was the original color, a 1 year only option. Some really like that color. :2thumbs:

Drache

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 31, 2020, 11:28:20 AM
So the Friday guy not show up or did they turn it down because maybe it was too rough or not an R/T ?

Guy changed his mind and bought the monaco instead for $8500
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dash is out of a real R/T car. Had a sun roof that someone welded closed and it's rusting through. Car runs. He said the engine was a 318 but I'm pretty sure it's a 383.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70 sublime

An after market sun roof or factory ?
The motor could be a 400 ?
Wonder what happened to the fancy doors that should be there

Drache

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 31, 2020, 06:03:09 PM

Im going to guess the car wasn't an R/T but the dash from an R/T was swapped in.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Back floors were completely gone I am told. It's a real rust bucket sadly.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

If it is the original engine, it would be a 383. 1971 was the last year for 383s, 1972 was the first for the 400.

Drache

No idea is the sunroof was factory, I wasn't the one looking at the car.

So do you all think the car is worth making an offer on?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70 sublime

71 72 have the same type of K frame set up as the earlier cars
Think you would need to see what the car looks like from the bottom to have a good guess on value
The cross member for the torsion bars ??

If it appears to have never been a real R/T and the dash has been swapped to make it so will it ever be worth much ?
Do these cars have the extra VIN stamped anyplace else on the car to confirm a swap ?
I thought there were some numbers under the hood on the firewall ?

70 sublime

The car could have been left for dead in the past and someone got the bulge hood and better doors for another project and now this one has been patched up again ?

I just looked at the door open picture again and it seems to have the same flakes of light coloured paint showing through so I would guess those are the doors that car was born with

Drache

Quote from: 70 sublime on May 31, 2020, 06:29:40 PM
The car could have been left for dead in the past and someone got the bulge hood and better doors for another project and now this one has been patched up again ?

I mean that could be. The fender tag is gone, you can see where it was in the picture with the engine. The screws are still there and you can see the discoloration so it was there not too long ago.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RallyeMike

You can find the VIN on the radiator core support near the zip tie on the battery side. My guess is it is not an RT and the dash was swapped. The flat hood is the same gold/butterscotch color of the engine bay. No RT doors. Rally gauges could have come with other packages, so that is not a clue.

Considering the rust, wiring, lack of 440, wrong radiator, lack of bulge hood and RT doors, welded sunroof, bent bumpers, no tag, and all the other problems that certainly exist... I think you are looking at a $1500 car if it IS an RT. If it is a factory sunroof RT, then more. Not a factory RT or sunroof and you are looking at parts car money. In any case, way less than $5500.

Pretty good clue: The last buyers walked away and bought the C-body instead!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Nacho-RT74

If intake is still the correct/matching for the engine is a squarebore and all 400s are spreadbore

About the car... I'm pretty sure there are WAY better options around

Bronzedodge

The rust at the bottom of the door hinge pillar is a bad sign.  Those bodies are prone to rust around the hood hinges.  Was it raining during the pics or is it a sapsucker?  :lol:
Mopar forever!

taxspeaker

It has the very rare underhood headlight trouble light option-must add some value